Hello everyone, to begin I would like to say that I am an eighteen-year-old girl from France, and have been suffering from excessive, uncontrollable blushing since I was fourteen. This may seem alarming since I am typing in English but I was taught the language at a very young age.

After a year of being on this website, I have concluded that this is the last remaining right option for me. I have tried cognitive behavior therapy, and I have tried medications such as propranolol, clonidine, SSRI's and Benzos. They may have given relief for a few hours each time, but I don't think this is the answer to my problem. The blushing makes me very unsociable, anxious, sometimes depressed and worried, and this is one of the reasons why I am deciding to bite the bullet. It is very debilitating to have seen the friends I lost around 15 years old because of the stress and anxiety I had, I just didn't like being around people anymore, and I did not like this since beforehand I was the most sociable of the bunch! I am acutely aware of the side effects of this surgery. Compensatory sweating, heart rate decrease, and potential Horner's syndrome but honestly I would happily switch constant heat in my face for stomach, back, feet and leg sweat. Please take into consideration that during the summer my hands and feet sweat on a 7-8 level, my face to a level 9 and my trunk to a level 0. (1 best 10 worst) 

After seeing two surgeons (one who refused to do the surgery because of the risks of Horner's syndrome and the other who said he would do it but the cost was very high- 12,000, this is because he was not in France ). I am seeing a surgeon on the 7th of September 2017 which is two days away now. The surgeon is in France which means the surgery should be covered or partially covered by my insurance. 

I would like to finish off by saying that if anyone who has had the surgery could contact me for support and advice, that would be great and that once my surgery is over I will be happy to answer any questions!

Please take into account that this thread will be updated often after my surgery.

Thank you for any support and feel free to leave responses :)

49 minutes ago, brunette22 said:

Hello everyone, to begin I would like to say that I am an eighteen-year-old girl from France, and have been suffering from excessive, uncontrollable blushing since I was fourteen. This may seem alarming since I am typing in English but I was taught the language at a very young age.

After a year of being on this website, I have concluded that this is the last remaining right option for me. I have tried cognitive behavior therapy, and I have tried medications such as propranolol, clonidine, SSRI's and Benzos. They may have given relief for a few hours each time, but I don't think this is the answer to my problem. The blushing makes me very unsociable, anxious, sometimes depressed and worried, and this is one of the reasons why I am deciding to bite the bullet. It is very debilitating to have seen the friends I lost around 15 years old because of the stress and anxiety I had, I just didn't like being around people anymore, and I did not like this since beforehand I was the most sociable of the bunch! I am acutely aware of the side effects of this surgery. Compensatory sweating, heart rate decrease, and potential Horner's syndrome but honestly I would happily switch constant heat in my face for stomach, back, feet and leg sweat. Please take into consideration that during the summer my hands and feet sweat on a 7-8 level, my face to a level 9 and my trunk to a level 0. (1 best 10 worst) 

After seeing two surgeons (one who refused to do the surgery because of the risks of Horner's syndrome and the other who said he would do it but the cost was very high- 12,000, this is because he was not in France ). I am seeing a surgeon on the 7th of September 2017 which is two days away now. The surgeon is in France which means the surgery should be covered or partially covered by my insurance. 

I would like to finish off by saying that if anyone who has had the surgery could contact me for support and advice, that would be great and that once my surgery is over I will be happy to answer any questions!

Please take into account that this thread will be updated often after my surgery.

Thank you for any support and feel free to leave responses :)

Good luck I'm considering ETS yes would love to hear about your progress. I hope it changes your life for the better x

So I had the meeting. Unfortunately, the surgeon I saw doesn't offer the ''clamp'' method which is what I originally had in mind. Since this is the third surgeon I see, I am a little disappointed. However, I can get the surgery next month if I decide to bite the bullet and get the nerve sectioned. 

On 9/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, brunette22 said:

I just wanted to update the feed and say that I have a comfirmation call coming Monday 25th September to find out whether a surgeon I have found in my country can clamp, chances are around 70% yes 30% no. 

We shall see.

Why is clamping better than cutting? Keep us updated :)

Clamping isn't necessarily a better option than cutting and actually my surgeon recommends to cut since clamping effects wear off. That being said clamps can actually be them removed and what this means is that if the sweating is excessive, I know there is a chance for reversal. Since I am only 18, I don't want to risk the cut. Good news,  the surgeon can clamp me. 

7 hours ago, brunette22 said:

Clamping isn't necessarily a better option than cutting and actually my surgeon recommends to cut since clamping effects wear off. That being said clamps can actually be them removed and what this means is that if the sweating is excessive, I know there is a chance for reversal. Since I am only 18, I don't want to risk the cut. Good news,  the surgeon can clamp me. 

Interesting! thanks for the info. It makes perfect sense. Maybe one day I will consider the surgery, but for now, I don't have the money and also could not deal with sweating MORE than now lol. I think I need to take care of my social anxiety first. It's unfortunate medication has not worked for you. Maybe trying a different med could give you better results? Good luck with everything :) 

Thank you blushing man. Quite frankly I look forward to it!!

stella I debated trying Xanax but honestly at this point I don't want to be on medication my whole life I would rather just get this surgery.

I had a question for anyone out there who has had the surgery: how are the incisions ?  (Since if I was satisfied with the results I would most likely get a section next time )

On 9/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, brunette22 said:

Thank you blushing man. Quite frankly I look forward to it!!

stella I debated trying Xanax but honestly at this point I don't want to be on medication my whole life I would rather just get this surgery.

I had a question for anyone out there who has had the surgery: how are the incisions ?  (Since if I was satisfied with the results I would most likely get a section next time )

Just in case you hadn't seen this post, it has pictures : 

Just a quick update. I had my consultation, and the surgeon basically made me realise that clipping is a waste of time. The surgeon also conforted me in saying that the surgery doesn't cause any weight changes. I should be able to get surgery this month. 

On 10/9/2017 at 3:31 PM, brunette22 said:

Just a quick update. I had my consultation, and the surgeon basically made me realise that clipping is a waste of time. The surgeon also conforted me in saying that the surgery doesn't cause any weight changes. I should be able to get surgery this month. 

GOOD LUCK, JUST KEEP YOURSELF POSITIVE AND EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY

On 10/9/2017 at 3:31 PM, brunette22 said:

Exactly true. I had ETS 16 months ago and lost 30 pounds after having it done. I also started running again in that time. Both were intentional and I have worked hard to accomplish these goals but they weren't any harder than they would have been before having had ETS. Good luck!