Sign in to follow this  
Mel212

Hyperhidrosis feet hands and underarms

Hi just thought I'd do a post about what I've tried for hyperhidrosis. I have  hyperhidrosis hands feet and underarms. However a roll on called drysol helps my underarms but not anywhere else. I'm obviously bothered about my feet certain things I can't do but its easy to hide so it's really my hands that bother me more. I've tried Botox on hands, creams and other roll ons, propranolol, Iontophoresis, robinul all which didn't help. I've now been put on oxybutynin hydrochloride tablets. Has anyone tried this I've been on these for over a week with no sign of any changes anyone had any good results. Any advice needed thanks.

Hi Mel.  I've replied in another thread re ETS.  As far as oxybutynin goes, I found it fairly effective for compensatory sweating, but the side-effects were just too much for me.

I'm sorry to hear you've not had any luck with the other treatments.  The best anti-perspirant I've found is Odaban, but to be fair this is similar to Drysol.

Re iontophoresis, did they use robinul in the tap water?  This approach is supposed to increase the effectiveness.