Sign in to follow this  
blushingagain

fk blushing, Im going to be a Dad!

Hi folks, regular viewers shall know that like most of us, this sh1t gets me down from time to time.

Today it cant, got the news that my other half is pregnant today! Feel on top of the world.

Tried my best to always be positive about fb and sometimes I cant but sure feel good today!

Life can be great on occasion, try to remember that when you feel crap..

yeah cant wait, cant wait to get put on the spot at the antenatal class in the massively warm hospital either :oops: !!!!

but who cares eh!! cant wait...

Just hang in there. fb has had a detrimental effect on my career, Ive not achieved what I should have because of it but now have a new train of thought, I still have a reasonable job and thats just the way lifes got to be. Id rather be comfortable on a daily basis rather than have a better job as I used to and worrying constantly every day.

Try and concentrate on what you can do and are good and not what you cant. For example, in the boardroom doing a presentation, the presentation is really good, its just my face is scarlett rather than the way I used to think, fk sake my face is scarlett, panic and bugger up the presentation.

I work in a team of 20 people and its widely acknowledged that im the best at my job and its something I now take pride in (I had to really push myself to say something so big headed and begin to think like that). Deep down, I know i should do something better but its not something I dwell on now like I used to,

Hang on in there!

Congratulations man!

Enrique, they say kids are a good judge of character, so if they jump into your arms and knock your teeth out without having met you yet you've got to wonder. Maybe it's best your not reproducing just now, biology has a funny way of weeding out certain personality traits, a natural contraceptive. Maybe if Darwin was still around he could learn a thing from looking at the modern equivalent of the dodo, the lesser spotted forum dwelling snide.

Congrats mate! It's a wonderful feeling, right?

Our little boy is 4 months now and he's given us a whole new perspective on life. The little fella is so cute it's just wrong! When he cries he turns all red, so no doubt he will be a blusher too. We shall have try to give him the confidence to never let it bother him; like most of us, he will have far more to offer than a little rose in his cheek could ever negate.

BB

Today it cant, got the news that my other half is pregnant today! Feel on top of the world.

Tried my best to always be positive about fb and sometimes I cant but sure feel good today!

Life can be great on occasion, try to remember that when you feel crap..

Congratulations! The most WONDERFUL news in the world!

6 months in, 3 months to go, its getting closer. Lifes improved so much with less obsession about this problem. Ive focused on the upcoming event, getting the house in order, decorating, really sorted out the garden all for the wee one arriving, cant wait.

This naturally has led to a reduction about blushing as im not obsessing about it every day like i did. Do i sometimes, yes sure I do but less though equals less anxiety about it. Ive also stopped visiting here so much as for as much as it helps, I think in some ways it was reinforcing my fear about fb to.

Less daily work related angst coming up as well. Ive worked for my current employer for ages and ive been asked If I want to work from home now, never going into the office, no more meetings in hot rooms! (not so many anyway!)

Before I commited to it, I wanted to make sure I was doing it for the right reasons though. I wouldnt have done it just to run away from FB and work alone. Ive done it because it makes it easier lifestyle wise for when the baby arrives. My fuel bill will probably save me £150 a month alone.

My boss knows about my fb and I made him promise that he would invite me to meetings (in hot rooms!) from time to time so that Im also getting out my comfort zone and exposed to my fears. I could imagine working from home for years and all of a sudden having to go back to an office If I had to would just be completely anxiety ridden and I dont want to get into that potential scenario.

Things are really improving and Im so glad that I still fight this sh1t as best I can..

Congrats!

Maybe it's things like these that make us realise that there are things much more important out there, and we can't let this FB controll us.......no matter how hard that may be.

All the best ~