jarnapal

Cured ? I hope so.

This is a copy of a text I posted at http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/discussion2.asp?T=163#17818 few minutes ago ( but edited it for a bit )

Hello, My facial flushing went away overnight.

I was sufferer of facial flushing like you guys and found this "discussion" about a month ago. As I was so eager to find a solution to my facial flushing that came almost overnight, I knew that I will find the solution soon enough.

Today, I confirmed my no-flushing face as I went to the city and tried to talk with people (like shop keepers etc.). But besides not flushing I also didn't have racing heart. Like anxiety that makes heart race fast.

So, whats the solution ? IODINE!!!!!!!!! Why I started to flush ? Because I changed the salt I was using to a more "healthier" salt that included both potassium and sodium. So day before yesterday I had this idea to use salt which is iodized ( I used it before). I used that salt on every meal I had and just like magically I didn't have facial flushing from since next day. Too simple to be true ? Maybe but you have to try this out!

This made so much sense when I realized it. Iodine helps thyroid to produce essential hormones. These hormones that thyroid produces regulate our bodies functions and metabolism.. So deficiency in one of these hormones can make your body go out of control.

I really hope this helps. If not there is another theory of using magnesium and fish oil that I read from a blog of a facial flusher who also cured he's flushing with these two supplements. It didn't work for me but it sure has worked for lots of other people. But first, try the iodized salt as I am so eager to hear if it helps other. Also, who already uses iodized salt, tell me which kind of iodine it has in it. That healthier salt I started to use had also iodine in it but potassium iodine.

Thanks! Be well and happy.

Sounds a bit like a long shot to have flushing magically disappear from one day to another because you salted your food, but who knows. I'm pretty sure people will try it, think it works for a while and then they'll have a flushing episode and honeymoon is over. It usually goes like that. I hope not though.

Sounds a bit like a long shot to have flushing magically disappear from one day to another because you salted your food, but who knows. I'm pretty sure people will try it, think it works for a while and then they'll have a flushing episode and honeymoon is over. It usually goes like that. I hope not though.

I didn't expect this to change overnight too. I hope there will be enough people to provide feedback on this.

Where can i buy this salt in the UK?

Iodized salts are sold mostly in every shop where there is salt. There is iodine added or iodized written on the salt package. It should also work with iodine like Lugol's Iodine solution.

So a bit hope for flushers, but I guess not for blushers since blushing is a normal physical reaction and can never be cured. I mean, it would be kind of strange for people not to be able to blush. Walk around like Edward Cullen, all white in the face? :D

I have iodized salt all the time and have noticed not one iota of a difference like you have experienced.

I'll try this out, just to see what the skinny is..

But, flushing is different than blushing, walking down the street and meeting shop keepers and strange people then turning red, to me, is blushing, not flushing.

if I was too stand out in the wind, or eat a big spicy meal, that would be flushing...

I have iodized salt all the time and have noticed not one iota of a difference like you have experienced.

I'll try this out, just to see what the skinny is..

But, flushing is different than blushing, walking down the street and meeting shop keepers and strange people then turning red, to me, is blushing, not flushing.

if I was too stand out in the wind, or eat a big spicy meal, that would be flushing...

In this case I had both - blushing and flushing. When I sat in the bus and there was a girl sitting next to me, I would have had real trouble not to blush. It would be mental fight with myself to relax and keep my face normal.

Yesterday when I went to a city the bus was hot due to the heat wave we have in Estonia. We have 30 C/ 90F here, could be 50 C under the sun. So, you can imagine how hot there could have been in the bus. People were sweating, I was sweating but this time I was calm and my face did not turn red.

I also flushed. For example when riding with the bike. Do you ment these examples as blushing and flushing ? If yes then I did have both.

Also, as I said previously I used iodized salt too but it was Potassium iodine in that salt.

jarnapal, I am going to be honest, 95% of my brain say's it is bunch of bull, but there is 5% that is willing to give it a try because we are all looking for hope. I mean, there is nothing logical about it. I mean what you are recommending is ionized salt without potassium? Why without potassium? Why would it make a difference when I can eat a banana or avocado after eating the salt and I will get potassium in my system anyways?

It sounds too much of a miracle cure and I don't believe in miracles. It's simply too easy. I am not calling you a liar though, maybe for whatever reason it works for you, maybe it psychological even.

I have ionized salt and have always used that, but like you say there is potassium in it. Now I just got to find ionized salt without potassium.

What kind of brand do you use?

Anyways, thank you for sharing this information with us. Even if it doesn't work I think we all appreciate that people at least are trying.

If it is the potassium that is causing the flush, why not cut out on the potassium? What does it have to do with salt without potassium? Potassium has nothing whatsoever to do with blushing either. Maybe with flushing, but not blushing. That I am sure of. Blushing is a psychological reaction while flushing is a physiological reaction. Two entierly different things actually. When a flush occurs with a blush it is only the physiological reaction of a psychological reaction of the blush.

If it is the potassium that is causing the flush, why not cut out on the potassium? What does it have to do with salt without potassium? Potassium has nothing whatsoever to do with blushing either. Maybe with flushing, but not blushing. That I am sure of. Blushing is a psychological reaction while flushing is a physiological reaction. Two entierly different things actually. When a flush occurs with a blush it is only the physiological reaction of a psychological reaction of the blush.

No it's not the potassium. Actually I am supplementing potassium but it has nothing to do with my flushing/blushing ( I will call it blushing from now on)

And I am sorry if my explanation was misleading. Thing is there is language barrier for me.

I wanted to say that I started to use "healthier" salt which contained both sodium and potassium. It also had iodine in it but that was "potassium iodine". Thing is there are two different iodines put into the salts. Sodium- and potassium iodine. After I added my old salt back to my meals, blushing dissapeared.

I know it sounds like a "miracle". But how freaking(excuse me) hard is it to try it out ? It's not that the salt is costy...

I need some feedback on this as I have 2-3 other things to talk about.

"Blushing is a psychological reaction while flushing is a physiological reaction. Two entierly different things actually. When a flush occurs with a blush it is only the physiological reaction of a psychological reaction of the blush."

But they all can be triggered by the same cause. You can google about thyroid and facial flushing/blushing

I found this one: http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3747&sid=3b2b2e270eb946a40fa8ddcf132c6577

and from that thread http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?t=13113

All are thyroid related. Actually it put me thinking that blushers may have different problems with thyroid. One day when I didn't blush also occurred me. I met my old friend on sunny day. I thought I would turn red and have to find some good excuse for it. But I didn't start to flush. Before meeting my friend, I ate handful of brazil nuts. They have the highest selenium content which helps liver to convert one thyroid hormone to another which easily used by the body.

If you are not brain-washed by current medical situation that there has to be a pill taken for every problem then you can consider the fact that the slightest dietary change can affect your body.

Yeah, but fact still is that ALL people blush. It is not something you can prevent. It is not a physiological problem, but a psychological. You can not "cure" blushing. You can learn to stop obsessing about it and it will not be a problem, but everyone is able to blush. We are stuck in a catch 22. If you one day "cure" (it will only be called a cure if you think of blushing in terms of sickness which it isn't really) blushing physiologically, well then you will not be normal anyways because you have taken away something that is part of being human. The ONLY way to approch this thing is psychologically. I am a firm believer of that because let's face it, it is all in our heads. If we didn't care about blushing infront of others and care/obsess of their thoughts about us then it wouldn't be a problem. You can talk to 2-year old kids, horses and retards without blushing right?

It is not expensive to try salt, but I remain doubtful until tested.

So what salt do you use exactly? What in this salt would stop me from blushing and why can't I just go buy the thing at the pharmacy to stop me from blushing instead of eating salt?

I found this one: http://www.esfbchannel.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3747&sid=3b2b2e270eb946a40fa8ddcf132c6577

and from that thread http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_Forum/showthread.php?t=13113

All are thyroid related. Actually it put me thinking that blushers may have different problems with thyroid. One day when I didn't blush also occurred me. I met my old friend on sunny day. I thought I would turn red and have to find some good excuse for it. But I didn't start to flush. Before meeting my friend, I ate handful of brazil nuts. They have the highest selenium content which helps liver to convert one thyroid hormone to another which easily used by the body.

If you are not brain-washed by current medical situation that there has to be a pill taken for every problem then you can consider the fact that the slightest dietary change can affect your body.

Of this I agree. Much of it fits in with my "persona". Sweating, stress, high pulse and anxiety. Stress makes you much more prone to blushing, sure. So curing this thing won't cure blushing because it is not what is controlling the blushing phenomena anatomically, but it might cure the underlying factor, stress and heat sensation which can make you more prone to blushing. I don't think Thyroid is the only problem, but might be a part of it. It is interesting. I don't think eating salt would help though. One would have to take medication for Hyperthyroidism or remove the gland all togheter.

Thyroid hormone is critical to normal function of cells. In excess, it both overstimulates metabolism and exacerbates the effect of the sympathetic nervous system, causing "speeding up" of various body systems and symptoms resembling an overdose of epinephrine (adrenaline). These include fast heart beat and symptoms of palpitations, nervous system tremor such as of the hands and anxiety symptoms

So the question is, how to lower Thyroid hormone to see if it makes any difference? Medically it would be something like this... http://goldpharma.com/article/10264/lang/ENGLISH/t/tyreostatika/ Thyroid therapy - Propylthiouracil

Of this I agree. Much of it fits in with my "persona". Sweating, stress, high pulse and anxiety. Stress makes you much more prone to blushing, sure. So curing this thing won't cure blushing because it is not what is controlling the blushing phenomena anatomically, but it might cure the underlying factor, stress and heat sensation which can make you more prone to blushing. I don't think Thyroid is the only problem, but might be a part of it. It is interesting. I don't think eating salt would help though. One would have to take medication for Hyperthyroidism or remove the gland all togheter.

So the question is, how to lower Thyroid hormone to see if it makes any difference? Medically it would be something like this... http://goldpharma.com/article/10264/lang/ENGLISH/t/tyreostatika/ Thyroid therapy - Propylthiouracil

Dear friend,

I am not looking to debate. Although I came here with open mind, my purpose was to let you guys know about my success over blushing. As I know the misfortune of blushing I wanted to spread my word.

Blushing is natural and maybe even healthy as the hormones the body produces during the blushing (normal blush like embaracment) is all natural for the body and as I said, may even help the body somehow. Just like crying or love.

But blushing in extremes that happens due to anxiety or unreal reason like standing around the people and then out of no reason your face goes to red - this is something different. This is something I experienced and as I have been going through the forum, people here also experience something like this.

What if all this is because of your thyroid ? Did you even try my suggestion or are you being skeptical without even trying ? I

have you mentioned what brand of salt you use yet

I haven't but actually there is nothing much written on the salt. Just iodized. Any salt would work but make sure it has sodium iodine in it and not potassium iodine.

Of course I am going to remain sceptical. Why shouldn't I? People have come up with these kinds of suggestions for years and nothing has ever worked. Don't you think it would be normal to be sceptical? Especially when someone mentions salt as a cure of wonders?

Trust me, I am greatful for you trying to help, honestly. It is not like you are trying to sell some product so I do believe to some extent that what you are saying is true, at least for yourself.

The anxiety based blush you are talking about, I never thought of it as a physical defect. I believe it is a psychological thing because it is an autonomous reaction. I dont think it is physiological really. But I could be wrong of course.

I am sorry if I come across as unfriendly. It is not my intention my friend.

So again, what salt do you use? I bought salt with iodine and Sodium chloride, should that do?

Of course I am going to remain sceptical. Why shouldn't I? People have come up with these kinds of suggestions for years and nothing has ever worked. Don't you think it would be normal to be sceptical? Especially when someone mentions salt as a cure of wonders?

Trust me, I am greatful for you trying to help, honestly. It is not like you are trying to sell some product so I do believe to some extent that what you are saying is true, at least for yourself.

The anxiety based blush you are talking about, I never thought of it as a physical defect. I believe it is a psychological thing because it is an autonomous reaction. I dont think it is physiological really. But I could be wrong of course.

I am sorry if I come across as unfriendly. It is not my intention my friend.

So again, what salt do you use? I bought salt with iodine and Sodium chloride, should that do?

No, I don't think you were unfriendly. Not at all. Just I don't want to debate but I want to hear feedback if iodine works for other or not.

That salt will do. I just hope it isn't potassium iodine in it.

For getting rid of my red face I also started to consume soy lecithin,garlic and apple cider vinegar. They DID NOT help my blushing unless they have delayed effect.. Iodine was something that I used previous day and I had no problem with red face.

Alright. We'll try it and get back to you?

I don't think the salt I bought has potassium iodine. Doesn't say anything about it. Only NaCi and Iodine.

How should I ingest it? By drinking it in a glass of water or with food or what?

Alright. We'll try it and get back to you?

I don't think the salt I bought has potassium iodine. Doesn't say anything about it. Only NaCi and Iodine.

How should I ingest it? By drinking it in a glass of water or with food or what?

You better use it on food if you don't want to gag lol. Don't use too little nor don't get emotional and ingest the whole pack.

I drank a fairly large chunk of it with water yesterday. I almost puked. Then I did it again this morning. I don't feel very different. Hard to tell if it works or not since I haven't really been in a triggering situation. I hardly ever blush actually. Maybe I am too clever to find a way out or avoid certain things, I am not sure. I mostly suffer from the fear of blushing. The anticipation.

But I don't feel any different. I do feel however that I would still blush if in a triggering situation. Would be awesome if it works, but it sounds too good to be true. We'll wait and see.

Feels as if any second you're gonna say "sucker, you fell for it" :D

hehe "sucker". No I'm not intending to this.

But I am a bit amazed that you would drink it down.. Do you ever eat ? Because it feels like you don't eat and had to drink it with water.. I suggest you to use it on food.

I also didn't feel any difference when I was at home. That I "now" have tremendous confidence and I will never flush. No, I noticed when I didn't get red face in places where I got.

Stuckwithme,

Have you seen any difference ? I would like to hear feedback.

Update

" In IDD- and VAD-affected children receiving iodized salt, concurrent VA supplementation improves iodine efficacy."

Source: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/89/11/5441

IDD - "Iodine deficiency"

VAD - "Vitamin A deficiency"

It also works vice versa - When there is not enough iodine, vitamin A can't do it's job properly.

Some of you probably have heard about using Fish oil and magnesium to cure blushing. I tried it. Took high doses of fish oil and magnesium but it didn't work. But now it makes sense. I ate lots of Cod liver pate 3 days before I found out that I didn't get red face. As Vitamin A is fat soluble vitamin I might have loaded up some of it and then when I added iodized salt some magic could have happened !

I am starting to think that it could not have been only the iodine from the salt but the combination (no need to use iodized salt and cod liver for vitamin A at the same time) of iodine and vitamin A

And more

"Whichever form of iodine supplementation you choose, however, you must also be sure to get enough vitamin A in your diet. According to Goldberg, without sufficient vitamin A, your thyroid gland cannot produce thyroxin, a hormone that helps the thyroid absorb iodine."

Source: http://www.naturalnews.com/008902.html

"Effects of vitamin A deficiency on thyroid function and serum thyroxine levels in the rat."

Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6785400

Vitamin A deficiency + Iodine deficiency = Low thyroxine (hypothyroid or thyroid malfunctioning)