Sign in to follow this  
Mackem

Clothing to hide sweating

Hi I  had ETS surgery 2 weeks ago for facial blushing and so far it seems it is working well. I woke up after surgery with bone dry hands and face (which were never an issue anyway in terms of sweat).

I also felt dry everywhere else and spent the night in hospital to recover. The following day I went home to continue recovery and things seemed fairly well.

6 days after my op I had a really bad CS episode all over my chest, back and legs. I was devastated to say the least. I had a return to work in a fairly physical environment last week and found that by the end of the day the back of my shirt was soaked through, it had been running like a tap most of the day. GUTTED AGAIN! So looks like I'm one of the many who will be left to deal with the horrible CS side effect, so I guess what I need to do next is look to ways of hiding it from coming through my work shirts etc as I don't have a problem with CS at home when I'm doing nothing.

I'm wondering if there is any recommended clothing lines I can order and wear as an undershirt that people can confirm are effective for my issue, (mainly back CS).

Horrifying when people can clearly see my shirt is soaked right through.

I've not yet had my follow up with my surgeon, though he mentioned Anti-perspirants or topical creams etc would be my likely treatment if needed.

Help!

Iv been putting tank top under my normal shirt.
Sporting shirts from adidas are a good way to go, they hide sweat really well.

Even if my back and stomach is soaked it blends in with the rest of the shirt.

I have grey, red and dark navy blue. 
Cost me 40 euros but damn worth it.

I tend to find cotton vests and t-shirts to wear under other clothes from the likes of Burton in the UK are good in terms of being absorbent.  Sports clothes like Under Armour are great for drawing sweat through to the surface, but as an under-garment that might not be want you always want obviously.