Sign in to follow this  
Father of a Blusher

Where are ETS surgeons close to Utah, USA?

I'm trying to do my homework as I am the father of a 22-year-old young lady that wants ETS surgery for chronic blushing.  We live in Utah.  Can anyone recommend surgeons that do ETS surgery for blushing near me?  I know of one in Texas (he's all over the web) but for some reason, I'm skeptical of him.  His information gives me the impression that he runs an ETS mill.  

Thanks for any help.  I really want to help my daughter with this problem as it is a major negative in her life.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Dave

Almost any thoracic surgeon can perform a sympathectomy.  You can go see any local thoracic surgeon and discuss it with them and see what they say.

My personal opinion is that the surgeon you’re talking about in Texas (Dr. Nielsen) is as good as you’re going to get.  I am in no way affiliated with him but I know that no other surgeon has taken the time to upload videos and educate their patients as much as he has on his website.  In addition, his microscopic technique is one of a kind and is as minimally invasive as possible.  I’m sure your daughter will appreciate not having bigger and uglier scars that she otherwise will get from having it done by your average thoracic surgeon.  

Also, I wouldn’t necessarily say that it being an “ETS mill” is a bad thing.  I’m not even sure that that’s the case, but if it is then the more sympathectomies a surgeon does the more experience they have.  I would think an experienced ETS surgeon has a finer approach to how they do things and that might benefit your daughter in more ways than one.