royalflush

EXPLAIN THIS!!

Ok, I've told my story a few times about my flushing episodes on this forum, and about my theory that it was caused by my sudden anhidrosis, and the atmospheric change from a place that is somewhat humid to a total desert-like climate. So the test was X-mas time, were I finally returned to my hometown since this flushing began 8 months ago. NOT ONE FLUSH!!!! I got little dotted marks the first day on my neck, but day two and day three, NOTHING!! It was such a wicked feeling, being myself again. Then I drove back to where I'm living now, and right away I started feeling tingling on my face and neck, looked in the mirrir, and no redness. This morning after my hot shower, where the flush happens daily, still nothing. I'm guessing my body is still in Vancouver and has yet to addapt back to this one!>? If anyone can explain this, please do!!!!!

I have been back for two days now, and the flushing started again last night, not as intense, but it was definately there. Since this flushing began, I have not gone a single day without it and I went two whole days without a single flush.

Vicki, or anyone,if you read this, have you ever heared of anything like this? Could it perhaps be an allergy that I am unaware of? Or is it just the dry climate? I am seriously about to pack everything up and move back to my hometown as it felt SO good not to have to look in the mirror every 10 minutes.

No, not anymore. I now live in a place called Kelowna, it is in British Columbia, Canada and is part of the "Okanagan", which is mainly a massive Lake with Fruit Orchards galore. Very popular for wineries. Extremely dry climate. I have always lived in humid places, even when in the states, it was in Florida.

Mate, the body is a weird thing isnt it!

I find that certain environmental conditions will make me flush really bad - others do the complete opposite. I guess you have just been unlucky in moving to an area with a bad atmosphere (for you).

If you moved to a dry climate when you're used to a more humid climate, that could be causing a lot of issues. Also, the wineries could be causing a problem. You could be allergic to something they produce, or something that gets used on them.

Living in Texas, we have a LOT of cottonwood trees. When they bloom, it literally looks like it's snowing outside there's so much in the air. I am allergic to all trees, so I'm pretty miserable. But, I just take an allergy pill and I'm good to go. Allergies are not one of my rosacea triggers, but you could have just enough of an allergic reaction that they cause a bit of irritation that then irritates itself. Maybe look into an antihistamine?

Hey there,

Small world!!!.........Just reading about where you are living.

I was living in Summerland (not to far from Kelowna), and am now living in the lowermainland (Vancouver). It is since I moved back to the coast that I got diagnosed with Rosacea. I didn't have it up in the Okanagan. Who knows though....it could all be timing. It hit me when I turned 31, and I will be turning 32 this month. Not too sure, maybe you have less stress in Vancouver? Just a thought.

~Penny~

Thanks fot the reply Penny. Definately a small world. The only way I have Rosacea is if it the Neurological one. And if that is the case, it was definately brought on by the change in tempatures. My brother and sister are both very intolerent to dry heat. I've always been good in the sun, I tanned extremely well and have never had a problem, but I have never had to experience the dry heat in any of my travels. In Florida; humid, in the Virgin Islands; humid, and in Montreal; humid. These are places that I spend a long period of time in. I really don't have much stress here in Kelowna. So that being the cause is unlikely. In Vancouver my skin felt UNREAL, like it has my whole life. My friends used to be so jealous because I never got any pimples or acne, and during the summer, I would tan and not burn. In Kelowna, my skin is so dry, and flaky, I even found a disgusting amount of dry skin behind my ear last night. IT REALLY SUCKS because Kelowna is beautiful. But I believe that a move back to my hometown will remedy this flushing problem, as it needs time to heal. Just those 3 days of not flushing gave me 2 days of minimal flushes back here in Kelowna. I could only imagine what months and years will do!!!

Well, that is awesome that you found your own cure!!! That would be hard to give up the Okanagan though. Eventually my husband and I want to move back there. It is so beautiful. My dad lives in Kelowna, and I lived in Penticton when I was a child.

For Christmas, I got a couple of products from proactive. Since using the refining mask, I have noticed a huge change. My face is a lot more calm, less redness and less flushing. We shall see how it lasts. It isn't totally gone, but it is a lot better.

Good luck to you in deciding on where to live....that would be a tough decision....only cause I know how wonderful the Okanagan is. :wink:

~Penny~