sitting there at work today a mate said

"bloody hell look how red you are"

I said am I

"yeah look your getting even redder as red as your top"

no im not!!!

"yes you are even redder now"

I walked off

I hate it

I had been in the cold to the heat was feeling flustered then the blush came a bloody nightmare

ive just been up the docs changed beta blocker to nadolol and im on clonidine we spoke about ETS he thinks its far to drastic

now ive just had enough of this

:-(

On 3/18/2018 at 10:45 PM, Earlier blusher said:

If you don't risk you won't win ?

90% of ETS is success today. Find a good surgent. At least my life is a million times better after ETS. no blushing and no side effect. maybe I'm lucky

are you in the uk?

I have to apply for funding

28 minutes ago, Justme said:

Your chance of getting funding are very very slim

Apparently nhs Kent has money put aside for people to apply for funding for operations not usually carried out under nhs. 

How do you know chances are slim? 

I’m in the USA. Had ETS twice by Dr. Nielson in San Antonio, TX. Many people it worked for, but very unfortunately, not me. Insurance paid the first time, I paid the second. $10,000 US dollars. 

It seems like a form of bullying when certain people point it (the deep blushing) out a lot. I remember years ago replying to someone older with an even more cutting response about them. They were bigger than me then and more senior in the job, made my life hell until I left (I knew my days were numbered anyway). Wasn't too bothered though, at the time, as I'd hurt them more than they'd hurt me. In my experience, people do notice blushing, well mannered people tend not to mention it. The more ignorant and insensitive do. It's the way things are, unfortunately. Years ago ETS was'nt available, if it had of been I would have deffo gone for it, even if I'd had to take a loan out.

2 hours ago, Old Timer said:

It seems like a form of bullying when certain people point it (the deep blushing) out a lot. I remember years ago replying to someone older with an even more cutting response about them. They were bigger than me then and more senior in the job, made my life hell until I left (I knew my days were numbered anyway). Wasn't too bothered though, at the time, as I'd hurt them more than they'd hurt me. In my experience, people do notice blushing, well mannered people tend not to mention it. The more ignorant and insensitive do. It's the way things are, unfortunately. Years ago ETS was'nt available, if it had of been I would have deffo gone for it, even if I'd had to take a loan out.

Yes I just think they are ignorant although it does get to me. I would never point it out to make someone uncomfortable 

you had ETS? 

I have had good friends say to me “ your face is red” and they are still good friends. Sometimes I actually believe they don’t think much of it and we think more of it than them. I admit, I HATE it and it even hurts. Does yours hurt? I’m asking anybody who reads this. Anybody try Mirvaso? Not sure of the spelling. I tried it but not long enough. I’m about to give it a good try this time. I had ETS done twice. Unfortunately, it did not work. I hate  to mention that because I don’t want people to lose hope. In my research, it has worked for many people. I’m about to try Lysine, Vitamin C and Zinc as somebody else suggested on this site and had excellent results. Update in maybe a couple of weeks or so.... also, what is CBT? 

Old Timer, sorry about your experience.

I also wanted to mention the book When Blushung Hurts. It has medication and procedural recommendations for flushing as well as other things. I am in the United States, I’m not sure if this book would be in the UK. I got my book at Barnes and Noble and can be ordered online.  See file.

5F2B9896-8D10-4411-87C2-7121A8AE3A07.jpeg

As hard as it sounds you've got to own it,

I've been a flusher for about 17 years and I've worked in retail for the past 8 years for different companies. I just randomly flush for no reason, although it's almost always around the same time of day my lunch break or early evening but I also flush when I do things for prolonged periods more than a few minutes such as laughing, being angry, conversations, there's usually I good chance I'll be flushed for an hour two afterwards

A couple of my work colleagues have brought it up, one asked me if I had any allergies and another occasion one just said "you're red in the face" and my attitude now is just "yeah and..." my work colleagues know it's just a thing now. It still happens at work I'd say every two or three days but I just get on with it.

There's a saying I heard recently that has really struck a chord with me "you can live in pain, or through pain"

Does yours physically hurt? Mine physically hursts and swells with flushing, very difficult. I do agree with you though. To a point, we need to LIVE with it. I think if more  people exercised through more calming methods such as yoga or meditation, it could help. Dahn Yoga has helped me some. I’m guilty of not eating real healthy, but I believe there is responsibility in that as well. 

Mind over matter, difficult, but we have got to try.

Thanks for your post. I’ve been a flusher for 20 or so years. The worse it got, the more I wanted to give up on life, literally. Back to fighting...

Edited by NurseT
Correction in type of yoga

When I have a bad flush my cheeks feel tight and if someones holding a flame near my face, if it's a partial flush (literally parts of my cheeks will be flushed other not) it feels tingly.

When it's a full on flush I just have to ride it out for the next couple of hours but most of the time it happens in the evening when I'm at home. I'd be able to deal with it a lot better if it had no physical sensation as it's the physical feeling that causes the psychological anguish, at least for me.

With partial flushes I know that if I can stay chill and not worry about it then it'll calm down....hopefully...

When my flushing first started I was 17 and it caused me to quit college, quit a job, stop seeing friends, live in isolation and solitude so I can completely understand how it can happen to people but I do think it is something you have to get through. There is a life with flushing/blushing but like any kind of life you have to make it for yourself.

yes its is really bad.  basically abuse based on the colour of skin.  totally unacceptable; and people should not be persecuted or abused because of skin colour

I am in my sixties,suffered with blushing all my life,blushing ruined my life,..i remember people saying that to me,all it does is reinforce how you already feel about it,..i just wasn't strong enough to overcome the feeling of being inadequate, ..that's how i felt anyway, ..but i wasn't inadequate, ..when you are young, i took everything to heart,the more people took the pi.. out of me,the more it affected me,even my family made me feel inferior, ...oh i see me back then,that poor girl,...it was hell!....no help in those day's, just valium prescribed for my anxiety, ....but hey,here i am,i survived and living my life to the full now,..i blush sometimes, but i dont care,there is nothing and was nothing wrong with me,..when people see it doesn't bother me,they back off,....but i believe, if someone picks you up on blushing, and they know if it affects you,..they are showing their own problems, ...that is my opinion. 

All my life,i had to avoid certain situations, because of blushing, same with jobs,i worked nights,to rid myself of being around to many people, because there is always "one"!! who has to point it out,and make you feel stupid in front of everyone! .

Edited by Paula
mistake