blushing247

Facial blushing uk treatment

Hi I have suffered win extreme blushing for years , 23 now and thinking about doing ets . Constantly red , has anyone done it through The NHS as I know it can save a lot of money etc any advice and experiences would be great . 

Thank you 

Hello

Well.. I can give you an advice.! But you will not like it.

Walk away from this surgery. Do some meds instead, 

1. Betablockers
  2. Maybe combined with Xanan (they are for anxiety, but should work for FB) when need is there. Never tried those myself

Why?

I'll give you the short version.

My main issue were that I'm working in a company where i have to do presentation/speaking in groups. Hated that, and would do anything to avoid those similar situations. It was a blush garanti. And the others stupid NON embarrasment situation where i either were surprised or "caught off guard".. I guees you already know.

But for a grown man at the age of 34, its kind of not cute anymore.!!

Got ETS 2015 - Clamped R2. (unclamped 6 weeks later)

Blushing went away like promised.... But at the site effects arrived also shortly after. I have read of those from others before surgery, but would never have imagined how Annoying they could be in real life.

It was mainly CS that made me get them out again - But you can read my full story here, along with many others. I'm still updating that one, and will keep doing.

http://etsandreversals.yuku.com/topic/6002/ETS-story-clamp-removal-41-days-6-weeks-4-days-updat

I have read alot before surgery, alot of testemonies. Mostly bad story's..! And some where happy. I thought that was because the happy ones never wrote anything. Why should they if they were happy?? But this is the real truth about the surgery:

1-3 years after OP. Most are is happy about the surgery (75%). But the satisfaction decline as the years go by. When I read a "happy" testimony, its was mostly within a year after OP.

Had i known the real figure in the long run, I would never have done it.

1. Satisfaction declines to 42% for FB after 7 years... Thats something to think about!! (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22191130)
  2. And The Gustatory sweat is present in about 33% of patiens after 1.5 years...
    • But after 15 years its 70% who got the gustatory effect of some kind. (cant find the link right now)

And the reason for that is. (like in my case). That the nerves that are cut grow again (thats the main issue about the ets), and you cannot prevent that. And the unwanted siteeffect comes later. And it dossent matter if you are Cut/clamped/burnt. it still will grow. And thats dossent mean that they will connect to the "right" places again.. For example you can get alot of unwanted siteeffects when they grow into the wrong nerves.

I thought i was more "safe" because i was clamped. But thats not the case.Even though my CS has decreased to a non bothersome level. I now have develloped alot of weird siteeffects. And blushing came back, but that's the least of my worries atm.

• Gustatory sweat (sweat while eating). I just finished eating a piece of bread with curry herring, and me head is tingeling and have a Electric feeling to it. Its realy unpleasant. And it i eat something a little stronger , or sour just like an apple I sweat from my forehead. And i'm afraid i havent seen the worst of it... How to explain anyone that to anyone?
  • My forehead feels some cold freezing feeling and pressure most of the time.. And it feels like im going to sweat.. But it dont...! I dont know why, but its weird and annoying.
  • My flushing is come back.. I'm kinda pleased about that, but its feels maybe stronger than before OP. I hope it stops progressing now. Or else something is also wrong there and i would look like a tomato.

Take a note that these siteeffects arrived 6-8 month after my clamps were removed.!! I Really hope the GS just will disappear along with the weird forehead, but i guess that's wishful thinking.

I know that Blushing is a pain in the ass at times. But trust me, this is worse.!!

Sorry for my bad english, its not my main languages.

Good luck

Edited by Filur

Ets is the best decision of my life, many things to consider and peoples levels of copability will determine their response to how well the surgery went for them. Good luck whatever you choose to do x

Hi Blushing 247 - I know it's not really helpful when you ask a specific question and someone just dumps their bad experience on you without answering the question. As someone who has gone through the NHS system I can tell you this. It is not easy. I spoke extensively with several of my GPs from the age of 19 to now (30). None offered this surgery as a solution, indeed, none even knew of it's existence for treating such an ailment.  Now, after researching the ETS about a decade ago, I discussed it with my then GP, we decided to attempt other options, Effexor, CBT etc. after a decade of experimenting with different options I finally decided to 'officially' request that my GP make an application for NHS funding. He told me that the NHS trust would likely deny the funding request and we would appeal it and he seemed hopeful we would get acceptance. Unfortunately, we were declined and at appeal we were declined. I think what I want you to take away from this is that you are at the whim of your NHS Trust and that hinges on many factors, including location and time of year.

oliver... sorry if i misunderstood.

But i read it as ha asked for advice and expirence with ets... which I mean I have som good knowledge about.. I'm just sorry my reply doesnt suit you!!!

I'm not here to scary anyone off. it is his own decision. I just told my point of view..

Dont know what NHS is, but its "just" a matter of money as i see it. the op is still the same.

Edited by Filur

Hi , 

i think I maybe need to give some back ground 23 - work in a bank have a good job. 

But if anyone senior or in meeting or I walk into a hot room I turn pink/red not just cheeks forehead and neck and ears. This has been happening from the age of 19. It is becoming a key issue with my confidence in all aspects in life and I know that is key to progress in a career and life. 

Tried mirvosa gel and it was amazing!!! The first time I was a normal colour but then the days after I got horrible rebound flushing . Terrible product shouldn't be on the market . So I have see what I can look like when not blushing basically and just want to live without fear so I can exercise in the morning before work and not worry about being bright red when I get in, so I can talk to people without being shy or embarrass . 

it really  is a big issue and I think I'm read for to small possible side effects of ETS. I have found a clinic in Manchester and think I'm going to go for a consultation ( www.vascularalliance.co.uk ) . Any advice from people who have had it is greatly welcomed . Or medication that has really helped don't want to try beta blockers because I need to be alert and awake for work. 

Thanks 

No matter what you say there are always some that have an excuse for everything, if something has worked for you then you get the comments 'but you haven't gone past this stage yet' in really getting fed up of justifying myself that this surgery HAS and does work for me and others, many negative people out there and this is the exact reason successful ets patients do not bother with the Internet!!!! 

If your blushing is that bad you will know full well if you are ready for the surgery or not, any doubt in your mind and you really aren't a good candidate for it. This surgery is for a last resort before you literally end your life because not a damn person understands and many excuses used as to why you shouldn't do it. Well I did, I had the surgery and I will keep on praising it because it's the best thing I've ever done, if it works then it takes all that blushing, stress, build up, flushing for me milder, anxiety and nervousness away. Every time I say this has worked for me I get comments saying but you haven't done this yet, you haven't done that yet and I wouldn't bother but half these people haven't even had the bleeding surgery themselves, reading comments and commenting because a bunch of unsuccessful patients have come into a forum to diss ets. Don't be fooled, successful ets patients are out there in the many and it's all this negativity that lingers on the internet that keeps them away!!! 

I had mine done at the Beaumont hospital in Bolton so within the Manchester area and a brilliant doctor. As for the skin, mine has gone paler. I have uploaded pictures of parts of my skin on my own thread on here. Again this is from a successful surgery so no doubt I'll get told I'm wrong! Sorry but I'm really debating whether to bother posting my stories anymore, feeling quite unbelieved and belittled 

Befree.. I happy for you that it worked for you..! Dont get me wrong..!

I also satisfied with some part. I still blush, but my system has calmed down. I'm not that jumpy and nervous anymore. I'm 1 year in and things were okay in the beginning...

Today at work i looked at my collegues dinner plate with a Taco dish And i started to Sweat from my cheeks and forehead!!! ARE YOU fu***** KIDDING ME!!

I knew i could'nt be eating that stuff anymore... but i didnt knew that i could not look at it.! 

I know Blushing can be a burden... I have been there, my job is kind of simular to blushing 247.

I'm just telling my point of wiev. I did also ignorer the warnings myself last year because i feelt my blushing was worse... But... Boy was i wrong.!

I know there are succesfull ETS patients for blushing out there..! Exactly 42% to be precise. But that mean that there are 58% who regrets the operation in the long run.

I certainly hope you will be in the 42% Befree. I not hoping anything bad for anyone, I joined this community to help with my experince.

But it's not my decision to make.

I had mine done at the Beaumont hospital in Bolton so within the Manchester area and a brilliant doctor. As for the skin, mine has gone paler. I have uploaded pictures of parts of my skin on my own thread on here. Again this is from a successful surgery so no doubt I'll get told I'm wrong! Sorry but I'm really debating whether to bother posting my stories anymore, feeling quite unbelieved and belittled

If I hadn't read your posts I was definitely gonna write off ETS surgery, because of all the negativity. The internet's got a really toxic atmosphere even just trying to learn about ETS.There's a bunch of people that read the ETS success stories we just don't bother commenting most of the time. is everything good for you post ETS, you don't get any headaches like how 'fedup' got?? you don't blush anymore?

Hi Michael1, haven't been logging on here for a few weeks so sorry for the late reply. 

There are far more negative ets patients on the internet than positive ones but I do believe there are many happy ets patients out there. 

I don't get any headaches at all and I definitely don't blush anymore. It's so strange still for me, a year on and I still can't believe how my life has changed. It's so uplifting when I'm forced into situations that I can't get out of and know this is when I'd blush, yet nothing happens and I've taken pictures seconds later and nothing is there! It's truly amazing for me and I'm so lucky to have had a great surgeon and great results x

I agree Befree, in that if I had had a great surgery result I would not be using hyperhidrosis forums for support, I would be off living my life.

However, I don't think it's fair to knock people who report bad experiences.  Their opinions, experiences and honest views are as valuable to hyperhidrosis / facial blushing awareness as those who have positive surgery experiences.  Basically, if I posted anything but negative surgery comments then I would feel dishonest; my quality of life was ten times better eighteen years ago before surgery, so I feel I must express this in an honest way, just to say look, ETS surgery is basically a game of Russian Roulette.  You might be very lucky and have a great experience, or you could have you life destroyed.  It's a colossal gamble, and one which in hindsight I personally would have never taken had I been given 100% of the information from the NHS that I should have been given, rather than 5%-10%.

Don't get me wrong, I am very pleased to read about positive stories such as yours, but at the end of the day there are a lot of negative stories too, and I don't see any harm in both sides been expressed on sites such as this, so that those who have not been under the knife yet can make as much of an informed decision as possible.

IJR

It's not fair to knock people, can you explain what I'm supposed to have done there? I've also been very honest and had so many people knock me straight back down to the point I feel in being disbelieved, I have neve said once that negative comments shouldn't be told so why the personal attack? I don't appreciate that at all. 

It wasn't a personal attack, I was just replying to your comment.

I was referring to the 'excuses' comment and 'negative' people.  If someone posts their genuine experiences I don't class them as negative or positive (regardless of what they say); it's simply their life experiences.

I value everyone on here and (like everyone else) am grateful for the support.  I would never deliberately knock anyone straight back down or disbelieve a person, and I am sorry to hear that you have experienced this Befree.

Again, it was not a personal attack.  I was just replying to your post.

This forum is starting to feel more like walking on eggshells.  Before long it'll become fragmented between people with good ETS experiences and those with bad ones, which I would hate to see and think would be a shame.  It has the potential to see everyone supporting each other regardless of how their ops went.

Like I said, I'm very glad for people like yourself who found it a cure.

Edited by IJR

Negative patients and positive patients, those comments mean people with positive results and people with negative results, why can't I say that? And this forum is slowly turning into a forum that only accepts the negativity, sorry if you get upset by this but it's mainly negative all the time