mojow

New Treatments!!!!! MUST READ!!

I do put a lot of stuff down, admittedly, but that is only because there is so much shite about. Everyone knows I have a big downer on ETS, for obvious reasons, and I tend to be skeptical of random treatment ideas picked up of the net as invariably they amount to nothing. VG is a clinical pharmacist with 15 years experience; I take her opinion over some geezer with a website and ambiguous credentials.

Apologies for the downer, as I appreciate that you want to believe in this. I just wanted to inject a little reality into the conversation. Glycerol is a laxative and if you drink it in any quantity you WILL be shitting through the eye of a needle.

None the less...even though you have a pharmacist here advising you against it, I assume some one will still go ahead and try this out. So of course, I'd be VERY happy to eat humble pie if it works (genuinely).

BB

Yeh bobbear, you havent done your research and your thinking of industrial strength glycogen, your supposed to have minute drop into water.

Kinda harsh she might be a pharmacist but this guy is leading the hypoglycemic sector and has countless references and articles published and he has a very well referenced book

BA (Psych) Post grad Dip Clin Nutr

AND NO his book is FREE! YES FREE, ONCE MORE BOB BEAR FREE!! so he isnt trying to twist this into a sales pitch

"I agree that blushing is one of the most annoying and embarrassing thing we have to suffer.

I believe it is one of the symptoms of hypoglycemia.

It is due to the overproduction of adrenaline due to an internal biochemical abnormality. To show that it is metabolic you could ask your doctor to prescribe propanolol, a drug that is antagonistic to adrenaline. You could also try out taking glycerine, before or close to when you expect to have a blushing problem.

The overproduction of adrenaline is due to the fact that in hypoglycemia the brain is not nourished or supplied properly with the right amount of glucose. Thus when the brain senses glucose starvation it will trigger the release of adrenaline from the adrenal glands. Adrenaline functions to covert sugar stores in the body (glycogen) into glucose so as to feed the brain again. In the slightest stress situation we need the proper amount of glucose to energize the body and the brain for proper action.

Adrenaline is the hormone that activates the Sympathetic Nervous System, supposedly to prepare the body for strenuous action (to deal with a real danger). "

Finally something new worth looking into. Other than ETS, I've rolled through diets, supplements, drugs, herbs, make-ups, creams, lotions and potions, fake tans, elixirs, various fitness regimes, yoga and breathing exercises, finger taps, talk therapy, group therapy, meridian therapy, psychologists, psychiatrists, self-help books, religion followings etc. All that only to arrive at this new substance. Nice find Mojow. The only problem I see with Jurriaan Plesman theory is that he claims that his diet and Glycerol is a panacea for all human ills (addiction, gambling, mental problems, criminal behavior etc.) He thus is not very favored in the medical industry. But hey they gotta eat too! :lol: However, I missed that he also had a view on blushing. Since it is clearly a misery for some of us, he would no doubt attribute it to blood sugars too. So, while I don't deny the truth of this theory, but since I failed at everything else before and let me tell you I was on the waiting list for some of those miracle cures, I am not going to rush and buy Glycerol, but gonna wait to see others try it out. Hey propropranol works, maybe this might. And if it will I'll take it any day over some big pharma pill. Of course the question of the abuse and long term effects would also need some consideration. My new motto now is that when it comes to something I can internally ingest for immediate results I am all ears but you go first. :)

Not to rain on the propranolol parade, but that stuff did exactly squat for me, and to make matters worse, it made me feel like crap because my heart rate stayed so damned low i could barely get up and moving, all light headed and wobbly...

just because one person has something work for them doesn't mean it will work for someone else.

You do have a point though, this whole thing is due to a short circuit of the central nervous system, of that there is no debate.I just dont believe its due to adrenaline in the slightest, or low blood sugar, or even high blood sugar for that matter..

Det är nog inte helt klarlagt. Helt klart är det ju så att om man äter mat med mycket histamin, eller rött vin som har rätt mycket histamin så får man lätt en flush. Min egen teori är att antihistaminet i Kestine dämpar samma receptorer som har med flush och blush att göra, oavsett varför man rodnar.

Five weeks into the ‘hypoglycemic diet’

First I’d like to say thanks to mojow for bringing this subject to light! When I first saw your post, I was up ‘till 2:00 in the morning reading link after link on the subject. I book marked a couple pages for future reference.

The subject of proper nutrition struck a cord with me, I know there is a relationship between diet and blushing. Not that our diet causes our blushing problem, but that an improper diet can exacerbate it. I’ve long known about stimulants like caffeine causing my blushing and flushing to spiral out of control. But I was interested in this ‘hypoglycemic’ diet.

I’m still not clear as to what a hypoglycemic diet truly is, but what I did was cut out most processed, sugary, sodium laced foods from my diet as I could. This was a big step, as my wife and I had to learn all new ways to cook and shop. Let me tell you, this is not cheap to do. Natural, healthy foods are about 30-50% more expensive. For snacks inbetween meals, we’ve been eating ‘natural’ granola bars. It’s not bad once you get used to it.

Conclusion:

It does help. A little anyway. No miracle cure here. I think this is part of the bigger picture though. Healthy diet, healthy body, healthy mind… and that makes blushing much more manageable. At least 50% improvement for me. I actually quit taking my meds for a few weeks on this diet. Mostly just to see if I could. But I still have the quickest and most effective results with pharmaceuticals. I think there can be a healthy balance of natural health and modern chemistry.

Hey Johnny,

I also did the hypo diet but for around 2 weeks, yes it's hard really really hard as you have to cut out carbs, sugar, processed, caffeine which your body craves.

Its basically vegetarian diet but with natural carbs like brown rice which release sugar levels slowly, nuts etc..

Breakfast 2x Brown Bread + 2 Boiled Eggs + Water + Fruit

Brown bread with tuna for dinner + salad + water + nuts for snacks

Tea was some kind of red meat, chicken, fish with fresh veggies + brown rice. I also ate a lot of mushrooms with mozzarella + garlic + chilli

For snacks i had nuts, fruit, green tea, water, crackers

Its a pain in the ass as you run out of things to snack on, you constantly feel low sugar level which is what his diet is supposed to stop, you cant let your blood sugar level drop to that level as thats when your flight/mode thing kicks in and adrenaline is pumped into the system to counteract it.

When I have more money to buy the proper things for this diet like lots of nuts and veggies I will carry it on as it did help, I felt fresh, healthy and my blushing was probably nearly halved.

Five weeks into the ‘hypoglycemic diet’

First I’d like to say thanks to mojow for bringing this subject to light! When I first saw your post, I was up ‘till 2:00 in the morning reading link after link on the subject. I book marked a couple pages for future reference.

The subject of proper nutrition struck a cord with me, I know there is a relationship between diet and blushing. Not that our diet causes our blushing problem, but that an improper diet can exacerbate it. I’ve long known about stimulants like caffeine causing my blushing and flushing to spiral out of control. But I was interested in this ‘hypoglycemic’ diet.

I’m still not clear as to what a hypoglycemic diet truly is, but what I did was cut out most processed, sugary, sodium laced foods from my diet as I could. This was a big step, as my wife and I had to learn all new ways to cook and shop. Let me tell you, this is not cheap to do. Natural, healthy foods are about 30-50% more expensive. For snacks inbetween meals, we’ve been eating ‘natural’ granola bars. It’s not bad once you get used to it.

Conclusion:

It does help. A little anyway. No miracle cure here. I think this is part of the bigger picture though. Healthy diet, healthy body, healthy mind… and that makes blushing much more manageable. At least 50% improvement for me. I actually quit taking my meds for a few weeks on this diet. Mostly just to see if I could. But I still have the quickest and most effective results with pharmaceuticals. I think there can be a healthy balance of natural health and modern chemistry.

well i have been on a cutting phase of my workout program for 4 months I eat brown rice, Seared chicken breast, Canned Tuna, Salmon, Wheat bread, Oats, Nuts, Eggs, Turkey ham, a lot of fruits and vegetables, Yogurts, Farmers cheese, on top of diet I'm not a smoker i don't drink any alcohol whatsoever and i don't see any changes to blushing i could say its gotten worse lately but better then last year.

Yeh probably because its not just about the diet its how and when you eat the food, your supposed to be stopping your blood glucose level from crashing, you need to eat in small snacks continuously throughout the the day, its like .

2 boild egg + oat meal toast break fast 9am + water

10am nuts + water

11am snack again

12pm dinner

1pm snack