Dear everyone,

I am not sure if my personal story is a very interesting read, since it is so similar to every other story in here. Nevertheless, it might be some who wants to read it, so I will sum it up very shortly in this post. For you who want to skip to my questions, I will post them in the last paragraph.

My story - explained very shortly and simply

Facial blushing (FB) started as problem for me when I was around 13-14 years old. I have always done well in school, but now presentations, group work or just raising the hand asking a question became a very painful experience. Going bright red, feeling the cheeks getting intensely warm and having stairs and comments from fellow students. I tried different solutions (nothing really helped, see paragraph below) so I started having suicidal thoughts when I was about 16 years old, because I didn´t feel I could be myself in this life and there were no cure for it. Was scheduled to have ETS when I was around 17, but cancelled before I had it, because the fear of the side effects. Had therapy instead. It is now 16 years since the problem started. It is not as bad as when I was 16, I am coping with the problem, but I am certainly not living life. I am far from where I could be in my professional life, and when it comes the social life it is practically non-existent (Dating isn´t an option and keeping meaningful friendship isn´t the easiest when you really want to have them being yourself, but at the same time trying to avoid different social situations because of the problem).  

Some of the things I have tried (none of them have been really successful)

- Therapy

- Hypnotherapy

- Lasers

* IPL laser didn´t work at all. But after about 5-6 treatments with the PDL (pulsed dye laser) Vbeam, the redness has been reduced about 20-25 %. Especially when flushing, like being outside   in a cold weather and then going inside.

- Beta-blockers

* This I have found to be the best temporary solution available today. It doesn´t remove the blushing, but makes it much easier. I take them in situations I have to be in (like meetings at work), when I know I am going to blush. I take them 1 hour before, but I always get very tired for the rest of the day.  

- Being careless/not giving a f@ck. 

* It has somewhat helped, a long with therapy and coaching, in my everyday life. Focusing on what I want in life, vs what other people think, focusing on what is good about myself vs what is bad, etc. However, in FB-situations I have found it impossible to just focus on being careless. The sympathetic nervous system takes over and that you have no control over. 

- Different creams and cover-ups

- Getting a tan 

- Growing a beard 

- Working out very intensely, eating healthy, meditate, etc. 

Different thoughts and experiences:

I have read through tons of forums and webpages (this one and others) and spoken to different surgeons and doctors. I am amazed by how few good solutions todays medicine has to offer FB-people. Take Sweden for example. This is the country who invented the ETS-surgery, so they clearly acknowledge that it is a big problem for people in the society. Because of the side effects they have banned the surgery. But, the problem is still there! I can not believe that they let people just have the problem, and not putting money and energy in to finding better cures! The closest I have come to reading about alternative solutions are: 1) Stellate Ganglion Block. This is fluid being injected in the neck-area, and is supposed to paralyze the same nerve as you destroy in the ETS-surgery. However because of where you have to inject, you do it at the T1-level, which very often gives you Horners Syndrom. As I understand it the effects also only last for a couple of hours, which doesn´t make it a possible cure. 2) Botox. I have read that they tested this for FB in Great Britain around year 2008, but I am yet to hear about any successful results from it.  

It has become somewhat a mission for me, being a part of influencing surgeons/doctors/scientists to finding new solutions for FB. I am convinced that with todays technology and how much we now know in medicine, it shouldn´t be difficult finding better solutions than what is available today. In my opinion there are two ways to go about curing this: 1) Finding out why some people have more visible blood capillaries in the face, and from that finding out how to remove them. Of course, if you originate from Africa and have completely dark skin, FB isn´t visible. But for most people, with completely pale skin, it isn´t physically possible to blush no matter how embarrassed they get (they just don´t have capillaries in the outer skin of the face that are visible and expands). What is different with them? 2) Finding better cures than the ETS-surgery, that gives less side effects. 

I think there are particularly two things that doctors and scientists need to be made aware off, which could help in research being started and done on a bigger scale:

- The ethical incentive: Making them realize how much this impacts the people having this problem. Just to mention some problem in my life because of this: Being rejected by girls when asking them out in a date, because I go bright red and that is a sign of weakness/insecurity and they want a confident man. Not getting a job, much for the same reason, at job interviews they want someone that comes a cross certain. Being assumed to be gay trying to get new male friends, because blushing when greeting them. Basically daily humiliations that destroys both the professional and social life. 

- The economical incentive:  Making them realize how many who actually struggles with this, and how poorly todays solutions are. The people who finds better solutions for this, with less side effects, will by no doubt (and well deservingly) become very rich. I expect it also is a question of funding the research to start with. I myself would gladly help do this, and I assume I am not alone here about that on this forum, so if I come across a possible opportunity of starting to fund research with the focus on finding new solutions, I will let you know. 

I should also mention what KPRF is: It stands for keratosis pilaris rubra faceii, and is just fancy terminology for being born with red cheeks (Or it starts appearing when you are like 1 or 2 years old). Most doctors have not even heard of this, because it has been done so little research on. You can google it if you want to see a picture of it, and it should be noted that it is NOT the same as Rosacea. When I am calm the color is a light pink, and it blends in well with the rest of my face color. When I blush, the cheeks get dark red and very hot. I can blush for some seconds about something embarrassing, and then going back to the light color. But the worst scenarios are when I am in a "spotlight situation", like giving a presentation. That is a guaranteed blushing situation, but then my cheeks remain flushed for the entire situation and also for many minuets after when I am done with it. 

Like I have said, I am convinced we will find better solution to FB in the future. However I fear it will not happen too soon, and I think that I have tried everything else, but ETS now. Being the only possible solution left available, I am therefore again strongly considering it. If I go through with the surgery I will definitely come back and share my experience. So, this is the reason for the 2 questions I have written below: 

Questions:

1. Has anyone had the ETS-surgery, who before only blushed in the cheeks, and now are satisfied with the result?

2. Has anyone had the ETS-surgery, and before got red and it stayed like that for many minutes (perhaps even hours)? And are you now satisfied with the result?

The reason why I am asking these two questions is because I am considering the ETS-surgery, and my problems are the two mentioned above. Also I have read several places that the surgery might not be effective for my type of problem (One source: http://www.chir.it/en_erythrophobia.php?lang=en)

Thanks for sharing. I had never considered the problem of being thought of as gay. It really strips is of being perceived as who we really are!

I am a blusher with effects that stay for many minutes/hours beyond the event. Hot, burning, uncomfortable.... Chest up to cheeks. I have a "butterfly rash" pattern and turn nearly purple sometimes. I suppose I fit into your question # 2. I get my ETS done on June 8th and will report back to you after.

Also, when I went for my consult I was told being a chest first blusher, a woman, and having pale skin where the most indicative of getting positive results. Just FYI.

Hi ! Very impressed by your approach of the problem. I do like that kind of reasoning as it is the most rational way to deal with the problem. You're right when you say it can be solved easily with current medicine, that why it is so frustrating !!

I deeply agree when you try to find the root of the problem : is it about skin (but as you say, a lot of pale people don't blush, whereas we might suppose black skin people can feel the sensation of blushing. We could imagine that BLUSHING doesn't depend on the color of the skin, but SUFFERING FROM BLUSHING does, because of the visibility and the comments from others) ? Or is it about nervous system ?

I just want to share with you a third hypothesis I often think about : chemical origin. As we know chemistry rules the body, the feelings, and so on. The system is so complex that each people has its own "operating system".

Just redirect you to a publication I have written for the members of this forum : http://esfbchannel.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4033-a-natural-efficient-and-cheap-solution/

I stay really frustrated :D not having any feedback about this very interesting track I experimente from several months ^^

Just let keep on looking for solution !

Best regards

FedUp77. Good luck with your surgery! Hopefully after that you never have to worry about FB again! Looking forward hearing from you afterwards :)

Thank you for that, rdussau :)

About the problem being in the skin; I have an interesting story about a friend I had when we were in like 9th grade (junior high school). I don´t remember what he did, but I remember he made a complete fool out of himself. He got everyone´s attention, including the teacher. He got clearly embarrassed and just stared down on his desk. But, his face didn´t change a bit, and remained as pale as it always was! I remember asking him about it afterwards, and he just said he never blushed. I did not ask him if he felt the face getting heated, but I assume that it didn´t. When we stand beside each other, we look very much alike. We basically have the same height, weight, hair color and skin color. But a big difference is that my cheeks are bright pink and easily can get dark red and feel hot, while his facial skin always remains cool and pale (or tanned if he has been in the sun, but never red or pink from blushing). This I find very strange, and the reason for this specific difference is what I mean by that todays medicine shouldn´t have any problem finding out why, and also being able to cure it. It feels somewhat unfair having this condition, but then again life isn´t fair. It doesn´t help anything focusing on the problem, better to focus on finding solutions. 

Very interesting !

You make me remember a similar story of a friend being roughly scolded by the teacher (we were 17/18 yo). As for you friend, he was really shocked, but his skin didn't change (whereas he was fair and has a particularly pale skin, almost white !).

Another interesting point, my brother and me didn't have the same skin at all : he is pale but tans easily in the sun, and does not blush, and I have bit more difficulties to tan > I CAN tan until being really brown, but even when I am tanned, I easily get sunburn.

It would be very interesting to get plethore of other testifies to try to determine how it is a common stuff. Is it possible to make a poll ?

hey guys - first post.  had kprf for coming up to 10 years.  I won't go into how it's effected me, as we all know it's debilitating.  browsed various forums for years, never really took part in them apart from reading.  only found this one on a search on Google.  To the original poster - I had ETS beginning of 2015, and I'm sorry to say it didn't work for me.  Had it done privately which cost around 4£G.  ouch.  I still flush, but I don't regret the surgery - as I don't sweat out of my head at all now (apart from gustaory sweating), whereas it used to be buckets!   but no, I don't think there is any beneift in flushing for kprf unfortunately.   the few weeks post op I thought there was some beneift, but that was short lived to about a month or two.  Before surgery I expected no matter how I was feeling in my head stressed/upset etc - I wouldn't be physically able to flush after the ETS ; sadly that is not the case.  Sorry if I've dashes any hopes, it might work for you.  but maybe I've saved you some pennies.  I hope to use this forum in future.  People just don't seem to talk on the rosacea forum :S

Hi mushroom_blush :) 

Thank you very much for sharing! Sorry to hear the ETS-surgery didn´t give you the results you were after.

I like to separate the two terms "blushing" and "flushing". "Flushing" is the facial skin getting more hot and red because of external factors. For example being outside skiing all day, and then going in to a warm cabin in the afternoon. Then my cheeks gets as warm and hot as they can be, and it has nothing to do with embarrassment or anything of that nature. "Blushing" comes from internal factors, like being embarrassed in a social interaction, and your face gets red from that. I do not expect the surgery can cure flushing, but blushing is what I believed it is aimed to cure. The worst situations for me is when you are in the "spotlight" with no possibility to "escape" (like being in meetings or giving a presentation). These situations doesn´t give me a quick blush that goes away in seconds, but I have a tension build up in my body and one way my body responds is by the cheeks getting more hot and dark red. I am not sure if it classifies as blushing, because it is not a "normal-people-blush", like when you get embarrassed, get red and then it goes away in seconds. The dark red color stays with me for the entire spotlight situation, and even several minutes after it is over. I wouldn´t classify it as flushing either, because it has to do with internal, and not external, factors. Did you have these kinds of problems before the surgery (which still are there)? 

Yes, keep posting here and not in the Rosacea forum. KPRF and Rosacea is not the same thing :)  

Keep looking for new potential cures, and I will do the same. As I wrote earlier, the medicine and technology we have today should be able to find better solutions to the problems, it just hasn´t been focused on. If we somehow can get scientists and doctors to start working on this, it really would be a great start. Most people aren´t physically able to blush, because they do not have blood capillaries in the outer skin in the face (Or they have some, but very few). They might get embarrassed and think they blush, but they are not able to get red. Finding out why most people have this type of skin and why most don´t, is a start. Then finding out how to remove these capillaries for good. 

Like FedUp77, I am also curious about the surgery. Did you get the side effect compensatory sweating (CS), and if so, how bad is it during hot summer days? Also, did you cut/burn the nerve or put on titanium clamps? And at what T-level? 

hi guys – thanks for the welcome.

KPRF stands for Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii.  Lots of facial conditions have redness as a symptom; KPRF is to do with keratin and blocked follicles I believe.

I’m typing on a computer now as opposed to a mobile so I can go more in depth now in half the time ha.

I do get compensatory sweating on chest, back and legs – sometimes quite bad.  For me, the severity seems to depend on internal factors such as stress / medication / herbal supplements as opposed to external factors such as heat.  I say this because I have been less stressed on an extremely hot day – and barely sweated at all, as opposed to being stressed on a mediocre temperature day, and I could feel the sweat dripping under my clothing!

I had my surgery done in London – T2 level cut.  I think the surgery did what it was advertised to do, but for KPRF – it would never have solved the redness issue.  I say this because as stated in my previous post, I don’t sweat out of my head anymore (apart from eating certain foods), and my hands are extremely dry.  Anyone else in the UK here?  I’m in my 20s - 30s.  obviously this condition makes us very on edge, and I am quite a private person.  But I would like to start making local friends with this shared condition as I am extremely tired of battling it alone.

Blushingman – I know exactly what you mean by blushing and flushing.  It’s weird, and they must overlap.  i always flush due to external factors due to temperature changes.  I don’t really blush due to embarrassment so maybe the ETS helped in that respect (I actually can’t remember if I used to blush due to embarrassment as the line gets blurred as to the cause when you’re going red 24/7!) HOWEVER I can still go red with no apparent external factors.  E.g.  I’ll be at home, apparently relaxing – constant ambient temperature, look in the mirror – and boom! Am red!  No identified embarrassment to trigger it or external factors either.

cheers

mushroom_blush;

I am very grateful to be able to read your experience of the surgery :) 

Would you say you get more red, and also more often, now after the surgery? Like feeling the upper body getting hot, not cooling down as easily as before. 

Have I understood it correctly that your main problem is having flushing a lot everyday, and that it can happen any time? You do not get worse during what I call "spotlight situations" (meetings, presentations, dinner conversations around a table, etc.)? The reason I am asking is because I am considering the ETS-surgery. First and foremost to cure the blushing, and cheeks remaining flushed, during these kinds of situations. Do you think the surgery will cure me from that? 

I am also wondering even more about the side effects. I actually made a topic specifically for side effects from the ETS-surgery (http://esfbchannel.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/4070-topic-i-had-ets-surgery-for-blushing-and-this-is-the-result-i-got-from-it/). I basically have mentioned all kinds of side effects different people have claimed came from the surgery, and I made the topic because I wanted a greater understanding of them (and also see if the horror stories about all kinds of different terrible side effects are common). No one has commented yet. Probably because it is a lot of questions I guess (Feel completely free to whether you want to comment there or not, of course). Some side effects I was wondering specifically about in your case:

-   The dry hands. How bad is it. Is it effecting your every day life somehow? I don´t no if you have tested this, but like holding hands with a girlfriend, giving a massage or whatever. Would she even notice the dry hands? Are they so dry that it would make the experience unpleasant for her?

- Are you experiencing dry face and arms as well? If so, how bad is it? 

- Is the CS ruining any part of your life? Is summer, or going on holiday to a warm country, difficult now? For feeling overheated or having to change shirts often because of sweating? 

- I read about a man finding it hard to cuddle with his girlfriend after the surgery because the CS would make the bed or sofa completely wet from sweat. Would you say the CS will make this a possible scenario for you as well, or is the CS a lot less than this?

cheers

hey guys - first post.  had kprf for coming up to 10 years.  I won't go into how it's effected me, as we all know it's debilitating.  browsed various forums for years, never really took part in them apart from reading.  only found this one on a search on Google.  To the original poster - I had ETS beginning of 2015, and I'm sorry to say it didn't work for me.  Had it done privately which cost around 4£G.  ouch.  I still flush, but I don't regret the surgery - as I don't sweat out of my head at all now (apart from gustaory sweating), whereas it used to be buckets!   but no, I don't think there is any beneift in flushing for kprf unfortunately.   the few weeks post op I thought there was some beneift, but that was short lived to about a month or two.  Before surgery I expected no matter how I was feeling in my head stressed/upset etc - I wouldn't be physically able to flush after the ETS ; sadly that is not the case.  Sorry if I've dashes any hopes, it might work for you.  but maybe I've saved you some pennies.  I hope to use this forum in future.  People just don't seem to talk on the rosacea forum :S

ETS is surgery to cure blushing, I'm surprised your surgeon let you go ahead if you suffer from flushing x

Blushingman, I've had ETS and i am over the moon with my results. Let me try and answer some of your questions based on my own personal experience.

Your question:

The dry hands. How bad is it. Is it effecting your every day life somehow? I don´t no if you have tested this, but like holding hands with a girlfriend, giving a massage or whatever. Would she even notice the dry hands? Are they so dry that it would make the experience unpleasant for her?

My answer: It is not bad at all, they still have the ability to sweat and go clammy when its warm etc. Its not effecting my daily life in the slightest. I'll take a photo of my hands to show you how they look from day to day. 

Your question:

- Are you experiencing dry face and arms as well? If so, how bad is it? 

My answer: I don't have a dry face and I haven't even looked at my arms since my surgery! No, they are not dry at all. I do still have the ability to sweat on my upper body, perhaps for some cases where they can't then they will have a different answer for you so thats something for you to consider and look further into perhaps. 

Your question:

- Is the CS ruining any part of your life? Is summer, or going on holiday to a warm country, difficult now? For feeling overheated or having to change shirts often because of sweating? 

My answer: The cs is not ruining any part of my life, at all! I have uploaded pictures of my top on my own post called 'my story' if you want to look at my cs at its worst and that was after exercise. I've also experienced 26 degrees and been fine sitting in the sun. Something else for you to consider, I didn't have sweating problems before my surgery so perhaps for people that did, they may experience more cs? I wear the same top all day, I can even wear a few layers and go out and about, it really doesn't trigger with me like that.  

Your question:

- I read about a man finding it hard to cuddle with his girlfriend after the surgery because the CS would make the bed or sofa completely wet from sweat. Would you say the CS will make this a possible scenario for you as well, or is the CS a lot less than this?

My answer: Cuddling does not make me sweat lol, nor does it make the bed or sofa completely wet. My cs is a hell of a lot less than this, surely this is someone who has had sweating problems before surgery and now that sweat has doubled up or perhaps they have lost the ability to sweat in more areas than me. I know some can't sweat under the arm pits too, for me this is not the case and again I uploaded a picture of that. 

Hope this helps, I'm just 1 case out of thousands but thats my honest answers x

Hi Befree :)

I am actually aware of your success story, having read through most posts on the esfbchannel I have also come across yours. I do appreciate you coming with further information though, which get in to more detail about the side effects. But I must add, out of all the posts I have been through, both on this site and others, your story is one of the most successful ones. Both when it comes to curing blushing and not getting severe side effects. Just the simple fact that you have the ability to get clammy hands when it is warm is a rare thing. Most people I have read about are not able to sweat from above the nipple area at all (except when eating = gustatory sweating), and therefore also can get a problem with for instance a dry face. So I must take in to consideration that I can get worse side effects than what you are describing, since you seem to be one of the rarer cases. Of course it is the hypothesis that people being happy after the surgery aren´t writing about it online, they just get on with their life. So then again, there may be a lot more success stories we just have not heard about. Anyway, I am glad you have got such a great result and it is nice of you taking the time helping others with their concerns. 

I am wondering if you saw my 2 original questions in this topic (last paragraph in the first post)? It has to do with how the FB appears on my face (just the cheeks, and also that it can stay like that for many minutes. It isn´t just a "normal kind of blush", where the whole face gets red and then the color disappears after a few seconds). Did you have FB like mine before the surgery? If not, what kind of FB did you have? 

No problem blushingman, to be honest there aren't enough people coming back to tell their story unless somethings gone wrong and they weren't happy with the results. 

The only reason I'm coming back is to tell my success story and to show that it's not all negativity with this surgery, I just wish other people would come forward after their surgery too but I guess if they are happy and don't really care to tell their story then they won't come back on. 

With the blushing, it all depended on the situation. As soon as I had eye contact with someone I would blush but also if they spoke to me after that then my blushing would remain. It would calm down once interaction stopped but the minute they spoke to me again it would instantly be back. It was horrendous and so humiliating, I used to feel like I was a child and just couldn't hold a conversation and would avoid every single situation. Even walking down the street, if I passed someone I would blush and they could have been on their phone unaware of me! I was bullied very badly at school and I think that's where my problems with interaction began. 

So, yes I had blushing for a few seconds in passing someone on the street etc but then I also had continuous blushing where it would calm down after a few minutes and then trigger even quicker until I removed myself from that situation. I'd be on edge until I went home. When I picked my children up from school I used to dread it. Stood there with all the other parents that seemed so confident all the time and talking in groups, that triggered my blushing off with eye contact and then it would linger and get stronger and more red the more people that surrounded me and spoke to me until I left. 

For me ets has totally changed my life and I can now do things like stand in a queue in the shops and not panic, even if I see someone I know. I stand right at the front when I pick my children up for school, I don't hide away now, there is no need to. 

I managed to go to Lapland at Christmas, it was just a day trip but my husband and 2 of my children had to sit 5 rows back from me and my other child and I did it all on my own. I had a complete stranger sitting next to me and spoke to her quite a few times and I spoke to the air hostess. It's things like that, no matter how small that make my life so much easier now. 

I know the majority of stories are negative but I truly believe the positive stories just don't bother now. It is so sad when I do come on and read all the negative stories and it makes me not want to come back and defend myself that ets can work. If I didn't come back though then I wouldn't be passing my story into others who are now struggling. It's not all bad, ets can and did work for me . 

Befree; Awesome! To sum it up:

Original question 1:I didn´t find a response to that (?)

Original question 2: You could have FB for some seconds, and also for many minutes when being in the "situation". But your cheeks/face never remained flushed for many minutes after you got away from the situation (?)

Question 1, I blushed in the cheeks and around my chest/neck so the answer would be no to this

question 2, after I came away from the situation once my nerves calmed down then I'd feel as though I wasn't blushing but I can't be sure because I didn't look in a mirror. I'd say no more than a few minutes 

Hi !

It has become somewhat a mission for me, being a part of influencing surgeons/doctors/scientists to finding new solutions for FB. I am convinced that with todays technology and how much we now know in medicine, it shouldn´t be difficult finding better solutions than what is available today.

Have you ever take taken initiatives in that way ? Otherwise, what kind of initiatives are you thinking about ?

Best regards

blushingman:

no i don't think i'm more red after the surgery - but just as red as before.  don't feel the upper body getting hot, just sweat from upper body instead

dry hands - bearable.  just use moisteriser.  face is mostly dry, arms - no difference

don't really have a life - it's pretty much already ruined, but i prefer the CS to sweating from my head

from rdusseau's post, what kind of initiatives are you thinking about?

Befree:

i know there is a difference between blushing and flushing - but anything to cut down any chance of redness is good for me!  i probably did blush, but going red 24/7 - the lines get blurred!  in my experience, many doctors don't distinguish between b and f simply because they themselves don't have the problem!

rdusseau:

That is some great questions. I am glad that you are pushing me on this, and not just taking my word for it :) 

First I have to say that the acknowledgment for myself, about that finding new cures for FB and facial redness is essential, is relatively new. It has been a long "journey" over many years reading up on all kinds of possible solutions, and then trying them out (List about things I have tried in the original post), only to over and over being disappointed about not having successful results. For instance, dermatologist claim that they are able to remove most blood capillaries in the face, so I was sure this would be possible. I have been to different clinics, tried 3 different types of lasers (IPL, Vbeam Perfecta and Cutera Excel V) over about 8 sessions. I even travelled to an other country with the sole purpose of seeing a dermatologist that didn´t use lasers, but a needle he put through the skin and then heated it up, which in theory is suppose the destroy the blood capillaries in the face (VeinWave-treatment). The only thing available I have not tried yet is the ETS-surgery, because of the fear of the side effects. Also, I might try Botox if I find a dermatologist who believe he/she can stop flushing and blushing with it. The reason why I have not done this yet is because it isn´t a normal practice among dermatologists, and also I have not read about a single person having good results from it after trying it for facial blushing or flushing. 

So, now I am on to making some kind of impact on starting to do more research on the subject, with the intent of finding new and more effective cures. I can´t claim to have done too much of this yet, one of the reasons being that I am not sure how I can make a great impact. I am not myself in the healthcare/medical field, so it isn´t something I am going to research myself. A big question to answer is: Who decides what to research in medicine? In countries in Europe I think research is mostly stately funded. Explaining the problem to people in the decision making here, especially pointing out the ethical incentive (see my original post for explanation). In the US I think research mostly is privately funded, so here it might be a good idea reaching out to medical corporations pointing out the magnitude of this problem and focusing on the economical incentive (see original post for explanation). One idea is of course gathering people ourselves who wants to research this, and funding it ourselves (Gathering capital from everyone who want to invest in it, and making the research with the up coming cure a business for the owners ). I suspect this will require a lot of capital, so getting an already established corporation to do research on this I think is a heck of a lot easier.

I have over the years asked the different doctors (dermatologists/surgeons) I have seen if there can be other more effective solutions or if more research are being done on the field. I have not got much positive information from this. For one thing the doctors doing the procedures aren´t also involved in research as well (at least not the ones I have talked to). Also, the doctors often defend their own procedure, simply because it is what is known to them. It is like if you go to a butcher asking for health advice. He might be a good person and have pure intentions, but he is only going to recommend different kinds of meats, just because that is what he is selling. But if you go to a dietitian he might recommend something that is a much better solution, like eating more fish, vegetables, etc. I find the doctors are more like "butchers" in this metaphor, and what we need is a "dietitian"

Even though medicine isn´t my own professional field, I do try to stay up to date with the latest researches, findings and solutions. Something that is very interesting now a days, and that only has existed a few years, is using nano technology in medicine. Especially when combining it with bio- or gene technology. The last couple of years they have managed to cure cancers in new ways (targeting just the cancer cells, and not the entire body and all the healthy cells, which todays standard treatments do) and also got paralyzed people to walk again. What is interesting in this case is that the reason they are paralyzed is because of nerves in the back that are destroyed, and the solution with nano technology is  creating an environment which nerves wants to grow (and therefore they regrows). Like I have said, I am not a doctor myself, but this sounds a lot like they also should be able to regrow the nerves of the people who are very unsatisfied with the ETS-surgery. Also, with this kind of technology I find it hard to understand how they shouldn´t be able to better target the nerve that causes blushing, and/or using the technology to targeting and destroying blood capillaries in the face.

These were some of the thoughts I have for now. Perhaps you or others have more information to add? :) 

mushroom_blush:

It is very sad to hear about how bad your life is because of this. This problem sure is a hell. For me, flushing has been the part of my problem I have managed to reduce the most. I probably get 50-70 % less daily flushes than what I did in the past (But my main problem is FB and the redness staying in “spotlight situations”, and that I have not found a cure for).  Since I have some good results from curing flushing, I would like to share some strategies on this topic. You probably have heard of most of them already, and it actually has a lot to do with living a healthy life style, but nevertheless I think it is worth pointing them out:

-       Do 5-6 treatments with the Vbeam Perfecta laser. Make sure to be completely pale before starting with the procedures (not tanning for at least 6 weeks before). Wait 4-6 weeks between each session. Do not tan or be in the sun without sun tan lotion (Factor 30-50) while being in the process of having procedures done. 

-       Stay hydrated throughout the day, Drink at least 4-5 liters (over 1 gallon) of clean water (water only, coffee doesn´t count for instance). 

-       Make sure to integrate oils in your daily diet. Virgin olive oil over dinner, daily omega3 supplements, virgin coconut oils in smoothie, etc.

-       Make sure your face is not too dry. Use a simple body lotion, perhaps every night before going to bed. Buy one without perfume and parabens (If the skin hurts when applying it is not because of the cream, since it doesn´t contain anything to irritate the skin. It is a sign of that your skin is too dry. Use A LOT of cream in these cases).

-       Do not shave using razorblades, but use an electrical razor.

-       Do not get sunburnt. I have found it good to tan every week, like in a tanning bed (not to get a dark skin, but for the health benefit). But I never get burnt, and in the beginning I just did like 5-10 minutes a week, because of my fair skin. Now I do like 15-20 minutes per week. 

-       In winter, especially when the temperature is below 0, use scarfs etc. to cover your face/cheeks. If you have to be in the could for a long time without being able to use scarfs, use cold cream.

-       Exercise regularly (Workout 3-5 times a week, running, weight lifting, sports, etc).

-     Eat "clean". Avoid "crap" foods. Especially sugar, like candy and soda. 

Hope this could be of some help :)