So my remaining two options Effexor or ETS, I tried the former today at 37.5mg.

Got to work and felt unbelievably unwell, trying to remain composure before a cup of tea sent me over the edge and I was sick in the toilets but made a weird recovery in the afternoon.

I feel this drug is extremely strong, can't justify taking tablets to cure FB although that today seemed somewhat diminished.

The things we do to ourselves to rid this

I take 75mg of Effexor at 8am and 6pm to keep it on board 24/7. It doesn't have any side effects for me though. Although my flushing/blushing is not entirely gone, it has helped a ton. I'm sorry It has been making you feel sick. You could try clonidine or sertraline. Both should help. Everyone is different and I'm not sure how you will react to it. But maybe try and stay on Effexor for awhile and see if those side effects start to die off. 

I experienced similar side effects  when I first started effects but they wore off after a couple  of weeks. My blushing improved dramatically as time went on and 6 years later I'm still taking a 75mg tablet daily and am free from blushing about 95 per cent which is huge compared to what I used to go through. The side effects should wear off after a few weeks 

Thanks Luke and Beasty for coming back to me,

Just curious, having continued but wondering what your thoughts were about the day you decide to come off Effexor... read that it is absolute hell.

Buster, I tried coming off it before and believe me it wasn't pretty. I came off it too quick and it wasn't nice so I went back on it as my blushing came back. I don't mind being on it as long as it keeps the blushing away, it's a decent trade off for me. Please keep this forum update on your progress as your feedback may help others.

Opare, it has helped me massively with social blushing and helped fairly significantly with hot room flushing, alcohol flushing, cold weather flushing etc. 

Hi Beasty,

Effexor just isn't for me, having spoken to my doctor the drug just does not agree with me, after disucssions with my family i have decided to take the plunge and get ETS Surgery, I will keep it all in a forum post once it has been booked.

Many thanks for coming back to me over the past week

22 hours ago, Buster said:

Hi Beasty,

Effexor just isn't for me, having spoken to my doctor the drug just does not agree with me, after disucssions with my family i have decided to take the plunge and get ETS Surgery, I will keep it all in a forum post once it has been booked.

Many thanks for coming back to me over the past week

I was looking through your old posts and saw that you found success with using makeup to cover blushing for a while. Any reason why that changed?

No worries Lukehayden, 

I will get a post thread as soon as it's all arranged, been dwelling on the idea for about 5 years but now it's time to take the chance. 

Hi Code, 

I've tried nearly every method out there and although I find relief for a few weeks they all have their flaws... Make up for me does cover a blush nicely and also helps with reducing visible redness but the consequence of this is it can be visibly seen and I'm a guy... Having makeup on developed new concerns such as it being pointed out which it had done on numerous occasions. But don't get me wrong, wearing make up helps you feel more secure but isn't a cure by any means. 

As you may have read it's now time to give ETS a go and hopefully eradicate the source of much of my unhappiness. I have developed further problems such as avoidance and social phobia in certain circumstances and refuse to let it control my life any longer. Any other questions feel free too message me.