hello everyone, I am a blusher :) and I am doing an artistic video which is also about blushing, it is about fragility and loss of control. I am doing some researches and trying to find some people who are willing to be recorded while blushing. I would love to have some visual material and to chat more about it with other persons, if anyone is interested I would be really happy to meet or skype and I ll explain more about it! let me know! and thanks! M

20 hours ago, charlie said:

This sounds like a good idea, excessive blushing is not recognised enough. Good luck with your project!

thanks charlie! yes I hope I ll find some people who wants to be in the video!! xx

19 hours ago, Big Red said:

Could you please provide more information about this video?

Hi big red it will be a short artistic video part of an installation I will need to have some shots about some characters blushing - as a display/signal of protection.if you want I can tell you more in a private email or we can meet! Thanks m.

maybe its a good way to get wider exposure to the issue.  is it possible to say where the video will be presented?

also it is not possible to blush on demand... when someone wants to - its impossible!!

Seen it ages ago does she even go red? Is she taking the piss? And actir pretending maybe? Seems to have done her homework on how it feels and how it effects you just doesnt look like she suffers

Ok so I went and did this; and here is what happened:

I met Michelle and she explained she is doing a piece of art work on blushing to be presented in January. The focus is on blushing and with an idea for ideally capturing the event as a piece of art work. 

We met a couple of times and talked about the subject; I learned about the work of Ray Crozier who has a great website and a really detailed book I am going to read.

We agreed I would volunteer to be photographed.  This involved going to an art studio in front of a camera and a heat sensitive camera.  There was another guy in the studio; but he left before the filming (probably too embarrassed - as there is nothing more embarrassing than embarrassment!).

Michelle asked some slightly embarrassing questions while I sat answering in the glare of really bright lights and cameras hoping to go red.  But i did not blush.  I think there are two reasons for this:

1. It was just too friendly and not hostile enough.  The blush arises due to the fear of negative consequences- but in this situation this was not in my mind
  2. One known approach for not blushing is trying to blush - maybe this was impacting here.

I recommend other people to try on this. I know the thought of doing it - appearing on camera at the absolute weakest moment is about as bad as death; but this is exactly what is needed if the topic is to be taken seriously.

We live in a world where it is acceptable to abuse blushers - and for many people there is no cure for it.  Only by raising the profile of the issue can it be resolved in the long term.  This needs a front line of people prepared to face their worst ultimate fear and expose it; so I recommend doing this and would be willing to help anyone thinking of it