Sign in to follow this  
SurfRBtm

I'm Cured of Palms, Armpits, Feet Sweating in Just One Single ETS Surgery! NO ELS!

I'm a 50 year-old male from the Bay Area, California.  In 2013, after decades of hell, I finally made that final leap towards freedom from sweaty palms, armpits and feet! It took me about 2 years to search for the best and qualified surgeon and I'm glad I did. I have no regrets whatsoever! My confidence is sky-high and opportunities have opened up for me in so many levels since the surgery. The feeling of never again being self-conscious about meeting people and shaking their hands is INCREDIBLE.  In the beginning, I have read so many horror stories about people having major long-term side effects after their ETS surgery that for awhile I became a bit discouraged from ever pursuing it.  Also, the thought of undergoing a separate surgery through the lumbar to cure feet sweating is just too much for anyone to go through it seems.

Then I came across Stanford Hospitals and Clinics. They were able to cure my palms, armpits, and feet sweating from ONE single ETS surgery! NO ELS and No lumbar nerve was even touched. I'm a living proof that Stanford surgeons have cured all my sweaty problems in one single minor ETS surgery without going into the lumbar region or touching any of the lumbar "L" nerves for the feet. They're THAT smart!  It was all done at the chest level which sets them apart from others that operate through the lumbar (lower back) region to cure sweaty feet. It was an outpatient procedure so I was able to go home within a couple hours after surgery.  It's important to note that the surgeons at Stanford will cut the nerves because they do not believe in clamping them and do not recommend it to anyone who goes through ETS.  I did experience minor compensatory sweating around my abdomen and legs during sleeping hours but that only lasted 3-4 months after the surgery and I wasn't really bothered by it.  Other than that, I've had no problems whatsoever and now I sweat like any normal person that exercises or eats spicy foods. I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY my sweaty palms, armpits, and soaking, smelly feet days are over!

The surgeons at Thoracic Surgery Clinic specialize in minimally invasive procedures so the scars are barely noticeable (2 scars the size of baby peas underneath each armpit). They use a technique called VATS Sympathectomy (Needlescopic surgery) not used by any other hospitals or surgeons. It's a no-brainer! Stanford Hospitals and Clinics was the right one for me. These guys are the only medical group that can cure my problems with palms, armpits, and feet sweating in one single surgery.  I'm sure they can fix whatever sweat problems you got going.  To them it's a piece-of-cake, to others it's impossible. No other surgeon outside Stanford can do it.  I hope this helps someone interested in a no-nonsense, sure-thing cure (in my opinion). I've already done years of research and consults with many surgeons before I made the decision to go to Stanford Hospitals..it's the BEST choice I've ever made in my life!!!!!   THE FREEDOM FROM SWEATY PALMS, ARMPITS AND FEET IS UNBELIEVABLE!   GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Links to Stanford Clinics info:

Clinic (click on Hyperhidrosis in website):  https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-clinics/thoracic-surgery-clinic/conditions-treated.html

VATS Info: https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-treatments/v/vats/vats-types/vats-sympathectomy.html

Edited by SurfRBtm