charlie

does anyone want to chat? I would love someone to be able to relate to

I have tried taking beta blockers and hypnotherapy but I have had no luck so far, I am really considering the operation now although that does scare me. What have you tried and have you had any luck?

4 minutes ago, charlie said:

I have tried taking beta blockers and hypnotherapy but I have had no luck so far, I am really considering the operation now although that does scare me. What have you tried and have you had any luck?

IPL, propanolol, clonidine, antidepressents, hypnotherepy, makeup, scans, tests, natural rememdies, reprogramming the mind all sorts. I been put off ETS to many horror stories where are you from?

3 minutes ago, redattack said:

IPL, propanolol, clonidine, antidepressents, hypnotherepy, makeup, scans, tests, natural rememdies, reprogramming the mind all sorts. I been put off ETS to many horror stories where are you from?

have any of your methods helped even in the slightest? I am from the UK hby? 

1 minute ago, redattack said:

I think propranolol and clonidine help

oh I had Mirvaso to but got the rebound red from that

Yeah I tried propranolol too but didn't see too much of a change, also I don't feel like it is a good long-term solution. What do you mean by rebound red?

Just now, charlie said:

Yeah I tried propranolol too but didn't see too much of a change, also I don't feel like it is a good long-term solution. What do you mean by rebound red?

well the cream worked to reduce blood vessels thought it was great but then when stopped the red came back tenfold

5 minutes ago, redattack said:

im a postman so try get outside as quick as i can lol its a horrible condition

yeah it really is, a lot of the decisions I make are based around blushing and avoiding uncomfortable situations. How has it affected your social life?

Just now, charlie said:

yeah it really is, a lot of the decisions I make are based around blushing and avoiding uncomfortable situations. How has it affected your social life?

horrible i used to be confident play football very sociable now avoid as many situations as possible

Yeah its so life controlling, did you find that blushing was much less outside than inside. Mine used to be like this now it happens with everyone. How is your blush, does it feel uncomfortable? Burn? Do you have any other social anxiety related symptoms like feeling really anxious going out and walking down the street. Sorry for the bombardment of questions lol. Feel free to shoot some my way too. Ive suffered from social anxiety more focused on blushing and panic attacks all starting with blushing for about 2 years now (now 18) its forced me to give up alot of things. Hopefully things wont always be like this :)

I think we probably all have some degree of social anxiety due to the fear of blushing. I know I do! Its almost like in every situation I have thought of every possible scenario and have a solution to it so that I can't be caught off guard, exhausting!

What I do find interesting is that we all seemed to develop this around the same age. Would be interesting to find out what is changing in the body at around that time, that may give us a clue to the cause of this condition. 

11 minutes ago, BlushingHurts said:

Yeah its so life controlling, did you find that blushing was much less outside than inside. Mine used to be like this now it happens with everyone. How is your blush, does it feel uncomfortable? Burn? Do you have any other social anxiety related symptoms like feeling really anxious going out and walking down the street. Sorry for the bombardment of questions lol. Feel free to shoot some my way too. Ive suffered from social anxiety more focused on blushing and panic attacks all starting with blushing for about 2 years now (now 18) its forced me to give up alot of things. Hopefully things wont always be like this :)

hii, I have suffered around 2 years too, and I also have social anxiety which has basically dictated my life. My blushing is not unusually uncomfortable however I have come to hate the sensation as it is linked to many bad experiences haha. Don't apologise for the questions, after all isn't that what this site's about:) What methods have you tried to combat blushing and where are you from?

2 minutes ago, Beetroot said:

!I think we probably all have some degree of social anxiety due to the fear of blushing. I know I do! Its almost like in every situation I have thought of every possible scenario and have a solution to it so that I can't be caught off guard, exhausting!

What I do find interesting is that we all seemed to develop this around the same age. Would be interesting to find out what is changing in the body at around that time, that may give us a clue to the cause of this condition. 

Me too! I always make sure I am able to cover my face or get out of a situation where I will blush. Yeah thats true, maybe its hormonal?

6 minutes ago, charlie said:

hii, I have suffered around 2 years too, and I also have social anxiety which has basically dictated my life. My blushing is not unusually uncomfortable however I have come to hate the sensation as it is linked to many bad experiences haha. Don't apologise for the questions, after all isn't that what this site's about:) What methods have you tried to combat blushing and where are you from?

Yeah when it happens in mild cases the sensation is the main annoying thing. Sort of like the past severe cases make me feel its going to be as bad. Im currently going through with cbt to no avail. Basically being told everything i already know. And many other diet changes. What have you tried? Also im from london :)

1 minute ago, BlushingHurts said:

Yeah when it happens in mild cases the sensation is the main annoying thing. Sort of like the past severe cases make me feel its going to be as bad. Im currently going through with cbt to no avail. Basically being told everything i already know. And many other diet changes. What have you tried? Also im from london :)

im from kent btw

1 minute ago, BlushingHurts said:

I have tried taking beta blockers and hypnotherapy but nothing has helped. Hows your social life? Do you have a job?