liss

having ETS surgery for facial blushing in New York

Hello, I just created an account today february 28 2016. I'm a spanish 25 female lady.

Sorry if you see grammar errors.

I am so happy because I will finally be able to have surgery done for facial blushing after dealing with this desease for more that 7 years now. Since I was 19.

The only reason of this post is to keep you updated of my process. I live in new jersey and I will be having surgery in new york.

I already talked to the doctor and he saw my chest neck and face go bright red.so, he knows I need the surgery asap. Please feel free to ask me any questions you might have. Doctor told me to wait a month for the insurance to accept the surgery. I'm hoping they don't reject the surgery.

I will start to record videos of my before life and after. Hopefully I find support in this website because to be honest I'm scared to death of the negative side effects. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Edited by liss

Hi liss and welcome,

yes its a good place to talk to people in the same boat, and we can all relate.

good luck with the surgery i think its normal to be scared as its an operation... Anybody would be.

i would take it in a heartbeat because the pros outweigh the cons for me.

keep us updated and if you have any more questions please ask

Hi, welcome to the group. I had ets surgery 6 months ago and it's the best deduction I've ever made. It's not just the blushing that's gone but also the whole feeling/build up before it happens. I feel much calmer now.

Good luck and please keep us updated with your progress :)

Omg! You make me so happy with your comment. I will be praying for this 28 days to go fast. I can not deal with my facial blushing anymore and this wait for the surgery will be longer. I have noticed sweating on my feet now more than before. 

Maybe is because I'm anxious about the surgery. At work is a night mare. I don't want to go to my lunch break any more.that 30 minutes lunch break is the worst 30 minutes of my day. 

Hopefully this will get to an end soon and I will be able to finally enjoy my life daughter and husband. God bless you!

Liss i am so happy for your decision, i am in Chicago and am thinking about it. I am 33 female and would also enjoy my life. I struggle for approx 18 years i think it is enough just have no guts to finally schedule an appointment with surgeon ?

Hey Didi I think is the best decision because I have tried everything from medications to makeup and nothing have worked. Back in 2014 I though about suicide but then I got pregnant and I had a reason to live. Believe me it's hard. This has taken my life away. It got to a point that I dont want to go out to enjoy my social life and I gave up on everything. I finally made the appoinment and to this point my husband had no clue about it. My appointment for evaluation was feb 25 and I had to tell my husband the night before crying. He told me I was so silly but he kind of understand me. That was the first time I told my husband about this problem. I feel so much better now that I told him because he supports me. I recorded the conversation with the doctor and everything went so smoth. I hope you take the decision too because I believe it's our last resource. God bless you!!!

Thank you so much for sharing your story, it surely will help everyone here. I'm hoping the insurance will cover this for you. I am feeling very deflated myself, just met with an ETS surgeon who pretty much told me I'd have a droopy eye if I did it and to give up the hope. Prescribe me more medications and I thought And I thought I might be scheduling a surgery date today. Ha! I'm so disappointed. So I am looking for surgeons names who are confident in their abilities in this area and have a good track record. I am tired of running into people who tell me to just build up some confidence. Who is your surgeon? Good luck and keep us posted.

We understand. 

Omg I feel bad for you. I will be having surgery with dr. Lyall. He is great, as soon as he saw my face go bright red he told me "we will take care of you" which was a big relief for me. He only mention the sweating as the negative side effects so hopefully it wont be as bad as people think

I've just read my comment back and it should say decision not deduction haha auto correct! 

I think its good to try and cover up with make up etc first but deep down nothing can stop that horrible build up coming before a blush. You'll know exactly what i mean. 

As for the side effects, I'm only 6 months post op but everything is going fine. Nothing thats bothering me at the moment and i would do it all over again. 

Good luck and keep us posted :) 

Lol I just noticed the spelling. Yeah, nothing can make me feel better. I will have faith that everything will come out just fine with the surgery. Where did you have your surgery done befree?

I had my surgery done in the UK, I spent a lot of time researching the best surgeon and also looking at the patients feedback and finally found the right surgeon for me. He has done wonders for me and I can never be thankful enough :) 

Oh my God I dont know what im gonna do with my life. My insurance does not cover the surgery. I was so happy that I was finally be able to get my life back. there is no more hope for me not anymore :( 

Oh no. :(  It's so expensive, I am so sorry! Keep thinking, is there a way? Can you save up? Do you have other insurance provider options? Like can you switch providers? Who do you have now? Can you follow up with your insurance provider and do some double checking? Don't lose hope! 

There is no more hope. My eyes are swelling because I have been crying since I read the letter. I could save money or pay monthly payments but my husband doesnt want to. I feel more alone than before. He just dont understand what I gi through everyday. He wants us to keep praying to God so he cures me but my faith is not as strong as his. I have united healthcare as my provider. The most expensive one but they have exclusions and this surgery is one of them. Im done with my life

Oh no liss! Please don't lose hope. Is there someone you can reach out to for support, someone you can talk to? That feeling of complete hopelessness is aweful, please know you will work through this and find an answer to help you continue. Hang in there!

There is nobody to talk to because nobody will understand me unless they are going through the same thing. The only person I think is dr. Gorenstein but what can he do? Im thinking about quiting my job and stay home for few months. All my hopes were here waiting for the insurance to say yes and continue with the surgery but no. They denied and all my hopes had vanished. I feel like im walking, living, breathing, for no reason. The only reason to keep me stand is my daughter. Other than that, im done with this miserable life im living

It's such a lonely place to be. I am so sorry you are feeling so hopeless. Please reach out and find support. A psychologist could help you to sort through your thoughts and feelings, and don't lose hope of bettering the blushing, you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Please take care of yourself, you are worth it. Do it for your daughter if nothing else.

Hi Liss,

Sorry to hear this and also with your husband not wanting to pay the money back in installments. Why don't you come up with a savings plan, find out the total cost of the surgery and put so much money a month away and have a date in mind as to when you should have reached your target. At least then you know you will be a lot closer to having the money ready. Even if it takes a year or 2 to save up you will have light at the end of the tunnel and money upfront so your husband can feel more at ease x

Thats a clever idea befree, I will try to appeal (dr. Gorenstein people are going to help me out) if I do get a no as an answer again. Then, I will start saving like you said. I dont care if I have to get a second job just to pay for the surgery(if I have to do it I will) thanks for your support.