MichaelJ

Exercise post-ETS

I am a very fit 30 year old and probably going to have ETS soon for FB.  I was wondering, for the other athletic patients out there, how significantly did ETS affect your ability to stay fit and healthy?  I know it will be hard or impossible to have the same level of workout post ETS, but i'm very curious how much of an affect it really has?  I often do classes in a hot room like hot yoga, pilates, etc.  Do you think this will be virtually impossible for me post ETS?  Is not sweating on your face and head very debilitating when exercising?

Thanks

Hi Michael.  Yes, I'd say it's had a very detrimental effect on my ability to exercise, for example you constantly feel like you're going to overheat.  It definitely holds me back in this sense, and I would strongly advise against the surgery.

Hi Michael,

I got ETS done in Toronto in 2001 at age 19 for severe facial blushing. I can't say I have noticed any detrimental effects on fitness capacity. Now 34, I run several times per week, go to the gym, bike all summer, etc. If anything, I've intensified my fitness routine in the post-ETS years. 

I am one of the "silent" success stories but have recently felt the urge to revisit the community.

Anybody—please feel free to contact me about ETS. Happy to provide details of my experience. Also, I live in Montreal - if anybody would like to connect, please reach out. 

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Michael,

I got ETS done in Toronto in 2001 at age 19 for severe facial blushing. I can't say I have noticed any detrimental effects on fitness capacity. Now 34, I run several times per week, go to the gym, bike all summer, etc. If anything, I've intensified my fitness routine in the post-ETS years. 

I am one of the "silent" success stories but have recently felt the urge to revisit the community.

Anybody—please feel free to contact me about ETS. Happy to provide details of my experience. Also, I live in Montreal - if anybody would like to connect, please reach out. 

Cheers,

Chris

hey chris, I sent you a private message BTW