Sign in to follow this  
Pinker

Niacin

I can't say for sure that I have rosacea (my gp many years ago said I have mild rosacea). He gave me metrogel at the time which did nothing for the redness on my face. When I was in high school I had a very bad breakout on my face that looked like eczema / rosacea. Ever since then my cheeks and nose have had a red colour.

Anyway, on the advice of someone I tried niacin tablets which bring blood to the skins surface and produce a flushing effect. Since using it patches of my cheeks are not red any more, it's been a couple of months since I used it and they are still normal colour. I might buy another bottle and see if it works any further.

I ordered it from holland & barrett for 2 to 3 pounds.

Hope this is of use to someone.

Niacin is typically considered an aggravater of rosacea due to the side effects you mentioned. In fact, this is one of the main problems associated niacin therapy! If you find niacin to be beneficial for your skin, then you're very fortunate as few rosaceans can tolerate it. Additionally, niacin is considered to be very beneficial for keeping the good and bad cholesterol in check.

BB