Sign in to follow this  
Mel212

Any good ETS surgeons in England Northwest

Hi.  I would be very careful regarding ETS personally (speaking as someone of experience!).  If you do some thorough research and reading you will find that there can be as many negatives as positives with the procedure.  Of course it is entirely your choice, but again just be careful and give it as much thought as possible would be my advice.  Best of luck.

I'm just stuck at the moment as what to do! I wanted to speak to a surgeon and see what they had to say. But I've been looking for alternate medication I just can't seem to decide on what to do or take. I want to try medication but I still want to feel myself. I am going to my doctors and going to have a talk with them see what they decide.

That sounds very sensible to be honest.  There are some members of this site who have had good results with ETS for hyperhidrosis and / or blushing.  I had mine for hyperhidrosis, so I cannot comment on ETS for blushing, but if it's hyperhidrosis that you are considering it for there are many things to consider:

- ETS involves the cutting or clamping of nerves.  This can result in dry palms after years of wetness, which sounds fantastic (this was the case for me).  However, the nerves that they cut or clamp (and bear in mind, even though clamping sounds safer because they can be removed theoretically, in reality a lot of people find that even after the clamps have been removed the nerves never fully recover) control so much more than just excessive palm sweating.  I have found myself since the ETS unable to sweat through my underarms, face, forehead, scalp and neck (not just palms, which are also freakishly dry - like, you run on a treadmill for an hour and there's next-to-nothing there!).  Been unable to sweat through all these 'natural' areas has really left me feeling screwed up.  Temperature regulation is nearly impossible and just a horrible nightmare.
- When you have ETS, you are very, very likely to get compensatory sweating, such as on the back, stomach, chest of legs.  I have it on all of these areas and it's horrendous.  Imagine been so dictated to and controlled by CS and it deciding what you wear, what colours etc all the time.  I used to love summer even with wet hands.  Now I despise it.
- Once the nerves have been cut or clamped, there is basically no way to go back.  I have spent thousands over the last decade trying to help the nerves heal (e.g. acupuncture, herbs, nutrition etc), but nothing.

As difficult as things might seem at the moment, believe me - they can get much worse.  There are some great non-surgical options out there, and I feel that's the way to go if it's for hyperhidrosis.  These include:

Botox
Iontophoresis
Oral meds
Topical meds

Like I said, please give it all a tremendous amount of thought, and good luck.