Befree

My story

Hi befree

I'm a week on from my ets and things are great as regards to walking around bumping into people going to the shop etc.but i still get  so nervous thinking about going out for meals being with family and friends.

Just wondering how you first coped with ur first big social outing.

I'm thinking cbt would be so much more benifical now as it is all in my head now and not physical.

On 14/09/2017 at 0:10 PM, bobby said:

Hi befree

I'm a week on from my ets and things are great as regards to walking around bumping into people going to the shop etc.but i still get  so nervous thinking about going out for meals being with family and friends.

Just wondering how you first coped with ur first big social outing.

I'm thinking cbt would be so much more benifical now as it is all in my head now and not physical.

I can;t believe you have not had any increased sweating, brilliant! seems like the perfect outcome :P

Same deal! Basically a prisoner before surgery. Low paying night shift with a diminishing social circle. Clonazaphram helped a lot to actually get through school. Since the surgery I was able to get a good paying office job and lead meetings when required. This surgery actually let me start living. It's so hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel living with facial blushing. It was just awful 

Hi everyone ? 

Hope you’re all well ?

Been on a 5k walk today and quite a mild day (baring in mind we had super cold -4 temperatures a week ago and today it reached 14 degrees) had my thick fleece lined winter coat on and no CS at all. I’m so used to it now that I knew it wouldn’t be a problem. 

Ill update more as the summer months approach and we’re back to Florida this summer so really looking forward to my second time (and comparison) there too ? 

No FB even when I blow my cheeks to make them red lol it’s amazing and I love it so so much ?

Be back updating soon as we’re now into April and the hotter weather will soon be with us.

Good luck to anyone having ETS and anyone that wants to ask me anything, please feel free ?

Update: 

Well heres me after going on holiday to Florida again this summer! I felt one time where I dripped sweat and we stood in Disney’s Hollywood studios watching toy story soldiers perform in the blazing hot mid day sun so that’s allowed right?! 

Other than that the whole holiday was ‘normal’ and to be honest I’d even go as far to say that it’s better than it ever has been before ets! But I’m trying to think back to before ets and this now seems the norm so perhaps I’m just used to it now! 

Going on holiday in an extremely hot and humid country again and feeling better than ever, coming home and having no facial blushing what so ever, feeling completely comfortable with myself...ets is a challenge and anyone that’s had it done will know that but once you get past that adjustment stage it feels like the norm! It really does! 

So I’m now just over 3 Years post surgery, can sweat under arm, head, neck, don’t blush, have gustatory sweating with lemon or spice but not noticeable and disappears in minutes, have a resting heart beat of 67bpm (right now) get CS in extreme heat or if I’m super stressed, hands clam up but I use moisturiser every day which is no different to before surgery, flushing seems limited now as oppose to more frequent soon after ets.

For anyone whose just had the surgery the best advice I can give you is give your body and mind time to adjust, your body will take at least 4-6 months to adjust and your mind even longer. The first thing that sets in is panic! But (although it’s easy for me to say now) try and let it pass, its just the initial shock more than anything and you need time to adjust. 

Not a lot to update really as everything is pretty much the same but on a better scale! I’ll update again soon and let you know how the next summer affects me ?

Glad to hear that you are still satisfied with your results!

It's interesting how the vast majority of ets testimonials on this forum seem to be positive. But if you go to the tapatalk forums, the majority of testimonials are very negative. Perhaps it's because a lot of people on tapatalk got the surgery a long time ago? Before the surgery was more "perfected"?

Bottom line is that statistics don't lie. And this study clearly shows that most blushers are satisfied with the surgery:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3244298/

Hello everyone 👋 

Just a quick update to say I’m fine 🙂 

We’ve got super hot weather here in the UK at the moment which is unusually hot for us. It reached 33 degrees yesterday and is strangely humid! I feel like I’m in Florida haha! 

Ive had building work going on in my garden and home since March, I’m able to confidently deal with the builders with no panicky feeling and no blushing! 

In fact I had problems with the first set of builders (very stressed as they wasn’t turning up but had been paid most of the money!) and I personally took it upon myself to sack them! There is no way on this earth I would have even interacted with them before ets!!! 

So ive not got a lot to update on that’s new news really, I’m doing brilliant and nothing has changed since my last update. I’m now in my 4th year after surgery. 

Hoping to book Florida again for next summer which is always a lovely reminder of my surgery given how busy, hot and interactive Disney world is! 😊

Hope everyone else is doing well x