Sign in to follow this  
CA1234

Dry hands & face after ETS

Hi everyone I am due to have surgery in the U.K. in the coming weeks and would like to know a little more about fact you cannot sweat above the neck line.

How has this effected people who have had the surgery... Have you noticed your face drying up ? Or perhaps have you stated to get acne because you pores cannot naturally clean themselves?

has your hair started to dry out a little also?

Seems so unnatural that something like this will never happen again after the surgery 

look forwards to people’s experiences of this :) 

CA1234,

I had ETS T2/T3 cut 7+ months ago and have dry hands as a result. Strangely I can still sweat a bit on my forehead when eating certain foods. I use a moisturising shampoo and E45 for my hands and this does the trick for me. My dry hands are a bit of a problem when using smart phones etc. but I am still glad I had the operation as so far my side effects are minor.

phs67.

Hi phs 

thanks for responding :)

glad it has gone gone well for you and your happy with outcome 

My thoughts was I will just have to moisturise on a more regular basis, which I am sure is easy enough

has it made you feel lahargic in any way?

I had ETS about 1 year ago now. had a couple of days with dry hands, but nothing that people notice. I haven't even bothered to use any moisturing for it. Face have never been a problem. I am not sweating in my face anymore, but I don't have problems with dry skin either. no acne problems. no hair problems. 

I do sweat more on my back when it's very hot( only noticeable when I'm on holiday to a hot place, I live in Norway were it's never hot enough for the problem to occur). can sweat a little on my back when in gym, but normally not enough to show through my cloths. 

Haven't been blushing once since the surgery. Even if I try to blush it's just impossible. Very happy with my ETS result ?

Hi,

I have done the ETS five years ago (T2 climp and T4 cut)

One big side effect is the very dry hand and face. I've gone to a dermatologist and I had my face and hand hydration tested.

And the test results were really bad. Normal hydration woulb be in a level of 45 for the face and I've got 18. For hands it's a little better, level 21.

So my skin above the nipples are really dehidrated.

I'm trying everything to make me swear in the face and hands, to improve this condition. I put hot water towels above my face, eat spicy food, drink a lot of coffee..

I'm making improvements, but it's god damn slow. All I can get by this time is slight humid face and hand.

Have anyone get any improvement on this condition? Doing what?

Hi I have now had the surgery in May last year and I am really happy with the result overall the cs is completely unnoticeable in winter and mainly on my back when it’s very warm. But it’s not a big deal. It’s amazing what it has done for me as a person. I look back to life before this and it seems surreal. I genuinely feel like I am 2 different people it’s hard to explain. I now find it hard to understand why I reacted by blushing. Now i am more composed and barely think of blushing which has given me the focus to engage with people so much more. If anyone has any questions please get in touch,

I have noticed my hands to be much drier, but using moisturiser is helping with this

for my face I also moisturise regularly to combat this. It does concern me long term that my skin will age much quicker then my body but hopefully I can manage this 

i am tempted to have also a hydration test. I never knew this was possible. 

Are there any tips or moisturisers you would recommend to use ?

Thanks 

Hi, to test the hydration of my skin I'm using a device similar to this:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/brand-new-facial-moisture-analyzer-with-lcd/431504822.html#s1-15-1;onsh|3584222841

Note: I don't intend to sell it or advertise it, this is the tool I'm using to measure the percent of water in my face and hands.

As a test, I'm wearing gloves every night during sleep, and this seams to be improving the hydration of my hands. When I woke up they are much more hydrated, but if I spend a lot of time in a place with air conditioning, they get really dehydrated again.