Sign in to follow this  
suicidal

21st

I'm so sorry for you..

But at least we all here knows how you feel..

I can't enjoy a night out myself.. People around me drink and have fun.. and if i drink I go red, and feel uncomfortable.. my cheeks are burning and I can't think of anything else then my red face.

I hate when I'm out, I try not to drink and people are asking why i don't drink and call me boring and make it such a big thing.

I hate turning drinks down when people bought them for me.

I hate it so muuuuuuuuch.. I wish i would enjoy a glas of wine or two. But I can't.

Most of the times I drink anyway, cause I hate the pressure of people around me.. All this questions why i don't drink etc.

When I feel that my face goes red I can't think of anything else. I'm running to the toilet all the time to check my face. putting loads of makeup on it.

Feels so stupid.. And this feeling of burning cheeks. So horrible, I can't concentrate on anything else when I go all flushed..

Why Can't I get drunk and forget all the problems like everyone else..

At the moment, Flushing is worse than blushing for me..

I hate being all red when I feel very hot, or when i had alcohol.

Sucks

I know exactly how you feel. My strategy is to drink alone or with one friend before going out to get "pre-drunk" which puts you in a state where flushing wont creep up on you as sudden as it does if you start drinking impromptu.

But I agree, its really f_cking annoying to have the fear of a major flush in the back of your mind constantly. Then again, it usually fades when you are really drunk but when you are really drunk you severely reduce your chances of finding a mate and increase the risk of getting into trouble and so on..

I have done so many quick escapes from clubs and even from dinners because of this sh**. Its such a burden and I sympathize deeply with everyone on this forum. We should hold a Red Burning Face Convention every year at a nice location and laugh about our redness, giving this tragedy some sort of grace.

I'm so sorry for you..

But at least we all here knows how you feel..

I can't enjoy a night out myself.. People around me drink and have fun.. and if i drink I go red, and feel uncomfortable.. my cheeks are burning and I can't think of anything else then my red face.

I hate when I'm out, I try not to drink and people are asking why i don't drink and call me boring and make it such a big thing.

I hate turning drinks down when people bought them for me.

I hate it so muuuuuuuuch.. I wish i would enjoy a glas of wine or two. But I can't.

Most of the times I drink anyway, cause I hate the pressure of people around me.. All this questions why i don't drink etc.

When I feel that my face goes red I can't think of anything else. I'm running to the toilet all the time to check my face. putting loads of makeup on it.

Feels so stupid.. And this feeling of burning cheeks. So horrible, I can't concentrate on anything else when I go all flushed..

Why Can't I get drunk and forget all the problems like everyone else..

At the moment, Flushing is worse than blushing for me..

I hate being all red when I feel very hot, or when i had alcohol.

Sucks

Definitely flushing is way worse for me. :(

I went to the 21st and had sort of a good time, was always on my mind but thankfully the place was a little dark which made me a bit more comfortable. :)

I know exactly how you feel. My strategy is to drink alone or with one friend before going out to get "pre-drunk" which puts you in a state where flushing wont creep up on you as sudden as it does if you start drinking impromptu.

But I agree, its really f***** annoying to have the fear of a major flush in the back of your mind constantly. Then again, it usually fades when you are really drunk but when you are really drunk you severely reduce your chances of finding a mate and increase the risk of getting into trouble and so on..

I have done so many quick escapes from clubs and even from dinners because of this sh**. Its such a burden and I sympathize deeply with everyone on this forum. We should hold a Red Burning Face Convention every year at a nice location and laugh about our redness, giving this tragedy some sort of grace.

I'm exactly like that always drink on my own first to get a bit tipsy and then see how my face is then and if its not the worst I'll head out. I hate that it controls my social life. :(

Zorg,

I used to do the exact same thing. It never helped me over the longterm, but it definately aided me in dealing with those social 'outings' where a skin full was pretty much obligatory.

If you're going to do this, give yourself plenty of time beforehand so that any resulting flush has an opportunity to subside.

P

I'd also advise caution; relying on alcohol like this is a sure fire road to alcoholism.

BB

I googled this problem.. about the "alcohol flush reaction" or "asian flush"

And found out that heartburn medicine can work. Ir you take one tablet an hour before drinking it will reduce the redness..

and guess what? I tried it yesterday.. and I think it might have worked..

My face wasen't THAT red.. but I also wear loads of makeup to try to reduce my blushing being visable..

But I think it did work.. im going to try it again..

From my experience it is good that you are flushing BEFORE you go out because from my experience once you have flushed and it dies down and then goes away (which takes about 1 and a half to 2 hours) it becomes much harder to blush and flush again for the rest of that day.

I do this all the time now before nights out, I have a hot bath which brings on the flush so I can enjoy a flush free night when I am out.

It really does work its like your body levels itself out temperature wise after the initial flush dies down.