Sign in to follow this  
james30

CURED from facial blushing!

Hi!

This is still working: http://esfbchannel.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4063-tablet-cures-blushing/

I have gave a speach at a wedding, sat around a table holding conversation and more!

This seems to wierdly work! - just go to your docs and say you're hearing voices and you've done some research,

can you go on Olanzapine lol. Well, worth a shot incase you can think of another way to obtain Olanzapine.

I hope someone can try it and let us all know!

Thanks, James.

OK 1 more thing: If you are really through with FB, and even considering drastic ETS surgery - what's the worst that can happen

from bending the truth a bit to get Olanzapine, and what's the worst that can happen from taking an anti-psychotic? it won't make you ill in any way!

Come on guys, it's worth exploring if it works!

All the best,

James.

Hey James. I am new here, that is interesting but I am so happy it worked for you. How long have you been on the medication? I live in the USA and just started on this site.. I also started Lexapro, have you tried any SSRIs and they haven't worked? I start my new job and I am not ready to keep blushing, 

Hi lilcasy,

I have now been on the meds for about 4 years, with minimum blushing.

Havent tried any SSRIs, I tried beta blockers back in the day, and they didnt do anything.

Its good to be blush free - you find we blushers can actually be quite confident if you remove the blushing!

I tried contacting some professors of medicine at Universities to do some research on Olanzapine, but they

kinda said that they dont have the funding.

It's funny because i'm still a blusher, just no one knows because of the positive side effects of the meds i'm on lol!

I do wonder if blushing is related to mental health though - I mean it's a mental thing, mabybe the meds i'm on

just dampen down the effects of the blushing. REALLY hope this helps someone else!

Cya, James.

On ‎10‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 11:22 PM, james30 said:

Hi lilcasy,

I have now been on the meds for about 4 years, with minimum blushing.

Havent tried any SSRIs, I tried beta blockers back in the day, and they didnt do anything.

Its good to be blush free - you find we blushers can actually be quite confident if you remove the blushing!

I tried contacting some professors of medicine at Universities to do some research on Olanzapine, but they

kinda said that they dont have the funding.

It's funny because i'm still a blusher, just no one knows because of the positive side effects of the meds i'm on lol!

I do wonder if blushing is related to mental health though - I mean it's a mental thing, mabybe the meds i'm on

just dampen down the effects of the blushing. REALLY hope this helps someone else!

Cya, James.

What does minimul blushing mean? In situations where u`ll normally would have blush, now what happens? Do you blush less? You don`t blush at all, you blush but it goes quickly? And do you still have the fear of blushing?

Well, in the last three years, not one bush! (maybe longer!)

In situations where I would normally blush, I feel calmer and I think there's a slight sedative effect to the meds i'm on - I feel chilled out, and I am getting more

and more confident that I won't blush! It really does work! - so I dont have the same fear of blushing.

To be fair, I used to drink alcohol to avoid blushing, perhaps that's the same with some of you? - after a few drinks the blushing went down, now

it's almost like being drunk 24/7 but without alcohol!

If there are people out there that don't want to try anti-psychotic medication, perhaps a sedative medication would be helpful?

I'm open to any questions!

Thanks! James.

Very interesting James.  I'm glad you found something that works and have decided to share it with the rest of us.  I will look into Olanzapine next chance I get.  

Perhaps lying to the doctor to get a prescription isn't the best strategy though.  I say that because I work in healthcare and I know that medications get prescribed sometimes for people because one of the side effects of the med is helpful to them.  I think if we were upfront with the doctor and just told them about the blushing and that you have read that this medication will help, then the doctor would be able to work with you on that.  It is also important to note that the FDA keeps track of what medications are prescribed, to who, and for what reason.  If you tell the doctor you are hearing voices he would have to give you a diagnosis of something along the lines of schizophrenia in order to justify writing the prescription.  So now your medical record states you may have a psychotic disorder and that may interfere with your life in unpredictable ways, for example by barring you from employment at certain places.  I think it's best to just be upfront.  Doctors are open people and generally have great judgement.  

abyal3: Not many side effects - a bit of weight gain is quite common, I think the meds make you a bit hungrier than normal, but you can overcome this by watching what you eat, and perhaps snaking on things like fruit instead of foods that would cause weight gain.

scarface: Yeah - I think you're right! I would like someone to actually try this though because it seems to work. Maybe there are doctors out there that might be willing to prescribe this, I certainly hope they do!

Any questions, you know where I am!

Thanks, James.

On 26.09.2017 at 8:40 PM, james30 said:

abyal3: Not many side effects - a bit of weight gain is quite common, I think the meds make you a bit hungrier than normal, but you can overcome this by watching what you eat, and perhaps snaking on things like fruit instead of foods that would cause weight gain.

scarface: Yeah - I think you're right! I would like someone to actually try this though because it seems to work. Maybe there are doctors out there that might be willing to prescribe this, I certainly hope they do!

Any questions, you know where I am!

Thanks, James.

Did the effect of the meds start after taking the 1st pill, or after a while?

Hey James. I read your post, and I am happy that you found a medicine that helped you. I lived with blussing since the age of 13-14, and right now Im taking clonidine and atenolol. Besides from that I had ets operation done as well. Im interested to know how many mg you are taking and when you are taking them during the day, also how badly the side affects are - weight gain - the feeling of being hungry all the time?

Take care 

I was on a medium dose of Olanzapine, cant quite remember the actual dose. I'm now on Clozapine, with a dose of 500mg per day - and I get the same

results as Olanzapine. Talk to your doc about getting the correct dose. I take some morning, some night.

I ge thte munchies late at night lol - end up eating chocolate, but if you were determined enough, this can be managed. Side effects are minimal really!

Let me know how things go!

Cya, James.

On 11/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, james30 said:

I was on a medium dose of Olanzapine, cant quite remember the actual dose. I'm now on Clozapine, with a dose of 500mg per day - and I get the same

results as Olanzapine. Talk to your doc about getting the correct dose. I take some morning, some night.

I ge thte munchies late at night lol - end up eating chocolate, but if you were determined enough, this can be managed. Side effects are minimal really!

Let me know how things go!

Cya, James.

Hey, could you give an update on this? Would appreciate that a lot

I have gone about 3 years now without a single blush!

Yes, Olanzapine is used to treat those disorders, I'm wondering if perhaps blushing is in fact a mental illness in itself. I mean if anxiety is a mental illness, blushing is something that affects you mentally.

Either way, antispychotic medication seems to work!

I was on about 10mg of Olanzapine.

Still blush free!

Thanks, James.

On 11/10/2018 at 9:18 AM, misterthomas said:

Hey James. I read your post, and I am happy that you found a medicine that helped you. I lived with blussing since the age of 13-14, and right now Im taking clonidine and atenolol. Besides from that I had ets operation done as well. Im interested to know how many mg you are taking and when you are taking them during the day, also how badly the side affects are - weight gain - the feeling of being hungry all the time?

Take care 

Hey, could you give an update on this? Would appreciate that a lot

I had ETS done too

Hi!

Still blush free! I was in a restaurant the other day, and I was included in the coversation without the usual blush!

I was taking 10mg of Olanzapine per day, 5mg in a morning and 5mg at night.

Side effects are manageable, I just get hungry at night, but I have started having fruit instead of sweet snacks, and this seems to do the job. I have lost a little weight doing this recently.

I would say just give it a go and se if it works for you! If it does, we might have found an actual cure for this condition!

Thanks!

James.

Hi!

Sure! I found that altough the Olazapine worked great for the blushing! But after about 4 years on it - it wasn't doing much for my mental health issues that it was prescribed for. So I changed to Clozapine, which does the same with the blushing as Olanzapine, but has more benefits for my mental health issues.

This was the reason, otherwise I would have stayed on the Olanzapine because it worked well!

Any questions, no problem!

Thanks, James.

On 7/9/2019 at 12:51 AM, james30 said:

Hi!

Sure! I found that altough the Olazapine worked great for the blushing! But after about 4 years on it - it wasn't doing much for my mental health issues that it was prescribed for. So I changed to Clozapine, which does the same with the blushing as Olanzapine, but has more benefits for my mental health issues.

This was the reason, otherwise I would have stayed on the Olanzapine because it worked well!

Any questions, no problem!

Thanks, James.

Thanks James :)

Have you put on weight with either Med? I'm considering asking my lovely GP to prescribe Olanzapine or Clozapine to me (thanks to your posts as I had no idea about this medication before). One of a few last things to try before having ETS Surgery, perhaps, since I have to wait around 10 more months before I can have the surgery anyway (12 month waiting period). The only other Med I'm on is Lexapro (40mg/day) which is an Antidepressant. Have been on it for years! May I ask what state of Oz you're in? :)

Cheers :)

Hi MumOf3!

I have put a little weight on, the main reason is you get really hungry at night, but I've managed to start loosing weight since I changed to fruit and fat free yogurts on an evening that seem to do the job.

I would ask for Olanzapine, that should be easier to prescribe than Clozapine.

I live in the UK!

Any questions, let me know!

Thanks, James.