Sign in to follow this  
Dedaciai

Severe HH sufferers...does your nose run when you sweat?

When I start having a bad sweating episode (hands, feet, underarms and crotch start dripping) I notice that my nose runs real bad. Have any of you noticed that your nose runs when you sweat?...maybe it is just a coincendence.

I know it sounds crazy but it happens like clockwork.

Poison: My bad episodes happen usually when I am nervous/anxious but that is not always the case. I don't suffer from allergies either and have been an HH sufferer since I was 7.

I just think that it it weird that it happens...maybe it has something to do with my overactive sympathetic nervous system :roll:

Dedaciai,

I just wanted to write to tell you that I share that same problem. My nose runs all the time - while I'm going through anxiety sweating. I didn't realize it at first until my partner pointed it out to me....what are they for eh?

Here is my theory...I am no scientist and it is not based on any studies...but I like to think about the cause of all this...it keeps my mind entertained :D So, if I am feeling anxious - my body pulls my energy and heat into my core...a protective response. That leaves my extremities - hands, feet, and nose - freezing. My body then tries to compensate by working harder to get the heat out to my extremities...thus the sweating at the core - especially under my armpits. The sweating response is not necessarily connected to my heat distribution response - so I start to sweat at the hands and feet - while they are still freezing. My nose doesn't sweat - probably no sweat glands there...but it stays cold...hence the dripping - constant dripping. It is not until my body is one temperature again does the dripping and sweating stop. And of course that is when I am at home watching TV under a comfy blanket and it doesn't matter anyway :)

I could be full of it...but the long and the short of it is...I completely relate to what you are saying.

My nose leaks ( not drip ) whenever I sweat. My face and back of neck is the worst areas, although my whole body sweats, my face and the back of my neck is the most embarrassing and aggravating areas. It is so uncomfortable for me to go anywhere in warm temperatures. Living in South Louisiana doesn't help. I'm at my wits end !!!