Sign in to follow this  
sitries

Facial blushing returned ten years post ETS!

Hello to everyone. I have not been on this site for around ten years since I had my ETS surgery which was a huge success for me.  I had my T2 and T3 neves cut and it completely changed my life for the  better and I never looked back..... until now.  

Recently, Iv started blushing again in meetings at work - at 1st I wasn’t sure if it was just “phantom blushing” but I’m pretty sure it’s the real deal - face burning up and people looking at me strangely. Now I’m left feeling really stressed and the dark days of anxiety have returned! 

Im going to e mail my surgeon and get his opinion but I do remember reading before that the nerves can rejoin and repair over time so I’m thinking this may of happened in my case. If that is potentially the case then I will look to get the operation redone ASAP. 

Has anyone else had a similar issue to me and got the operation done a 2nd time?? If so I would like to hear your experience.  

If the surgeon cut T2 and T3 nerves then it will be very difficult to rejoin again since they should be dead after some time. I got my T2 clipped for excessive blushing too and it went well until a couple of month later, I found some blushing happen from time to time which I though that the nerve may rejoin again with clipping after some researches but this can rarely happens if you get the cut.

7 years after surgery I can say blushing is somewhat back. Its not straight the cheeks more one sided one side of the face/head that can switch. T2 got cut.

Has there never been anyone that has done the surgery twice?

I had the surgery in April and have had no tingling sensation on my face and no blushing, until this past week where it's happened twice... 😕 Any light shed on this, like people having the surgery done twice etc would help, thanks