Sign in to follow this  
Flushed

How did you make the decision?

I keep going back and forth on ETS. I have rosacea and FB, so I know the flushing probably won’t go away if I do ETS. I read horror stories or just stories of unsuccessful ETS and decide not to do it and to keep exploring options (I have been expiring options for over a year and a half without success). But then something happens like today, when I got a phone call and had to ask for a different appointment time than first suggested and I blushed bright red. Why???? I wasn’t nervous and it was over the phone and not a big deal. Moments like that and I just think I should do ETS because if my trigger is that sensitive then none of the other things will work.

Hi flushed,

The surgery would help with blushing, I had ETS surgery in may, the side effects for me are CS and bit of dry hands. 

In the heat the CS shows through but can avoid that with dark clothes,in time it will ease. I'm in the UK so it will only be temporary untill autumn/winter sets in. 

It was the best decision for me as FB ruined my life. I had tried- Hypnotherapy,CBT, herbal remedies, exposure therapy, counseling,beta blockers and various expensive make up to cover my face. Spoke to my Dr,had to leave my job, suffered with depression and anxiety. 

I still am working on anxiety and my confidence, the ETS surgery takes away the blushing but emotionally have to work on that. 

It's a rollercoaster, I think once you feel you have exhausted all option's then ets is right for you. Bearing in mind I have had this since I was a teenager so it took time and I took a year to actually make an appointment with a consultant. 

Only you know what is best for yourself and how it could change your life.

Like all surgical procedures there are risks involved however you research the consultant and ask all the questions you need too.

Kit.

Thank you so much for the response. It is comforting to hear from someone who has had a positive experience. I did a lot of research and am scheduled for surgery on Monday. I know the risks and am just hoping the benefits outweigh them. I have a job that requires constant interaction/presentations and no medication or other measure has helped over the past year. I’m at my last option.