Guest Tom

Botox treatment for Facial Blushing

Guest Tom

I've heard quite a bit about Botox treatments and how effective it is in treating Blushing. It showed some remarkable results in some people. However, I haven't been able to find anyone who specializes in this. Today I was searching the internet and I found a medical centre which does this procedure. It's the first time I've heard of anyone doing this. The last I heard they were still in trials. The only problem is that the place who does this is in Australia. It's a bit of a hike from where I live in Canada.

Anyway, I found the link really interesting. Here it is if you'd like to read about this treatment.

http://www.cosmeticmedical.com.au/proc/blush.html

If there was somebody who did this in Canada or the U.S. I'd definately give this a try. Does anyone know of anyone who does this?

I had it done a few years ago. For me it worked fantastically on blushing (but only blushing). I suffered no ill side effects. The positive effects lasted for around 6 months then wore off gradually. I had the treatment with Dr Patterson in the UK.

Regarding safety...

It seems that the procedure requires a particular technique. The methods used for the cosmetic procedure are not effective and very dangerous for blushing. Why? Because they take a dirty great needle and push it into muscles, paralysing them! The procedure I had involved a load of tiny pin pricks just into the skin. The drug just then diffused into the skin and never even came into contact with muscle (hence why my blushing so treated but no muscle paralysis).

I say this because Im certain some quack's offer this treatment using the cosmetic method and hence end up hurting people. If you go in for it, be sure that the doc is experienced in administering botox for this particular problem, ie, blushing and not just wrinkles.

In addition, there has been talk of botox via iontophoresis (transdermal application). However, I believe this remains theorectical as know one to my knowledge is using this technique on patients yet.

BB

I read that website, and this is the first time I saw iontophoresis (without the botox) mentioned for facial blushing. I just wonder if it would work? It seems like it would, as it reduces sweating. While it may not be something you want to do everyday, perhaps just before a big event.

Once I have a spare 4 grand sitting around, I thought I'd do the laser followed up with the botox by iontophoresis.

I wouldnt...

But I guess it depends on where you're coming from. If I were going to go down that route again, the botox would sort out the blushing at £250 twice per year. Then Id probably take four IPL treatments at the same each and see how I got on.

Absolutely no way would I give some doc four grand just to see if it worked.

Infact, I resent having to pay anything at all. Imo its absolutely insane that we should have to pay four figure sums for the mere chance to REDUCE our symptoms.

BB

Well, it wouldn't be four grand to the same doc. I got one of the best in the world who lives close by, and four a full set of treatments its $2000, I guess I didn't do the math, because at the most a botox treatment would cost $400 Right now I don't know anyone in the USA, so I'd probably fly to Scotland (another 600-1000 including a little sightseeing) where some people at the U of Edinburgh do it for sweating and blushing/sweating.

I would do the IPL first because the IPL would decrease the effectiveness of the botox. I have damage that needs to get fixed anyway, plus the IPL would shrink(or perhaps destroy the old ones and grow new ones that arn't damaged) the capilaries on my face.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum, but have been longtime lurker. I suppose like everyone I have good days, bad days and down right awful days! I'm very interested in the idea of using botox to treat blushing. Not so much as a long term solution, but using it as a way to 'retraining' myself to act in different ways in social/work situations etc.

I'd be interested to know Bob did you get it done in the UK?, also abacab do you have any more information on the Uni of Edinburgh, and what they carry out.

Cheers

Sorry to be a pain, but wondered could anyone shed more light on this. I've read through most of the other threads on botox, and was just looking for a tad more information - esp on the uni of Edinburgh stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

I would also be very interested in this whilst I am looking into other methods of control. I would be willing to pay 250 quid to give me 6 months of freedom from it. Bob Bear where did you have yours done?

Thanks

Sorry, I don't read the forum much. when I come I tend to check up on the same posts. If you want to find information on Botox by iontophoresis, go to pub med and type in those keywords, or try botox iontophoresis Hyperhidrosis, an article by Gina Kaveneau(sp?) should come up. All her contact information is in that article. I talked to her some years ago, and they were doing a study and also had some blushing type sweaters in it.

well ive started the ball rolling...

ive contacted Dr Patterson and he has confirmed he does it for £295 per session for facial blushing and flushing. I am in the process of getting more info. from him such as how many people he has treated, methods used, testimonials...

i will update as soon as i have updates..

Does Patterson deliver it by iontophoresis? I don't think the injections are the best way to deliver it due to side effects. Wasn't he the one who started that trial with the injections that ran into problems?

Does Patterson deliver it by iontophoresis? I don't think the injections are the best way to deliver it due to side effects. Wasn't he the one who started that trial with the injections that ran into problems?

No im pretty sure that wasn't him, and yes he does it by injection(tiny little pin pricks in the skin) so it wont get deep enough to the facial muscle.

Your man is Bob Bear on this one he knows, as he;s had it.

Do a search on previous posts etc......

Hi

I'm new to the forum and very interested in botox. Anyone know anything useful? Doesn't seem to be much info out there. If it's so good why isn't everyone on here doing it.

Also Dr Patterson - is that him at the Woodfold clinic? Typical if it is - I've just moved a mile from it to 300 miles!

If it's not him, any contact info appreciated.

Hi

I'm new to the forum and very interested in botox. Anyone know anything useful? Doesn't seem to be much info out there. If it's so good why isn't everyone on here doing it.

Also Dr Patterson - is that him at the Woodfold clinic? Typical if it is - I've just moved a mile from it to 300 miles!

If it's not him, any contact info appreciated.

It is Dr Paterson at the woodford medical practice who does botox by injection.

ok i talked to Patterson

hes treated 30 people with botox for blushing

1/3 - are happy

1/3 - see some improvement but not enough to repeat treatment

1/3 - see no results

i've got a consultation on Monday with Dr Patterson, i will update you with what he says

ok i talked to Patterson

hes treated 30 people with botox for blushing

1/3 - are happy

1/3 - see some improvement but not enough to repeat treatment

1/3 - see no results

i've got a consultation on Monday with Dr Patterson, i will update you with what he says

He is a pretty straight up guy when it comes to that kind of thing, in my experience at least. He told me after four IPL's that I probably should have any more. Then he offered to try me with botox for free, to see if it might help.

So I really cant say anything but good about him. I hope the treatment goes well for as it did for me!

BB

PS. I know he has finished his trial and no longer offers freebies! So please dont tell him I sent you there with the idea of getting a hand out :shock: