Beetroot Head

Just had ETS surgery

Hey guys,

I'm from London, UK and had ETS surgery 4 days ago. So far it's all going brilliantly but of course, only time will tell.  I just wanted to let members on here know that I'm happy to be contacted directly if you're considering it and had any questions about it etc.

BeetrootHead

Hi Mojow,

Thanks for your message :) I hope you’re well. I had surgery at the Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth carried out by Mr Greenstein.

It all went really well and currently the only symptom I can say that I’ve noticed is CS. This happens in normal situations when I would usually sweat (it doesn’t replace the blushing). It’s quite difficult to judge how bad this is given how hot it is in London at the moment. I’m normally quite a sweaty person so it feels strange not to sweat from my hands or my face.

I’m currently at a big family event with lots of interacting and meeting new people etc and haven’t gone red once yet (which I think I normally would have). Only time will tell but for now it’s just the hand dryness and extra sweating that’s different but much more preferable than what I was dealing with before.

Feel free to fire any questions you have at me and I’ll do my best to answer them :)

Okay thats cool, May I ask how honest the surgeon was about the side effects and did he mention any further surgery or medication if the sweating was compensatory sweating extensive?

Did he say how many ETS operation they carry out for blushing ?

Hi,

The surgeon was completely honest and open about all the possible side effects and talked me through the physiological reasons for these. I felt like I was well informed and the information he gave me was in keeping with all the literature that I’ve read. 

So far the CS is ten times more preferable than hiding in a toilet at work from blushing/panic attacks. I feel like I’ve got my life back.

X

I had ETS done a little over a week ago. Not had any problematic side effects. No regrets at all.  I have some compensatory sweating when its very hot, but its much less than I had expected. I have not had a blushing episode since the ETS procedure although a small number of times I'd felt a surge of heat to the face which did not produce a blush, hardly even a flush. Like @Beetroot Head I was well informed and also did tons of research before having it. I had T2 clamped and my palmar hyperhidrosis is gone, my palms haven't sweat a single time since the surgery.