troubled

Had ETS 4 Months Ago, My Story

Hi red boy

I also think it's VERY important to chat to your parents and actually show them this site so they can read through some of the stories and really understand how blushing can severely effect people's lives! When people don't suffer from it I think it's extremely hard to relate and realise how much torture it can cause. If you show your parents and the doctor some of the stories on here they may be able to understand and relate to exactly what this condition is doing and know how to help and what the next steps will be - they will only want what is best for you and to have their understanding and support will help so much! I tried to manage it myself and not tell anyone and it was the worst decision ever so don't do that. Please show your mum and dad this forum so they can support and help you and choose the right path of help for you :) 

Edited by Minnock1

I had ETS done just 3 days ago, clamped T2. So far I've noticed a little CS sweating but nothing major. For the first few days my hands were bone dry, woke up this morning and noticed that they are slightly damp, definitely not bad but it's noticeable. I've read that this can happen 3 to 4 days after the procedure, then they will go dry again. Anyone experience this?

I got the procedure done for my ridiculously out of control blushing, haven't had a chance to "test" it out yet. Going to a thing this afternoon that normally would be a blushing event. We'll see how it goes.

Well I spoke in front of a small group of about 6 people and was put on the spot with questions and I didn't blush! I even excused myself to the restroom when I was done speaking to look in the mirror, and my face was completely normal. It was strange it was like I had a sense of calm when it came to be my turn to speak. I'll keep posting updates.

Day 14 post op

Developed quite an annoying pain on left side of my chest the past 2 days. Its very sensitive to touch and im not too sure whats causing it( maybe too much golf ha). If any1 has an explanation id be grateful.

Had my 1st bout if cs few days ago. Played 18 holes in 28 degree heat( thats extremely hot and rare for ireland)and i barely sweated anything, prob because there was a nice breeze. However, when I sat down in the clubhouse afterwards my lower back was very wet. It bothered me a bit, but then I just said to myself, at least I can sit in the clubhouse stress/ blush free, something I rarely did pre ets.

Again I must add that I havent been totally blush free since my op. Well unless im totally imagining it and im only phantom blushing. But im fairly sure ive blushed maybe 4 or 5 times in the past 2 weeks. Since the op though, I have been really testing myself, doing alot of things I would have avoided pre ets. If I was to put a percentage on it I would estimate that ets has helped my blushing by approx 95%. And, as I have witnessed very little side effects, that makes me a very happy chappy ?

How you gettin on now buster? Started cbt?

Hi everyone , had my surgery back on 29th April (cut at t2) with dr greenstein in London 3 months ago now, even though I haven't had a massive blushing attack (haven't been in a real bad situation yet) I still feel like ets hasn't helped with my blushing as I always feel myself go red, but as before ets I try and avoid the situation. If I'm not going red In an embarrassing situation I always have this awkward look on my face where it's like paralysed and people can see I'm embarrassed - I thought if the blushing would go then this would go but that's still there too. Really gutted as I genuinely thought ets would change my life.

Another thing i used to never sweat like ever! I now sweat soo bad on my back and bum .. I work outside garden landscaping and the temperature is around 20 degrees (not even hot) and my t shirt becomes soaked!! The whole back of the t shirt is covered in sweat . The same when playing tennis in an air conditioned room yesterday my whole back and bum was soaked you could ring it out and all my friends were laughing (they were dry)! This has obviously got me so down as I thought I could get on with my life after ets but it's made it worse as I now have this awful sweating on my back. Just to note my face and hands are always bone dry.

any suggestions you guys can give me? Does driclor work for the back? Any suggestions on my blushing ? Really don't know where to go now :(

thanks 

Jamie 

Edited by jayster999

Jamie this unfortunately is the thing with ETS. It is such a gamble and seems to effect people SO differently! 

I had ETS about 3years ago and I still blush a bit too and find it really disheartening. I only sweat (quite badly) when it is super hot and a lot of other people are sweating too - i use to sweat when it got hot but I'm sure this is worse sweating than if I hadn't of had the op.

It sounds like it you may just have to get used to the feeling of what you think is a blush when you actually aren't - I'm sure as you realise you aren't actually blushing your awkward face will become less and less. I also realise that we all worry about what we think we look like when half the time people are worrying about themselves not us and what we look like.

sorry to hear you were swearing so badly in 20degree heat. Although I have friends that haven't had the op and sweat so badly too!! I know it doesn't help your situation but just know you are not alone.

Hi Johnnyboy and stuckwithme,

The reason for ets? The FB issue had continually worsened over the past 15 years to an intolerable level. It became a daily ocurrance and just about any trigger would set it off. So, ets seemed to be the only answer at this point. The feeling was that if the blushing went away great, but if the side effects became extreme then I'd only have a few more years with which to endure before the 'ol dirt nap came. I do have a significant other and children by the way.

Having an outgoing personality I'd always be placing myself in the triggering situations, not necessarily unknowlingly, but simply because that was how I am wired. Then, when the triggers set in it was like a slap in the face, a total physical put down. Public speaking was enjoyable once prepared for it, but not without anxiety, though. But, caught unprepared in a public speaking situation, watch out. It was a horrendous situation.

Bottom line is that each day was becoming more and more unbearable. So much so that my hesitation about ets went away and as I'd said before I was totally willing to roll the dice. So far so good and I hope it stays that way. The reality is that only time will tell...and for the moment I'm milking it all the way for what it's worth.

Hey Troubled. I myself had the Ets operation done a long time ago due to FB and sweating in the hands. I helped with the sweating in the hands and reduced the FB. You say you have children. I have thought a lot about kids, and have decided not to have my own kids, because I am afraid I will pass my condition on to them. Do you see your kids having the same problems with FB or hand sweating you had before your surgery? (I hope you dont mind me asking). And congratulations, no more FB for you:-) 

3 weeks post op

Still slight chest pain, went to the doc and she said I have inflamed scar tissue. Most likely brought on by not restin enough after the op. Was prescibed small dose of steroids and they r helpin.

Still got dry hands and rarely sweat above the nipple line, although I have once or twice.

Side effects are still very minimal (touch wood), a touch of cs bit very mild.

Im still not sure whether or not im totally blush free. Few days ago I felt as if I was blushing but glanced in the mirror and I looked fine.

Still very happy with things have turned out, hope your all keepin well?!

P.s def try that driclor jamie works well apparently.

Hey Troubled. I myself had the Ets operation done a long time ago due to FB and sweating in the hands. I helped with the sweating in the hands and reduced the FB. You say you have children. I have thought a lot about kids, and have decided not to have my own kids, because I am afraid I will pass my condition on to them. Do you see your kids having the same problems with FB or hand sweating you had before your surgery? (I hope you dont mind me asking). And congratulations, no more FB for you:-) 

Hello Misterthomas,

I do not see my kids havng the same issue I had. No facial blushing, but there is a small issue with hand sweat in one of the kids. They lucked out. 

Troubled

more than 2 months since ETS now. Just a short update. 

I where in a wedding in bosnia where it was 38 degress celsius. Our outfit were white shirt with black pants. The air condition was bad in the place and all people were sweating alot, me as well. I didnt sweat in my face, hands or upper chest/back. I did sweat alot on my back, but with a singlet under it didnt show through the white shirt. It was not problematic at all. It was a bit funny when all my friends were sweating like crazy in their face, wipping constantly with a napkin, while I didn't sweat. One friend said to me "I don't understand how you can not sweat in this heat" hahah. 

I am also 100% blush free and I dont worry about blushing anymore. No other side effects.

I live in Norway where its more or less cold all year, So I haven't yet experienced any CS in my home country, even trough the summer months. 

I am very satisfied with my results :D 

6 weeks post op

Still have slight scar tissue issues on left side of chest. I advise any1 goin for ets to take it very easy for couple of weeks and especially stay away from the golf course! ?

CS is non existant although temps here rarely go above 20 degrees, the only side effect worth noting is my dry hands and wrinkly fingers ( the same look your fingers get after spending to much time in the bath). This is not bothersome tho and I dont need no creams.

I can definately still blush, its prob  happened about 6 times since the op. Once a week on average, I can live with that! Although it still happens from time to time its a very quick brief blush. It only seems to happen when im either very tired or hungover. These were the times pre ets that blushing was at its worst, I literally wouldnt face no 1 for days if I was hungover.

Still very happy/grateful with how things turned out.

Any Q's feel free to ask

Wondered how things are going for you guys post-ETS surgery. Your replies are very much needed as I'm gathering as much info before I take the plunge myself.

Hey Steven, it's been a while. I completed my CBT session and although it helped be understand it has by no means solved my FB issues. I hope you are doing well.

im doing great. just got a promotion in my job. I have the CS sometimes, but it dosent bother me. it's 100 times better than the blushing problem was. 

If your blushing problem really is a big problem, don't let the CS stop your surgery.  what is worst/better:

1. blush in all social situation ?

2. Body sweat (below chest) when it's hot or when you exercise?

was a pretty easy chooise for me.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:20 PM, Earlier blusher said:

more than 2 months since ETS now. Just a short update. 

I where in a wedding in bosnia where it was 38 degress celsius. Our outfit were white shirt with black pants. The air condition was bad in the place and all people were sweating alot, me as well. I didnt sweat in my face, hands or upper chest/back. I did sweat alot on my back, but with a singlet under it didnt show through the white shirt. It was not problematic at all. It was a bit funny when all my friends were sweating like crazy in their face, wipping constantly with a napkin, while I didn't sweat. One friend said to me "I don't understand how you can not sweat in this heat" hahah. 

I am also 100% blush free and I dont worry about blushing anymore. No other side effects.

I live in Norway where its more or less cold all year, So I haven't yet experienced any CS in my home country, even trough the summer months. 

I am very satisfied with my results :D 

How are your hands?  Do they get very dry?

23 hours ago, scarface said:

How are your hands?  Do they get very dry?

No, I dont have any dry skin problems on my hands. But they are not sweating anymore. Before I used to have a little hand sweat before take-off with planes, I don't have that anymore. But seriously, if dry hands is even in consideration as a problem side effect for you, I don't think your blushing can be that bad?... its easy to fix with lotion.  

Hi! Im from sweden, im new here and suffer from the same sh** as many of you, facial blushing. I have lived my life just as you guys, holding myself back because of this and you've all read the story.. 

Spent alot of time reading this website among others lately and i have some theories.

I first wanna ask, has anyone read the thread "hypnosis works"? anyone tried it? i have had a theory for a while that hypnosis maybe could work but when i entered that website it seemed like a scam i think. now let me expain why i would think that hypnosis MAYBE could work.

everytime i think i have found a cure for our FB and tries it, i have a little harder to blush/flush, maybe because im a little calmer and have a LITTLE faith in the cure. let me give you all an example.

when i was younger, like 15, i had a theory that if i worked out in the gym i wouldnt flush in my daily life because it was when i quit training it all started with my FB(maybe not exactly then but somewhere in that time),so i started to work out in my friends own gym with no mirrors. everyday. lifting weights without that heat in my face actually. and then in school i felt totally safe and could even lie on the ground wrestling my classmates, trying to squeeze the life out of them without any heat streaming to my cheeks. then i started to work out in another gym WITH mirrors, and then i could see how red i became lifting those weights so my confident went right back to zero.

So i've been thinkin if you could induce some kind of placeebo-effect,(thats where the hypnosis comes in)making you think that you actually dont even get red, maybe this has already been discussed here i dont know but have you other people any of these expieriences?

Also ive been thinkin on ETS surgery or ESB witch is the one with the clamps.

the only thing that gets red is my cheeks,like a big red triangle on every cheek, and they get really red, they are always a little pink but sometimes almost not noticeble.

i work as a carpenter and the work is not the problem right now for me.(but ofcourse i want to develop and become something more) but everyday when i get home from work i start to flush, not blushing so often but sometimes. as i said, mostly flushing and often at the same time of the day, even if im alone. i also flush alot when im about to get sexy with tha ladiez, lifting weights, drinking alcohol aaaaaaaand when someone tells me: WHOA YOUR RED!

anyone with the same type of blushing/flushing that have had the surgery done? That "red cheeks only" type of flushing/blushing if you know what i mean

the reason im asking is that maybe there are different types of flushing/blushing wich also means different cures?

if im gonna pay 7952€ i want to be as sure as youll get.

AND what does ETS surgery cost where YOU live?

stay strong peeps

Anyone have a good explanation for why many blushers also have problem with flushing? I also flush when drinking alcohol and I heard several others in here also flush when drinking alcohol. alcohol flushing is normally an Asian problem and is not connected with the nerves that produce blushing. I am cured for blushing by ETS surgery, but I still have the alcohol flush. 

So my question: is alcohol flushing and social blushing connected in any way? or is it just a coincident that so many blushers also have alcohol flushing?

I am not bothered by alcohol flush. I found some pills that stops the alcohol flush, but I just think it's interesting how these 2 things are connected. if they are. 

23 hours ago, Earlier blusher said:

I am not bothered by alcohol flush. I found some pills that stops the alcohol flush, but I just think it's interesting how these 2 things are connected. if they are. 

Can You tell me the name of those pills ?? 

Thank You :)