blushingman, thank you for putting a lot of effort in your posts

nanotechology sounds awesome ha - if only

what sucks is that people see redness as trivial, and while it is not life threatening in the conventional sense - as we all know; unless you have experienced it, you cannot know what it is like.  obviously that is why there is no real treatment that works yet.

over the years i've done ipl, pdl, and ndyag - no noticeable improvement for me yet.  uvb light did help but it is not a long term solution.

never heard of the term cold cream before - i'll have to look into that.  does cold cream work if you're out in the heat for a long time as well?  what brand do you use?

cheers

mushroom_blush, thank you for noticing. I am glad to help as much as I can. 

Yeah, nanotechnology sounds awesome, agree :) It is probably not what will be used a lot right away, but who knows. Technology is improving fast! 

What I meant by cold cream is a cream used when the weather is cold (winter). It protects she skin, and keep it warmer than the rest of the environment. Therefore it also is easier going inside to a warm environment, not getting a strong flush as if you had´t used the cream. I do not use this a lot (mostly if working out outside in the cold, or if you go skiing), and I do not have a particular brand a remember using. I just bought it from the local pharmacy. 

I have not used cold cream that actually is made to keep the skin cool in the heat. I know Le Roche Posay have something for that ( http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Rosaliac/Skin-prone-to-redness-r48.aspx ). Maybe it is worth testing out. 

cheers 

Hi everyone !

Very good point Blushingman to speak about Creams. I used to make research when BB Cream appeared some years ago. It was to be THE solution to treat facial redness of Corean girls (who wants to be as white as possible ^^). Thanks to your link, I see that there are new kind of cream : CC Cream. Just glance at Rosaliac, I found this report, with a redface : https://babsscribbles.com/2014/05/26/review-le-roche-posay-rosaliac-cc-cream/

It seems to deserve our attention. Nevertheless, is it enough discreet for a man ?

Anecdote : Actually, I live at 40 km from the city La Roche Posay :D

Best regards

Ah right, sorry I thought you meant the ets surgeon didn't know the difference between the two. To be honest I think a lot of general doctors only know small amounts about everything. They seem quick to hand out medication x

can u help me understand something. If I get embarassed in a social situation my face goes bright red. This is blushing right?? But if i'm in my room and I look in the mirror i see my face is white/light brown. Then I do a pushup and my face is bright red. This is flushing????? Did you only blush before the surgery and now you don't?? Did your face never flush?? So the surgery is useless if everytime I go for a run my face flushes bright red?? Even if it were to cure my blushing??? Lol this is so stupid

Hi, heat causes flushing so exercise, stress, sitting in the sun, that kind of thing would bring a flush on. Blushing is something completely different and is triggered with interaction, fear, that kind of thing and normally passes quicker than a flush. (some people can flush for several hours) Before surgery I blushed and thats why i had it done, from what I've read it does nothing for flushing, although saying that when I had a shower before my ets surgery my face was always red, sensitive and hot from the steam from the water but after ets its not half as bad when i come out the shower. So if you are wanting surgery for both then I'd say no, don't have it done as you will only be disappointed. If its purely for the blushing then yes, I'd recommend it and if it calms your flushing down then its an added bonus. Hope this helps x

Hi, heat causes flushing so exercise, stress, sitting in the sun, that kind of thing would bring a flush on. Blushing is something completely different and is triggered with interaction, fear, that kind of thing and normally passes quicker than a flush. (some people can flush for several hours) Before surgery I blushed and thats why i had it done, from what I've read it does nothing for flushing, although saying that when I had a shower before my ets surgery my face was always red, sensitive and hot from the steam from the water but after ets its not half as bad when i come out the shower. So if you are wanting surgery for both then I'd say no, don't have it done as you will only be disappointed. If its purely for the blushing then yes, I'd recommend it and if it calms your flushing down then its an added bonus. Hope this helps x

hey, well i'm a school dropout i'm not a doctor but it just seems too much of a coincidence that I have insanely bad blushing AND insanely bad flushing. They basically feel the exact same (headache, itchy burning skin) and my whole face goes red and a certain area on my chest and neck. Maybe flushing is the same thing as blushing?? Just wih different triggers

Can you remember if you used to go red exercising? Or did you just never go red exercising? I also go red when i shower. Sorry for all the questions i just wanna gt this figured out

michael1 - let me see if I can clarify this for you:

Whether it is flushing or blushing, what happens is blood capillaries in the face which dilate. Blood rush to the face, the capillaries dilate and you get more red and hot. This is why people who are able to blush, often also can have a problem with flushing, Simply because they have the facial skin for it (skin with enough blood capillaries that make the redness visible). Some people might get hot or embarrassed but it just doesn't show on them, because they do not have the skin where that is a possibility. 

The difference between flushing and blushing is what triggers the redness. If you are in social interactions and get red, that is blushing (internal factors, like anxiety, causes the face to get red). If you are out in the cold and go in to a hot room, and your face get more red and hot, that is flushing (external factors causes the color to change). 

Flushing and blushing aren't the same thing. Some people do have both, some just flush and don't suffer from blushing. If I excersised for long enough I'd go red yeah, heat and flushing wasn't really a problem for me though. It was blushing and that's what ets targets x

michael1 - let me see if I can clarify this for you:

Whether it is flushing or blushing, what happens is blood capillaries in the face which dilate. Blood rush to the face, the capillaries dilate and you get more red and hot. This is why people who are able to blush, often also can have a problem with flushing, Simply because they have the facial skin for it (skin with enough blood capillaries that make the redness visible). Some people might get hot or embarrassed but it just doesn't show on them, because they do not have the skin where that is a possibility. 

The difference between flushing and blushing is what triggers the redness. If you are in social interactions and get red, that is blushing (internal factors, like anxiety, causes the face to get red). If you are out in the cold and go in to a hot room, and your face get more red and hot, that is flushing (external factors causes the color to change). 

Thanks for your answer,

But i've seen pictures of myself when i'm younger playing football in the middle of the summer, and my face is just light brown/white, no redness whatsoever. If flushing is genetic/capiliaries that doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever. Maybe flushing in some people might be controlled by the body's thermoregulator or whatever, maybe this can be fixed by ETS??

Flushing and blushing aren't the same thing. Some people do have both, some just flush and don't suffer from blushing. If I excersised for long enough I'd go red yeah, heat and flushing wasn't really a problem for me though. It was blushing and that's what ets targets x

Befree, but you said the steam from.hot showers made your face go red (flushing) and now it doesn't as much, after the surgery

Yes that's correct, but other people have said its not improved for them in that way so there is a chance it may not clear it up for you too. It's a risk you need to be willing to take, if you get a good recommended surgeon then the ets for blushing should be helped but for the flushing I think you need to speak to an ets doctor to see what they say. It's a gamble and even more so with flushing. 

As for the genetics, I didn't have a blushing problem until I started high school so I'm not convinced (for me) that this is true x

Yes that's correct, but other people have said its not improved for them in that way so there is a chance it may not clear it up for you too. It's a risk you need to be willing to take, if you get a good recommended surgeon then the ets for blushing should be helped but for the flushing I think you need to speak to an ets doctor to see what they say. It's a gamble and even more so with flushing. 

As for the genetics, I didn't have a blushing problem until I started high school so I'm not convinced (for me) that this is true x

ok, so you did have some flushing before the surgery, and now you only have some? The surgery is likely gonna fix bluhsing, but there is a chance of it fixing flushing too, just no one really knows? I'm trying to talk to as many doctors as i can but you need appointments. They don't talk on email. I cant even afford appointments. Have u heard of Dr Jadresic? He wrote a book..... When Blushing Hurts

I wouldn't say i had flushing but yeah I guess that's what it was after a hot shower and my face is less flushed now after a hot shower. 

I haven't heard of that doctor, the doctor who did my surgery was mr onwudike in the north west of England and he was amazing. 

Yes it's a complete gamble, I've read of people being cured from blushing much more than I have of flushing as a flush is caused through heat, even though when you blush you feel as though you're burning up. 

Have you tried starting a post about flushing to see if anyone knows more information? X

Micheal1- There is no genetic component for me. None of my immediate family suffer from this, and I would know because I have been on the look-out for 20 years now. Also, I tan pretty well (although I do burn first), and I have dark hair, so I'm not the "typical skin type/tone" to have severe blushing. It started to surface for me around age 18 and got more severe in my late 20s through now (I'm 38). 

I too am a flusher (hot showers, exercise, sexual activity :o) and just had ETS, so check in on my thread to see if I post any changes with my flushing in the future. As of now, I haven't gone red since but can't gauge things because it's only been a day!

Micheal1- There is no genetic component for me. None of my immediate family suffer from this, and I would know because I have been on the look-out for 20 years now. Also, I tan pretty well (although I do burn first), and I have dark hair, so I'm not the "typical skin type/tone" to have severe blushing. It started to surface for me around age 18 and got more severe in my late 20s through now (I'm 38). 

I too am a flusher (hot showers, exercise, sexual activity :o) and just had ETS, so check in on my thread to see if I post any changes with my flushing in the future. As of now, I haven't gone red since but can't gauge things because it's only been a day!

Goodluck wih your results!! i've got black hair, green eyes and light brown skin. Mum has brown skin. My sister has dark brown skin. Doesnt make sense. How much did it cost?

michael1:

Glad I could help clarify that for you :) 

About your last question, please comment that sort of question in the topic FedUp77 specifically has made about her surgery. This topic is starting to get away from its intended purpose. 

1. Has anyone had the ETS-surgery, who before only blushed in the cheeks, and now are satisfied with the result?

Yes. 

2. Has anyone had the ETS-surgery, and before got red and it stayed like that for many minutes (perhaps even hours)? And are you now satisfied with the result?

Yes—hours was common for me.