jonathan

ETS Surgeon Recommendations in California

Hey folks!

My name is Jonathan and I'm relatively new to this page. Reading about all of your experiences is amazing and I would love some advice.

A little bit about myself, I am 22, just graduated from college and FB has been a problem for me since I was 15. It happens in social situations and especially when I have to speak in front of large groups of people. Now I'm giving weekly reports at my first job and interviewing for better positions and I want to do well without worrying about blushing. I'm seriously leaning towards ETS as I've tried several other treatments (beta-blockers, relaxation therapy, avoiding trigger situations, etc.). I'm currently looking for a good surgeon on the west coast of the U.S. if anyone has one. I went to college in San Diego, CA and currently live in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Any and all recommendations would be much appreciated. Hope everyone is having a great summer!

Go to Stanford Hospital or specifically, Thoracic Surgery Clinic in Palo Alto.  They cured my palms, armpits and feet in one single ETS surgery in 2013.  They have brilliant surgeons that will cure your FB too!  It is a minor outpatient surgery so I was able to go home within a couple hours after surgery.  The scars are barely visible (only 2 small incisions under each armpit the size of baby peas) because they use "needlescopic surgery" or VATS (see link below).  I've had no long term side effects and it's been 4 years since the surgery.  I only experienced minor compensatory sweating around my belly and legs during sleeping hours but that only lasted 3-4 months after surgery which I didn't find it bothersome.  Now, I only sweat when I exercise or eat spicy foods like a normal person.  I've talked to a handful of surgeons all over CA and Stanford surgeons are hands down the very best with very high success rate.  I'm a 50 year-old male and have been to MANY hospitals and medical groups in my lifetime for numerous medical conditions.  Now, I go to Stanford Hospitals and Clinics for everything just because I find the doctors more knowledgeable, very thorough, they do exceptional work and have very good bedside manners, not to mention, Stanford hospitals and clinics are consistently ranked among top 5 in the US year after year.   Good luck! 

Clinic Info (click on Hyperhidrosis): https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-clinics/thoracic-surgery-clinic/conditions-treated.html

VATS Info: https://stanfordhealthcare.org/medical-treatments/v/vats/vats-types/vats-sympathectomy.html

Edited by SurfRBtm