AndrewSco

Brimonidine

Has anyone ever used Brimonidine for flushing/base redness. I have been reading great success stories on other forums and have just been prescribed it today. Brimonidine is the main ingredient in the drug sansrosa which is currently being developed. I have been prescribed a 0.25 concentration. (used as eye drops usually)

This afternoon I put one drop mixed in with some moisturiser on my cheeks and within 30 minutes I was left with white patches on each cheek, where it was red before. I have attached the link to an article from a dermatologist discussing the use http://www.skinandallergynews.com/news/medical-dermatology/single-article/eye-and-nasal-drugs-tame-rosacea/097ef83fdb.html

After trying almost everything else i hope this finally helps !

I got a prescripton from doctor, so just pick it up from boots. I was told not to put it directly on to face and mix a few drops with lotion/moisturizer and then apply to flush zones. So far i am delighted with results.

Was it your NHS GP you went to? Did you ask for it or did he suggest it? Am keen to try it, but have had trouble getting my GP to prescribe certain stuff before, especially if it's off the label uses of different medicines, i.e recommended for one condition but not another.

This sounds very interesting. It seems like there are a few different types of these Brimonidine drops though. So basically you just mix the eyedrops with a facial cream and apply it to the face? also, is Alphagan what I should be looking for as suggested in the article? I think they sell this over the counter here in Canada so I will have a look.

Its pretty pretty pretty darn interesting. Strange this thread is not more active. Brimonidine is a generic of Alphagan so it doesn't matter. I just wonder how many drops to mix with the lotion....sick of self-medicating.

I still can't believe I just read this:

"For patients who are having a big problem with flushing [or] blushing, brimonidine [Alphagan] is a great drug. I use it routinely in my office," Dr. Guy F. Webster said at the annual Hawaii Dermatology Seminar sponsored by the Skin Disease Education Foundation.

I cannot find anything about the Alphagen gel online. Does anyone know if it has a specific name or where to find it? also, AndrewSco it sounds like you have the drops not the gel, what brand do you have specifically and how are the results so far?

grandmasterflush- I have been using a private gp and travelling through to Edinburgh for appointments, i also get IPL there. I was having no luck with my local NHS GP. Although it is not ideal, i have not had any problems having drugs prescribed for rosacea. I suggested the Brimonidine eye drops after reading up some reviews and it has so far been amazing results.

I have not read many reviews regarding the gel, although i am going to stick with the eye drops for now, due to the results.

I did not have time to apply the drops this morning before work and so ended up with a bad flush around 10 am. I noticed in the mirror so applied some drops then, mixed in with hand lotion. I checked my face again around 15 mins later in mirror and was shocked to see I had pale cheeks. I usually have a full on flush for at least 3 hours, so this was a big surprise.

Drewski the brand i currently have is Brimonidine 0.25% concentration.

i cant wait to try this... i dont have health insurance right now so getting a prescription is impossible. drs appts cost an arm and a leg in the us- no nhs here- so ive been looking to buy it online and cant find it anywhere without a rx. any suggestions? thank you

ive searched EVERYWHERE online...can anyone in the eu, canada or uk send me a bottle if i pay you on paypal? i will gladly test it out for everyone and keep a log to let you know how it works. i dont really have rosacea, just flushing blushing and splotches on neck and chest (from everything- heat, shower, anxiety, surprise, happy, sad, cry, self-conscious, EVERYTHING)

Please let me know if you have any suggestions! Sansrosa doesnt look like itll be ready any time soon, so lets just make our own solution.

AWESOME! it sounds like rosaceagroup has had really good success... is anyone able to post on there? for some reason, im having trouble posting. i just created an account this morning, thats probly why. Seriously, if anyone has an extra bottle or willing to split a bottle that would be amazing! I'm happy to send paypal. Alternately, has anyone ever ordered from those online pharmacies? I'm just afraid they wont send the real product and just send saline or something... Thoughts?!? How exciting! I think this is the most promising thing since I joined ESFB!

Hey all,

So I got Brimonidine 0.2% prescribed to me last week. So far I'm not really sure about the results, I can still feel myself flushing but I don't know if it is as visible. I can definately feel it on my cheeks when I apply it with a cream, it kinda does make them feel a little cooler. Will keep on with it and let you know how it goes.

i've actually been having really good luck with afrin lately. I have to put like 10 drops on my neck/upper chest--probably not that great for me--but its definitely cut down on splotchiness... it has to go on BEFORE you would get splotchy, but (and my splotchy flush is worse than my blushing) its working pretty decently. gives me some heartburn LOL but its a good experiment so far.