rider443

Insurance Coverage ETS

My insurance just denied ETS for blushing. My blushing is not just my face but neck, chest etc...I have done my research and this is my last resort. Any advice on what I can do to get my insurance to cover the procedure? My insurance is Aetna. 

Find someone who will be willing to submit the claim for hyperhydrosis instead of blushing. Dr. Gorenstein in NY, NY did this for me. I had to wait until after the surgery and the submission but luckily I learned a few months after that it was approved and I did not have to pay the $12,000 out of pocket.

On 5/15/2018 at 5:12 PM, rider443 said:

Thanks you! My consult was with Dr Gorenstein so I am waiting on his office to call me. Hoping they help me with the appeal process. I definitely do not have $12000. 

FYI- Just in case I had it done at the cheaper hospital outside of NY for almost half the price. It went well and I certainly didn't need to possibly spend $25,000 to have it done in the fancy one! Good luck.