Sign in to follow this  
betty

capillary clear + make up advice

Hi

I was just wondering if anyobdy has tried this product from Boots:

http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/product_details_brand_treatment.jsp?productid=1068292&classificationid=1040911

I am going to a large Boots in London tomorrow, in the hope of getting some Skin Doctors Capillary Clear cream after reading recommendations on this site, but saw this in a smaller store the opther day and was curious about its effects.

Also, does anyone have any advice on foundations to cover FB and FF (though flushing is my main concern post ETS; it has on a few occasions been intensely fire engine red red red)

I was using a No.7 product, whose effectiveness I was a little unsure of (I think the placebo psychological effect of wearing any foundation, for me, is positive) but they have recently jigged this range about and was forced to buy the Stay Perfect foundation in New Ivory, as my old product has been discontinued. I am finding this quite yellow, obvious and less effective in covering redness (I'm sure however that I recently read an expert stating that yellow was better than green for counteracting red??)

I am considering trying Cliniques Continuous Coverage foundation as it's marketing blurb says that it is: 'Recommended by physicians to cover scars, skin discolourations, birthmarks....' or possibly Keromask, though I worry both of these will be hard to apply without looking really unnatural and cakey.

Has anybody had any experience of Shiseido Colour Control stick?

http://www.handbag.com/beauty/products/getitshiseidocontrol/

I am busy looking for a new foundation to buy for this coming weekend, as I have been invited to a barbeque and am dreading the inevitable flushing that I'll have to endure..

DAYLIGHT + ALCOHOL + BOY I FANCY + GENERAL ANXIETY =

BIG RED BURNING CHEEKS....oh the humiliation..

Anyway, I think I will have to invest in the Clinique product mentioned in my previous post to see if that will mask my flushing at all, but seeing this article recommending the Shiseido stuff made me curious (though admittedly I’ve never found green base make-up all that great.)

Hi Betty,

I'm so very, very empathic of your situation. I KNOW how awful that anticipatory anxiety of a "blush event" is... I used to be much more afraid of them when I was in my teens and twenties though...I've become rather "shameless" with age. 8) Yes, there ARE perks to growing old! :wink:

I think that using the Keromask will be more helpful to you. I've tried the Clinique stuff and it really does not cover a real blush/flush the way the true camoflage make-ups do.

Anyway, TRY to concentrate on all the fun you will have! And enjoy this fellow's company instead of focusing about your face... :D (Easier said than done...but TRY)

GOOD LUCK, GIRL! :D

Just to let you know of our success with your acne products. I ordered the acne products for the whole family but especially for my 13-year-old daughter who has an acne treatment problem. For over a year we have battled this acne trying months of dermatologist treatment with no results. Even the dermatologist seemed defeated with the results. We ordered Pro-active acne treatment from the acne medicine and had some improvement but not nearly enough. I had her spray her face with the colloidal silver once a day and rub it in somewhat. After three days her face had a dramatic improvement noticed by other people as well. It has been about three weeks and the great improvement has lasted Try it acne medicine .