redketchup

How anxious are you?

How anxious are you? I'm always anxious when I go out and there are other people around. I'm constantly saying to myself things like :

" Am I red as a lobster? ", " Do other people notice it ", " Do they think I'm painfully shy? ", " Do they think that I'm a freak? "... 

Am I the only one ?

RK

I would say its held me back and in some way ruined my life.I can't go on the bus by myself as i know i'll go bright red and have to get off the bus.

I've quit my job as of last year and am living with my girlfriend and dont think i'll work again.

If out  about i blush all the time,not just a faint blush but a full on facial blush.

I tried to avoid shopping on my own as standing in queues is hell and feel i have to escape as i can feel myself burning up.

Besides this i can have a laugh and joke when not in trigger situations.

Things have got worse as i've got older as heat and humid conditions cause me to go red as well.

Have you tried therapy? I used to be uncomfortable in buses but the more I took it, the less anxious I felt. I don't like queues also...  :wacko:

For me, it's getting easier as I grow up. Therapy has helped me so much. Good luck!

Jack  :D

Really, many problems disappear when you don't pay attention to them. Try to solve the problem. 

However, if you can't solve it, you should just change your attitude. Once you have changed your attitude, 

the people surrounding you will quit discussing it as well and notice your good personality traits. 

Wishing you good luck. 

Wordpress backup

Blushing for me was so debilitating, i suffered all my life with it,i used to think everything you think,...it's a dreadful phobia,and the ignorant people make it worse,it left me in my fifties, ..i am now living my life,never enters my head now,and i have no idea why...my heart goes out to blushers,but reremember this,..you are normal,it's just a horrible phobia, which can be reinforced by ignorant people!.

That is true, just to correct myself, blushing was still with me at 60,not now though,very,very occasionally,do i blush,..my heart goes out to

people with it,..looking back,that phobia had so much power over me!.