Update: no more side effects. The 150 mg is working great. Feeling awesome. Best decision I have taken. No more worries about talking to people and going red. Before I avoid talking to my supervisor. Now, I talk to her almost everyday. It feels great. It is really worth paying $26 every month. The first month was awful but after 5 weeks I felt really good. 

Great news, Liss! :) 

You say no more side effects, that´s great! Does that include no sexual side effect as well, like decreased libido? I have read that this is a possible side effect, though a rare side effect from Effexor compared to other antidepressants. 

Great news, Liss! :) 

You say no more side effects, that´s great! Does that include no sexual side effect as well, like decreased libido? I have read that this is a possible side effect, though a rare side effect from Effexor compared to other antidepressants. 

I didnt have an issue with that. My side effects were nauseas dry mouth lost of appetite and extremely anxious around week 2-3.

Think its time I gave this effexor a try, Ive been on the NHS waiting list for ETS for 6 months now and wouldnt be surprised if im waiting at least another 6 months.

Ive booked an app for thursday ?

What exactly do i ask for as I believe there is a couple differ types of this tablet?

Hello people, sorry i havent update lately. Im still taking effexor every morning.

If i miss one pill i feel really bad and worry. My brain seems like it needs this medicine to relax and work normal. 

I dont care if i have to take it everyday as long as it continues to help me with fb.

I  barely think about fb or ets anymore. Im soo glad i didnt get up to that point of surgery.

If something change and i feel like this pill is not working anymore i will definely go for surgery. For now, im happy with effexor.  Sorry for my spelling and my english. I hope you can understand what i mean. God bless everybody and remember we are soo bless to be stress. 

Think its time I gave this effexor a try, Ive been on the NHS waiting list for ETS for 6 months now and wouldnt be surprised if im waiting at least another 6 months.

Ive booked an app for thursday ?

What exactly do i ask for as I believe there is a couple differ types of this tablet?

Steven, just make sure you get the "slow release"/"controlled release" version of Venlafaxine. This version lasts for a whole day. The specific name of the product varies depending on which country you live in. 

yeah blushingman, ive been on the slow release now for a full week. The plan is to take 37 mg for 2 weeks then double the dosage for the following 2 weeks and take it from there.

The side effects were pretty harsh the first couple of days- unsettled sleep,bulging eyes,dry mouth,grindin teeth, crazy dreams all similar feelings to when I used to dabble with ecstacy (e tabs).

No real change with my blushing, but to be expected i guess on a low dosage. Il repost when I go up to 70mg

I've been on 75 mg for a few years now and it does work great and stopping blushing or at least at significantly decreasing the intensity of the blush. But you have to give them at least 4 - 5 weeks to work.

Another point, make sure you know what you're getting in to, these are strong tablets and I tried coming off them at one stage and let me tell you it was not fun, needless to say I ended up going back on them.

If I had known about the successes of the ets surgery a few years back I would've gone for that first but at least now the meds allow me to live a relatively normal life so I won't complain

Hello to all

i have few questions for Liss

I hope Liss before reading my post read the post I recently i wrote on a different topic

Do you think you are in the same situation or similar to mine? ..

in other words do you think your redness was caused by only emotional or most by rational factors..in other terms "fear of
uncontrollable! blushing"?

If so  did you ever been in a situation where you've tested in terms of "fear of blushing and chronic redness"?

or simply you are a different case than mine and of course because you feel better you blush less as most of close to normal people would do ?

I think we are in similar situations.

I blush because i fear of blushing. Effexor helps me to not think about how red i will be in situations.

In other words, effexor is not "the happy pill". There has been times where i feel stress and sad and i dont blush as bad as before, believe me before taking this pill i would blush for the smallest thing. 

I honestly think giving a try to this pill before ets for at least 6 months is the best choice.  I have read stories from people that start taking effexor for few days and then quit because of the side effects. Of course, your body needs to get use to the medicine. Im still in the process of "testing" this medication.

My goal is to have a clear answer by december if i will go ahead and have surgery or if effexor will be enough for my fb. 

I hope this answer your question. 

All i can say for know is that i can not go out without this pill not even one day.

Beastywild

What is the condition of your liver after so many years of taking the drug ?

Do you were doing yourself checkups ?

I haven't done any liver checks lately but that might be a good idea. I'm not that worried about it though because I would be thinking at 75mg it's not that much for my liver to break down. I'm also a generally healthy person

been on the 75 mg tab now for 3 weeks and surprised but happy to report that theres been a big improvement in my blushing.

Before this tab I was convined that my blushing was so ingrained into my system that nothing other than ets could "fix" me.

Im not totally "cured", as I still blush (maybe 50% 60% less),but every day life has become alot easier. 

Thanks liss to reply

i'm still on effexor to me it is not a big deal considering i was on citalopran before for about 2 years..for sure before them i tried any topicals to less down intensity of blushinig..i upprecciate your answers and i'm close to you or anybody needs to swith off the problem..i repeat i'm close to 40 and it is no more as whene i was 20..but sametimes life backs to that ages..when I thought i was the only one in the world to be albe to blush so much

before red spots on my checks then redness as rosacea or most.for sure it would last at least 20 minutes.in my ages i never have meet xsons who went red as me..it is really a fisical disfunctions

so

i suppose i'm still alone all peple write here seems speak another language
for sure everithyng depens on

fear of blushing

none answered my simmple question..when fear of uncontrollable blushing occure and for sure uncontrollable flushing occurres as consequense...do you look different?.

it means nothhing if a drug makes you feel calmer we are talking abouat a phisical matter

Have everibody a nice night

First of all l I want to apologize to those who have misunderstood me

to me the chronic problem emotional blush face is due to a physical dysfunction. What I am sure there are many having secure social insecurity who blush for sure more than others but who not has a real dysfunction !! ..
Because there's a difference between who may blushes for sure a lot for sure more than others but in an acceptable way and who has a serous nrvous difunction and blushes in a ..abnormal way !!! ... Hard to describe !!!..lasts 20 min or more

i say this because i'm close to be sure most of people has same social discounfort for sure to theme it seams end of the world as every problem seams but it needs to me to make an objective difference!

for sure-in both cases are afraid to blush!

What perhaps called "fear of blushing" means again nothing there are situations and situational!

However the moment are not interested on this topic

Quick update Effexor

I tolerated very well and I have a positive feelingi'm on 75 mg not sure to go soon to 150 All my fears were related to sexual side right now..whetever on that side nothing bad

for sure right now i have a great impression on Effexor !
I've no idea if it works also phisically because for sure also the happiest person in the world would blush if has a dysfunction..i was time sof my life happy sadness began when i notised this sysfunficon..so arguments not needs to be mixed.

Sorrry again for my english thanx liss for the suggestion and we'll see what will happen..right now i'm goin strainght on effexor

the argument to me it is not to feel better so less blush, but to blush less in the same state of mind in the same situation where we would have blushed chronically i repeat because you can be the happiest person in the world that situation will be present itself 'sooner or later,please don't think of arguing that if there 'a change of mood you blush' less !! .. I'm saying something different tired to explaining..few people will undastand.Whetever thaks liss i'll update

regards to all..

Edited by blucell

4 months update.

You guys are not gonna believe it but taking this pill has been a life savior. I feel so much better now. I barely blush and when i do its in normal situations where everybody would blush. I talk with confidence and enjoy being me. I think of blushing so much different now. Before i would think about facial blushing every second 24/7 and would avoid so many social situation where i know i was gonna blush. Not anymore, i think all those toughts about fb were non sense. 

If i forget to take the pill one day the next day i feel dizzy and weird so i take it every day.

Thats it for now

Enjoy and God bless you

4 months update.

You guys are not gonna believe it but taking this pill has been a life savior. I feel so much better now. I barely blush and when i do its in normal situations where everybody would blush. I talk with confidence and enjoy being me. I think of blushing so much different now. Before i would think about facial blushing every second 24/7 and would avoid so many social situation where i know i was gonna blush. Not anymore, i think all those toughts about fb were non sense. 

If i forget to take the pill one day the next day i feel dizzy and weird so i take it every day.

Thats it for now

Enjoy and God bless you

Delighted for you Liss. It really is a massive relief when you notice your blushing improve dramatically.

Unfortunately the tablets are extremely addictive and one day missed can make you feel like a heroin addict so I feel I will be stuck on them for the rest of my life. But,it's better than a lifetime of chronic blushing so I won't complain

Hello befree, i still blush but i would say as a normal person would blush now. I can enjoy meetings going out to restaurants socializing and all that. I dont have the build up shaking and anxiety any more. The only bad thing about this pill is that i cant stop taking them for few days because the side effects are really bad

If it stopped blushing it is nice

whetever i see on homepage a good experience about effexor then as a coincidence liss begins his trial on her post that "I think im gonna give it a try to EFFEXOR before having ETS" it is clear it is a message to support the new templates forum because the answer is already written!..then sameone else say it stopped at all blushing same way..there are strange coincidendences to me it is almost clear sameone want to support the foum to meke it alive.
Now i'm not sure 100% because i belive in persons and its is possible same truths are deep on the treaths but that sameone have found a physiìcal solution never found in years to chronical facial blushins same moment the new forum is displayed it is strange!
I belive the good faith and it is possible effexor does samething in terms of facial blushing..not in psychological but in physical terms..the few people who undergo ets it is not to solve any social disturb but to act only physically!

Generally their post after are in terms ony of intesity of redness.."flushing goes samewhere else"staff lik ethat about effexor i readed nothing clear in terms of redness.."to blush less" means nothing

to be able to go to restaurants and socializing???is that problems in life of sameone?? it is possible liss you are a wife and families has their own rules but if to you the only argument is to be able to go  to restaurant and socializing with sameone i don't find a reason to go under ets

then

i'm still on effexor ,,i have nothing to say about that at the moment,,i mean i tried so many things..for sure it is possible it is the best drug for blushing but it

still a drug not proved to work sameway in terms of reducing redness induced!..at the end I have not been in one of those situations where you can not escape where you have to stay for hours then it will 'not' more 'a point of blushing less with the people you meet occasionally but a point to be secure everiwhere anywhere sameone ask to take part..also television or conventions!Blush less again means nothing

everything passes from the physical consciousness of themselves

have a good night!

Edited by blucell