Sign in to follow this  
former blusher

The amazing effectiveness of Effexor (medical discussion) for blushing

Can we have a discussion regarding why this actually works?  If anyone has a medical background it would be helpful. 

Do we all have this hormone/neurotransmitter deficiency?

https://universityhealthnews.com/daily/depression/surprising-research-challenges-our-understanding-of-norepinephrine-deficiency/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6291328

Well, I do not blush or have hot flashes (quite important).  

I feel more focused actually (which was not the intent when I started it).  It's easier for me to concentrate and my mind wanders less.

I'm curious to know how an SNRI (vs SSRI) can actually stop the blushing.

So no matter how nervous you get about a situation it should stop the flushing? Or just make you less nervous? 

Im considering trying this drug since ets didn’t work well enough for me.

It does calm my nerves a bit, but I still get nervous thinking I am going to blush and it does not happen.  I would suggest talking to your GP to give it a try.  

I am just curious to know why/how this works so well.  I wonder if blushing is a hormone deficiency that results in blushing when we respond to perceived stress.  I wish I started taking this when I was 11.....grrrr.

Don't drink alcohol whilst taking effexor. You won't function the day after the night before. Due to sky high anxiety symptoms. When I was 11 a drug like this just did not exist. I suffered hideous depression due to lack of serotonin. Been on it for nearly 20 years. It lifted serotonin levels to enable me to lead a relatively normal life.

I have tryed effexor it helped

but i would say paxil works best

but being an antidepressant it effe ta everybody diffrently and can take weeks to work.

i tryed beta blockers  atenolol, propranolol

antidepressants 

paxil paroxetine

zoloft  sertraline

effexor  venlaflaxine

and lexapro

all very similar far from a cure but helps very little but any help at all is at least a help.

the beta blockers are a complete waste time

Effexor pretty much cured my blushing.  95% cured at this stage I'd say and it seems to actually become more effective as time goes on and I've been on it 5 years. Everyone's different, however if you're desperate to rid your blushing like I was, this drug is absolutely worth a try, you can always stop taking it if you don't like it. I'm now able to work as an engineer in a highly stressful environment (an environment I'm trying to get out of) but I would never be able to do this without this tablet as I used to suffer terribly with constant blushing and flushing

I’ve not been in here for a while and that’s because Effexor has solved a lot of problems for me. I started it at the beginning of the year after reading many good reviews of it. 

I actually can’t remember the last time I blushed, maybe a few months ago and even then it was very mild compared t usual. It used to be a daily occurrence. 

I am now working on the mental side of things with CBT and correcting the thought patterns which have formed after years of suffering this. 

I would recommend anyone to try effexor. The only thing I find is that it makes me quite warm generally, other than that it’s been great.