Sign in to follow this  
forward

DATING Websites for blushers

Guest Anonymous

actually we seek someone genetically different from ourselves, otherwise we would all be inbreeds like in the middle east :x

actually we seek someone genetically different from ourselves, otherwise we would all be inbreeds like in the middle east :x

You know, that explains a lot! No wonder that I end up being attracted mostly to the loud, gregarious ones...

well, you seem rather outgoing to me..am i wrong?

See? Most people that know me will say that. But I consider myself very shy and I blush at the "drop of a hat"...so I compensate by being friendly and "taking the focus" off myself. My natural tendency is to be a hermit and a bit of a "social phobic" soooo I MAKE myself go out and socialize. It's years and years of Cognitive behavior Training :wink: At a party, I MAKE myself talk to at least one new person... if anything you make a lot of friends...

My darling Vickygirl, how moist you make me when ever I take the trouble to peruse you posts.

Now, having just rearranged myself – A word to the wise:

Hasn't it ever occurred to you that you should forgo the practice of wearing a hat?

By going bare-headed you will never suffer the misfortune of a hat toppling induced blush again!

Just a thought! :wink:

Love as always,

Miss Lavish xx

Okay so it is saturday night and what am I doing? Typing at the computer with my two dogs sound asleep next to me. In any case, I'm also attracted to outspoken people, it's nice not having to keep a conversation going, and it helps me open up much more than I would normally. Stick me with a quiet person and there is dead silence. I also think outspoken gregarious people like to have followers, so it is a cymbiotic relationship. :roll:

I hear ya, abacab. I've also self-imposed a date-free, no-fly zone in my life. I work, exercise a little, then to help me relax I'll work some more. Oh, and between projects I'll pop in here. I'm just not in the mood any booty calls...and it seems like today's norm. But, hey, I have the most wonderful company! He's an 145 lb mastiff, who thinks he is a lap dog... On that note, it's time for his treat... :D

I'm thinking that people with a flushing or blushing problem would be able to find a date in a bar or club, since the lights are so low no one can see your skin color, and everyone is kinda drunk and horny. Well at least the clubs I went to.

And if the person asks why your skin is flushed just tell them it was the alcohol or something. Most asians that drink alcohol turn red, so it's a normal reaction that people understand. Just say your part asian, or pick up an asian chick?

Good tip, Rubacund!

Maybe it's another one of "life's breaks" but FB hasn't really been a deterrent for dating, at least for me. I think society views a blushing woman as cute (grrrr...) and I can't tell you how many times a man has approached me because he misunderstood my blush as interest in him. :roll:

I'm sure that FB would be more of problem if I were a man...and I was sort of expected to make that first move in social/dating situations. Geeeeeez, that must take guts! I don't think I would get any dates, if I had to do the asking! :oops:

I'm still in my 20's and find dating fun; it can be a little frustrating with sweaty hands though.

If I was dating a girl that blushed I would think it was cute, and probably relax a little, thinking that the girl was shy.

Hey Vicky, with a dog the size of a man, who needs a boyfriend? Not that your into that or anything(I hope :wink: ). I love big dogs but found it such a bother to lug them around. I got two medium/small dogs this time, a Boston Terrier and a basenji. The BT is extremely affectionate, the basenji is more like a cat.

i'm wondering about this, since i myself live in the middle east :|

I signed up with just my name and location to one of those social anxiety dating websites months ago trough this post. Without any serious intention of dating anyone, just out of curiosity... Then weeks later I get an email saying someone is interested in meeting and lives nearby. A rough month or two later we're chatting on MSN, next thing you know we're on a date. XD

I never took this post serious and here I am dating someone I can relate to and looks pretty good too!

Hi rthemom,

VG no long posts here, but I'd just like to encourage you to take the CBT route seriously. I think it can be harsh, but the principles are sound imo. It involves breaking all of those mental bonds and facing your fears.

I truly believe that the right kinds of therapy can be invaluable to blushers.

BB