scarface

Prozac made my blushing go away

I've been taking Prozac for a little over 2 weeks now and it has made me feel great. My anxiety is gone now and with it my blushing as well. I get called on all the time in my Spanish class and never go red, even when the teacher pokes fun at me. The same is true for my math class. I virtually walk around at my community college with no anxiety or worry about potential future blushing episodes.

Working with a psychiatrist has helped me more than I could imagine. The secret is that you walk in every session telling him what is bothering you and he helps you rationalize your thoughts and manage them. It's incredible. I no longer judge myself about petty stuff like I used to. I am still working with him to undo some lingering internal problems but even if we stopped now I would still be 5x better off than before. My main problem now is that I still can't make and keep friends due to low self esteem issues and low self worth issues. These issues are also preventing me from getting laid, which is pretty frustrating, especially for a 22 year old guy who has gone 1.5 years without sex now. My psychiatrist recommends that I find an older wealthy lady to be my sugar mamma. No joke, he explained how I could move in with her and she would pay my bills, cook for me, clean for me, and all I'd have to do is give her a screw every once in a while. I'm not against the idea, but it definitely is some odd advice. The only question would be where to find an older gal willing to do something like that?

Well, just thought i'd give you all an update on my progress with therapy. Any questions?

I've been taking Prozac for a little over 2 weeks now and it has made me feel great. My anxiety is gone now and with it my blushing as well. I get called on all the time in my Spanish class and never go red, even when the teacher pokes fun at me. The same is true for my math class. I virtually walk around at my community college with no anxiety or worry about potential future blushing episodes.

Working with a psychiatrist has helped me more than I could imagine. The secret is that you walk in every session telling him what is bothering you and he helps you rationalize your thoughts and manage them. It's incredible. I no longer judge myself about petty stuff like I used to. I am still working with him to undo some lingering internal problems but even if we stopped now I would still be 5x better off than before. My main problem now is that I still can't make and keep friends due to low self esteem issues and low self worth issues. These issues are also preventing me from getting laid, which is pretty frustrating, especially for a 22 year old guy who has gone 1.5 years without sex now. My psychiatrist recommends that I find an older wealthy lady to be my sugar mamma. No joke, he explained how I could move in with her and she would pay my bills, cook for me, clean for me, and all I'd have to do is give her a screw every once in a while. I'm not against the idea, but it definitely is some odd advice. The only question would be where to find an older gal willing to do something like that?

Well, just thought i'd give you all an update on my progress with therapy. Any questions?

kinnel !! are you sure your shrinks not keith richards? sounds cool as fcuk.love it.glad its working though.

Gosh, that's great to hear, Scarface. In such contrast to how you were feeling about yourself a short time ago. Keep up the good work! Your psychiatrist's advice wouldn't go well on your profile. Think long & hard.

Yeah, if Prozac is all it took to stop you from blushing, then great! Side effects would have to be pretty bad to consider not taking it.

Had you tried any other anti depressants in the past? I wonder if Prozac is any different than Lexapro, Zoloft or Welbutrin? I’ve tried all those only to flush constantly due to the accelerated feeling it gave me. Like being on a stimulant 24-7.

The whole “sugar mama†thing is kind of messed up. I would think a healthy, equal relationship would be more of a goal.

Reminds me of that Rod Stewart song- Maggie May:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01aLeErvoU

Yes, I've been taking the equivalent to Lexapro which is Cipralex. It does help to a certain extent. I wonder how how effective Prozac will be for me. I should ask my doctor about it.

stuckwithme...drugs do not work the same way on different individuals...I would not worry about any side effects till I experience them. Important to take notice of and to be aware of the side effects of the drugs you take...but no need to anticipate the worse in advance....like every drug is going to make your life miserable.

I am sure Prozac works wonders for many as the drug has been around for quite some time. I would not be surprised if it didn't work wonders for all and that it carried too many side effects for some. Everybody reacts differently to drugs...so you never really know what to expect...

If scarface has gotten a prescription through a physician that he trusts and scarface feels comfortable with this drug thus far...why then worry about sex drive? He will know when the sex drive goes down...it ain't that hard ..or soft :) ..to figure out.

Wow, seems like someone have been taking their medication today. Basically I agree with you for once. Nice to see you don't feel the need to be an arshole all the time.

Wow, seems like someone have been taking their medication today. Basically I agree with you for once. Nice to see you don't feel the need to be an arshole all the time.

i think you are being hard on this guy,first of all suggesting that he has got mental problems["medication today"} and then calling him an a******.

how come its ok to be abusive and judgemental for you but not for me?

is it ok as long as religion is not mentioned?

i dont really care what you say to him but i think you should answer my questions mate.

If you would have read through Enriques earlier posts you wouldn't even ask such a question so I see where you're going with this. Something makes me think you are not trying to be the great defendor of Enrique and all mankind, I mean after you getting banned on social anxiety forum, causing people great distress and making fun of religious people and their personal beliefs and all. Totally disrespectful.

It's funny, now that Enrique seems to have calmed down from his earlier charades, here comes the next one straight from ban land to take over the throne.

I have not noticed any loss of sex drive. The SSRI's make me a little drowsy at times but otherwise my day to day routine is a lot better. I am actually happy and stress free for once. It feels so great to be normal, I hope that people who are naturally like this never take it for granted.

I have not noticed any loss of sex drive. The SSRI's make me a little drowsy at times but otherwise my day to day routine is a lot better. I am actually happy and stress free for once. It feels so great to be normal, I hope that people who are naturally like this never take it for granted.

Awesome! Great to hear that there is hope! So you actually feel like 100% fine in social situations?

Awesome! Great to hear that there is hope! So you actually feel like 100% fine in social situations?

Pretty much. The anti-depressants make you think that the blushing is no big deal. I might feel a little anxiety but at the same time my attitude and outlook is positive and upbeat so the obstacles are 100x smaller. It's great.

Plus, the psychiatrist has helped me SOOO much by making sense of the thoughts and fears running through my mind. He has helped me understand my problems and the world around me. As of now I can safely say that the blushing has been beaten. However, I say now like I said a month ago that the blushing was never really the enemy. The enemies are the demons in your head that control you and your thoughts. I'm talking about the demons that operate behind the curtains in your subconscious mind that you most likely won't be aware of until a professional therapist points them out to you. You see, these demons thrive on your fears and insecurities and since they are in control they will not let you see them. Their goal isn't to kill you, but to make you suffer for as long as possible so that your life is a living hell, THEIR hell. If the blushing problem is controlling you and destroying your life then I can pretty much guarantee you that the demons are running the show, not YOU. What you think about your blushing problem and how you react to it is the real problem and not the blushing itself. The good news is that these demons can be controlled and subdued quit easily with the aid of medication and a good therapist.

I recommend everyone here to see a psychiatrist. And remember, there is a good chance that the first psychiatrist you go to will not be a good fit for you. That doesn't mean that psychiatry won't help you.....you just need to find the RIGHT person. If you find the RIGHT person then it will feel like you have found your savior. I saw about 5 mental professionals before I found my current guy and he's the fu***** bomb. He knows his sh** and he knows how to communicate with me. I truly can't thank him enough for what he is doing for me.

Regarding sex, arent SSRI known for decreasing ones sex drive pretty significantly? Not to be negative, but it is a well know side effekt.

Zoloft made my wife stay 20 feet from me at all times, she just couldnt handle the "effects"!...PM me and I'd tell you all about it...LOL. no joke!