Befree

My story

Ok so this week I've experienced pure blue skies and blazing sunshine, also very humid conditions. 

Put the 2 together and my back was wet when I was shopping and doing the school run, also my under arms and forehead. Bring the temperature up and humidity down and it doesn't have the same effect so it's definitely a trigger with both. 

Luckily we don't get humid weather too much in England, one day it was 95% humidity and very very muggy in the air but the clouds were dark and covering the sky so it wasn't as bad as the day before with clear skies. 

Im assuming humidity is the number 1 trigger but even my children's hair was wet after walking home that day so again it's probably only doing it when it normally would have pre ets surgery. 

Just to add also, I never wear shorts, dresses, anything cool and summery unless I'm on holiday in another country. I'm always in jeans and a top and sometimes a cardigan and coat depending on the time of year. 

Im guessing when we go to America with their humid sunny weather it will feel like it did one day this week here in England, we'll see....

still extremely happy with my results and still very calm with no episodes of blushing yet, I have not felt that horrible burning feeling in my face since I had the surgery. 

Also my heart rate is 65 bpm today, it has dropped since my surgery but it was out of control before, always on edge and panicking with a racing heart! 

Unless something takes me by surprise I will update my next post after my trip to America ?

Something else I want to add, the fight or flight mechanism! Having the surgery has calmed me and my nerves down tremendously but if a loud noise happens unexpected for example, I still jump out of my skin! I think its helped me control my nerves around people brilliantly and I can still cry just as much with proper tears and get excited just as much with butterflies in my stomach! 

Im guessing when we go to America with their humid sunny weather it will feel like it did one day this week here in England, we'll see....

still extremely happy with my results and still very calm with no episodes of blushing yet, I have not felt that horrible burning feeling in my face since I had the surgery. 

Also my heart rate is 65 bpm today, it has dropped since my surgery but it was out of control before, always on edge and panicking with a racing heart! 

Where and when are you headed to the States?

So glad to hear that you are still pleased with the results. I wonder when one can official say "this is my new normal", or is it forever changing?!

Grest news on the heart rate.

Just over 5 weeks time and we will be there, so excited! 

I think it's been changing slightly for me every now and then. Like today I noticed I had goosebumps on my right arm but nothing at all on my left. 

During winter I didn't notice any on my right arm. 

Every time I am in a situation where I'd normally blush I smile and it makes me feel good, it's another reminder why I had this surgery and the so far 'minor' side effects are definitely worth putting up with ?

How are you feeling? X

Just over 5 weeks time and we will be there, so excited! 

I think it's been changing slightly for me every now and then. Like today I noticed I had goosebumps on my right arm but nothing at all on my left. 

During winter I didn't notice any on my right arm. 

Every time I am in a situation where I'd normally blush I smile and it makes me feel good, it's another reminder why I had this surgery and the so far 'minor' side effects are definitely worth putting up with ?

How are you feeling? X

That's exciting, where in the states are you headed?

Hopefully the long term changes are only improvements (nerves reconnecting) but of course not enough for the blushing to start again.

I'm not really a goosebumper per say, so I can't say if I can or can't at this point.

Such a great result for you, do you every worry though that things could change? That's my biggest challenge right now, worrying about the unknown future problems.

I'm doing alright, thanks! Headed over to update my thread now. :)

I'm not worried about any changes now, I was petrified at the beginning but even the changes I'm getting now are only minor and don't really bother my every day life (I only notice things because I'm looking for them) 

My biggest fear was a droopy eye and also the CS but now I've experienced all different seasons I'm feeling really relaxed about the CS, its not something that triggers much, only when I really over do it or if its so hot and humid but I guess thats like everyone else who hasn't had ETS. I'm really baffled as to why I can sweat on my head and whole upper body though, I haven't read 1 case yet that has had this. Sometimes I wonder did the surgeon not fully cut the nerve but surely if he didn't go right the way through it then by blushing wouldn't have stopped. Its something that I'd love to know the answer to but have yet to find another ETS patient the same. 

I'm glad you're doing well and that you really tested yourself at work. Its one thing at home thinking has it worked or not but it really shows when you are out of the house and forced into situations you just can't walk away from, thats when the penny really drops if its worked or not. 

We are going over to New york for a few days and then Florida. It will be a massive tester for me with the heat and CS and also the huge crowded places so I'm looking forward to reporting back on that one xxx

So interesting, I hope to be the other ETSer that eventually has head sweating too. ;) It certainly helps with temperature regulation. I am hoping my "sleep sweating" will simmer down a bit as things level off, it's pretty sticky and annoying. 

New York will be a fantastic tester, very similar to my current conditions in Boston. And Florida will be very telling! Excited for you, have fun and I'm looking forward to your update!

Hi everyone, not been on for a few weeks. Hope all is well :)

I went shopping yesterday and was in the queue, the lady being served was so slow and hadn't packed her items into her bag before the shop keeper started scanning mine! By the time the lady had moved and all my items were unpacked, the shop keeper was ready for me to pay. Queue behind me and I was rushing so much! I quickly paid, put a few items in my bag, took my change and tried to pack the remaining items as fast as i could. Major (pre ets) trigger at this point. I would have done something stupid like drop my change or something to add to the stress! Anyway everything went smoothly and the second I got out of the shop I took a photo of my face, PALE!!!!!!! Not a single sign I was rushing etc I couldn't believe it! I'm still absolutely amazed with my surgery and its times like that, when you are forced into situations you can't control that this surgery really shines through! 

Anyway I found a few pictures from pre ets and some I took today. The zoom is terrible, I've tried to crop my baby out of 1 and obviously not give my identity away, hope you get the idea anyway and can see some improvement....

IMG_2690.JPG

You must be heading on your trip soon. Really looking forward to your feedback on how things go. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Thanks for the pictures, what a difference! It's lovely to hear that your blushing is gone. Gone forever. What a relief. Happy trails!

Thanks Liss ? We go to America in 4 days time, eek it's hot here today but its forecast 35/36 degrees over there and much more humid. 

Today I was fixing my little girls wardrobe doors (hubby still not done them!) and when I'd finished my head was damp again in both sides. Very confusing why this is happening but I'm so glad it does. I'm thinking it will do it much more when we are away. 

Will update good or bad when we go on holiday, will be a real tester. Hope you're ok ? Xxx

32 degrees here in the uk and oh my god it's hot! Wet on my head, clammy in my neck and wet on parts of my back walking in it (pure sunshine and blue skies) dried up when I came inside and had a glass of water within 10 minutes. 

Want to also add, was wearing jeans and a top today, I don't get my legs out unless I'm on holiday ????

Problem? Not at all and it doesn't feel that much different to previous hot hot summers, wetter yes....but not bothersome ???

and still no blushing ????

Edited by Befree

Been to New York, 36 degrees, now in Orlando and it's been between 34 degrees and 37 degrees. This is probably the hottest I'll ever experience and I can sweat everywhere, not drip, not uncontrollably, just natural. 

This forum isn't for me. I've had successful ets and I haven't lost the ability to sweat anywhere and I'm finding it very difficult to stay here so good luck everyone, find a good skilled surgeon and do your research. Ets can and does work. I'd advise to ask your doctor for contacts of patients, don't come onto forums because it's not giving you a realistic view, far more unsuccessful patients here and I'm just not willing to 'compete' or be knocked down anymore, perhaps if my surgery went wrong then I'd be more accepted here. Perhaps it's bitterness from a few....it won't bring me down, I'm happy with my results. Good luck to future ets patients. 

Wonderful update, so happy for you Befree.

I think I'll be joining you in leaving this forum soon, I absolutely understand why many ETS successes aren't heard from again on here as it's difficult to come back and be bashed, doubted, and to have your successes downplayed since "things could still change for the worse".

As much as I'd love to stay and be helpful and supportive to those who need it, it's not beneficial to me and my recovery to deal with the negativity some people continue to provide. 

Best of luck to you and enjoy your ETS success!

Been to New York, 36 degrees, now in Orlando and it's been between 34 degrees and 37 degrees. This is probably the hottest I'll ever experience and I can sweat everywhere, not drip, not uncontrollably, just natural. 

This forum isn't for me. I've had successful ets and I haven't lost the ability to sweat anywhere and I'm finding it very difficult to stay here so good luck everyone, find a good skilled surgeon and do your research. Ets can and does work. I'd advise to ask your doctor for contacts of patients, don't come onto forums because it's not giving you a realistic view, far more unsuccessful patients here and I'm just not willing to 'compete' or be knocked down anymore, perhaps if my surgery went wrong then I'd be more accepted here. Perhaps it's bitterness from a few....it won't bring me down, I'm happy with my results. Good luck to future ets patients. 

nice!! Enjoy your holiday. Thanks for all the info you gave me. Lol before you logout can you just answer me again a question that i already asked. When it's so hot, or you're exercising, what kind of flush do you get? Is it just like normal pinkish, not like full on red?? Peace

FedUp77 and Befree: I understand that you do not wish to stay much on online forums. I do hope however that you do not completely forget about this forum, and maybe just give a quick update on how it goes like every 6 months or so. Wish you all the best as you go out living your life to the fullest! :) 

With love, blushingman

Thanks for your understanding everyone, I was on holiday and reading notifications and just had to log off for a while! 

So the hottest it got to was 38 degrees. I'm so pleased I could experience the heat and humidity over there and really put this to the test. 

I was sweating on my back, neck, head, legs, stomach, basically all over! My back, stomach and thighs were different from how I'd be before ETS so I was definitely sweating more in those areas but overall it was fine. There was a 55 minute queue where we had to stand in the blazing sun for over 30 minutes and my back did drip 3 times, obviously it would have landed on my shorts waistband and it wasn't something that bothered me, more something I noticed. People were all wet through, ladies and men had set backs, foreheads etc so you can understand how hot it was and what circumstances it's took for my body to react like that. 

As for my flushing, before ETS when I had a shower my face was bright red, like seriously I would not have opened the door to anyone and wanted to sit in the dark, excersise not so much at all xxx

I live "there" and it's been sweaty weather! I seem to have the same sweating pattern as you do, minus the head sweating. I'm definately sweatier now than before, upper and mid back and cleavage area can drip rather profusely. But...I'm relatively dry when the weather is not so dang hot. 

Interesting about the flushing improving over time. I still flush the same, maybe I'll get lucky with that too soon? We shall see.

So glad you enjoyed your trip and life is treating you well, thanks for the update!