Sign in to follow this  
Theance

Hyperhidrosis

I am facing an issue of excessive sweating in palms. I feel very irritated. My child refuses to hold my hand  due to this. When discussed with a friend, she suggested for hyperhidrosis treatment at The Centre for dermatology,Richmond hill ( http://www.thecentrefordermatology.com/procedures/body/hyperhidrosis/ ). But is that applicable when it is a case of palm? . Those who can help me on this, please share your thoughts!

Hi.  I'm sorry to hear this.  Botox injections are seen as most effective for excessive underarm sweating rather than sweating of the palms.  However, there are options available.  The best it seems is iontophoresis treatment.  This can be very effective for excessive palm (and foot sweating).  There are also medications available (but of course these can often carry side-effects), and topical treatments such as prescription-strength anti-perspirants, for example Odaban.
There is also surgery, but as someone who's life has been severely damaged by hyperhidrosis surgery I would personally advise staying as far away from this option as possible.
Good luck.

On 10/9/2016 at 5:21 PM, IJR said:

Hi.  I'm sorry to hear this.  Botox injections are seen as most effective for excessive underarm sweating rather than sweating of the palms.  However, there are options available.  The best it seems is iontophoresis treatment.  This can be very effective for excessive palm (and foot sweating).  There are also medications available (but of course these can often carry side-effects), and topical treatments such as prescription-strength anti-perspirants, for example Odaban.
There is also surgery, but as someone who's life has been severely damaged by hyperhidrosis surgery I would personally advise staying as far away from this option as possible.
Good luck.

Hey IJR. How's your condition right now? I have also a HH.. i'm just trying to ask you if you already find a cure... i will wait for your response thank you 

Hi Sweatier.  Same as always unfortunately.  :(  I was told by my GP about 14-15 years ago (when suffering with the side-effects of the surgery) that my condition would get better with time, but it's only got worse.
I would still always advise anyone against surgery for hyperhidrosis, based on my own horrendous experiences, but I'm just one person of course, and clearly on here there are those who have benefitted from the surgery.  All about personal choice.
I just try to be as healthy as possible these days really.

Oh sorry to hear that IJR. anyway i didn't have a plan yet about surgery. have you tried to by some ebook on how to cure HH? please give me some tips on how to lessen this.. because ot really sucks.. or do you have any medication? I prefer natural remedies.. thank you ?

On 10/15/2017 at 3:51 PM, IJR said:

Hi Sweatier.  Same as always unfortunately.  :(  I was told by my GP about 14-15 years ago (when suffering with the side-effects of the surgery) that my condition would get better with time, but it's only got worse.
I would still always advise anyone against surgery for hyperhidrosis, based on my own horrendous experiences, but I'm just one person of course, and clearly on here there are those who have benefitted from the surgery.  All about personal choice.
I just try to be as healthy as possible these days really.

IJR please response.. thank you

Hi Sweatier.  Some people use botox injections for underarm sweating.  There are also topical and oral medications, and last but not least iontophoresis.  This apparently can be very effective for hyperhidrosis of the hands and feet in particular.

In terms of eBooks, I like to read eBooks about positive thinking and reducing anxiety, because undoubtedly anxiety can sometimes make hyperhidrosis worse.

I love natural remedies too, but unfortunately have not found anything helpful for hyperhidrosis.

It might be an idea to visit your doctor about your condition if you have not done so already.  Best of luck.