Hello fellow blushers,

I am a 20 yo woman with palmar hyperhidrosis and facial blushing ever since elementary school. I live in constant fear of seeing someone when I'm out and about and worry that my face will turn beat red. I can't even feel comfortable during family dinners because when I get asked questions and speak my face feels like it has a heartbeat of its own and all I want to do is hide in a freezer or somewhere dark. The worst part is that my family points it out and laughs about it when they see that I'm turning red. They make jokes out of it even when they see me trying to hide my face by looking away or drinking from the large cup in front of me. I've expressed to them many times that this is not just a small vanity issue, this is a real medical issue and it has driven me to lead a socially isolated life. I go the extra length to ensure that I don't bump into anyone I may know. I can not imagine myself living my best life, as a professional one day, turning bright red 24/7 over just speaking. It's not even that I'm embarrassed I naturally go red because I think about it and then I can feel the person I am talking to staring and saying "why is your face going so red??" and this is when the embarrassment kicks in and the blushing starts to get worse. Once, someone even asked me if I'm and okay and if I need medical attention. 

I have finally decided to bite the bullet and have scheduled my surgery for the summer time. I have done a lot of research about the side effects and have also found a great surgeon that has done thousands of ETS. My parents are against me getting the surgery but as I'm sure you all can relate - people that look at it as a trivial thing really don't understand what it is like living with this. They haven't been in my shoes and nobody has the right to belittle or joke around about an issue that is taking over my life.

I am really hoping for the best. If there are any tips someone that has done the surgery can give me, that would be greatly appreciated. Send some positive vibes my way :') I will be sure to keep you all updated on how the procedure goes.

Best,
RoseiFace

Hi RoseiFace, 

I can relate to every word you write. I'm 23 and had the ETS done 40 days ago. It was the best thing I have ever done. I am so happy and at ease with myself now. I hope that you will have similar results. Just be positive and dont freak out If you have some weird sweating or shivering experiences just after. Your body is adapting to the changes within. In the beginning I would wake up in the night all sweaty that dosn't happen anymore. I sweat some but its no problem compared to blushing. 

Good luck to you ! 

Hi roseiface,

I had ETS surgery less than 2 weeks ago. You'll be fine. I've had very little sweating so far. Only side effect I've had is my achy arms but i'm hoping that will get better in time. I'm hoping to start exercising this week.

The pain after the surgery isn't that bad. they give you lots of pain meds! and you'll have the stitches out in a week's time. again, that was pain free. I've had a couple of phantom blushing moments so now I've bought a little pocket sized mirror. I want to see the results of the surgery! I haven't had any major triggers yet but as soon as I get 1, I will be using that mirror to find out if it's really worked. I felt even more anxious after the surgery (which i think is normal) as you are desperate to find out if it's worked but at the same time you are scared in case it hasn't. BUT i'm pretty sure it has. It will all be worth it then. 

9 hours ago, Dom said:

Hi roseiface,

I had ETS surgery less than 2 weeks ago. You'll be fine. I've had very little sweating so far. Only side effect I've had is my achy arms but i'm hoping that will get better in time. I'm hoping to start exercising this week.

The pain after the surgery isn't that bad. they give you lots of pain meds! and you'll have the stitches out in a week's time. again, that was pain free. I've had a couple of phantom blushing moments so now I've bought a little pocket sized mirror. I want to see the results of the surgery! I haven't had any major triggers yet but as soon as I get 1, I will be using that mirror to find out if it's really worked. I felt even more anxious after the surgery (which i think is normal) as you are desperate to find out if it's worked but at the same time you are scared in case it hasn't. BUT i'm pretty sure it has. It will all be worth it then. 

Thank you for your reply Dom and I'm super happy the surgery worked out well!! I hope for the best for you and that you will be blush free like you've always wanted. I read your previous reply on someones topic page and you mentioned you regretted waiting all those years to do something to address the issue. Just wanted to say that I applaud you for taking the chance to try to make things better; I know it takes a lot of guts. I've already bought my little pocket mirror to check, I'll be going out of my way to be extra nice to the cashiers after the surgery to see the true results.. Keep my updated on how the results are for you :)

On 4/7/2018 at 10:36 AM, Nina said:

Hi RoseiFace, 

I can relate to every word you write. I'm 23 and had the ETS done 40 days ago. It was the best thing I have ever done. I am so happy and at ease with myself now. I hope that you will have similar results. Just be positive and dont freak out If you have some weird sweating or shivering experiences just after. Your body is adapting to the changes within. In the beginning I would wake up in the night all sweaty that dosn't happen anymore. I sweat some but its no problem compared to blushing. 

Good luck to you ! 

Hi there Nina,

Thank you for your reply! Its really wonderful to be able to be part of an online community where we can all relate to each other. Its very therapeutic in a way. I'm so glad to hear that you are happy with the surgery results. May I ask what T-levels you had cut or clamped? Did you have sweating along with the FB? I have followed you and I'm excited to see the long term results for you. Hoping for the very best! 

The side effects I've had so far is my feet getting a bit sweaty at times but I've also have had pretty bad muscle aches down my arms. it's something that has worried me but  i read somewhere else though that this does ease off after a month or so. I can't really exercise at the moment which is a bummer but i'm going to to patient. 

I think you should prepare yourself for the emotions afterwards but it's normal. You have doubt, happiness, doubt again, anxiety but i think it should settle once you find out you no longer blush! I'm going to expose myself to those usually awkward/embarrassing situations. i can't wait to bump into someone unexpected in the supermarket! then I will know if it's worked. 

One thing I did was when I was feeling down after the op, I went onto the ets reversal forums but my advice is don't!! It will mess with your head. There are always going to be negative and positive outcomes but to only read the negative when you've just gone through the op, is a bad idea. this is the time when you need to be around positive people and read the success stories.

Keep us updated with your journey and I will let you know how mine is going- it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had the op!

12 hours ago, Dom said:

The side effects I've had so far is my feet getting a bit sweaty at times but I've also have had pretty bad muscle aches down my arms. it's something that has worried me but  i read somewhere else though that this does ease off after a month or so. I can't really exercise at the moment which is a bummer but i'm going to to patient. 

I think you should prepare yourself for the emotions afterwards but it's normal. You have doubt, happiness, doubt again, anxiety but i think it should settle once you find out you no longer blush! I'm going to expose myself to those usually awkward/embarrassing situations. i can't wait to bump into someone unexpected in the supermarket! then I will know if it's worked. 

One thing I did was when I was feeling down after the op, I went onto the ets reversal forums but my advice is don't!! It will mess with your head. There are always going to be negative and positive outcomes but to only read the negative when you've just gone through the op, is a bad idea. this is the time when you need to be around positive people and read the success stories.

Keep us updated with your journey and I will let you know how mine is going- it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had the op!

Interesting. So would you say after the surgery I should take approx 1 month off for work? 

I had it just before easter so had 6 days off work which was enough time. You'll feel sore and fatigued a few days after but no, i would say only a week max. I definitely believe exercising is an issue post op as your body needs time to heal. I would rest for a good few weeks. I've just emailed my surgeon today about my arms aching. Hoping it will subside as it's pretty bad at the mo.