mojow

Depressed & Fed Up

Stupid blushing problem has ruined my life, it's put barriers on my social life, made me under achieve at school, college and forcing me to drop out of university. I feel like I haven't lived and merely watched my friends and family live there lives while I tag along in the shadows

Friends have now completed university, and will obviously be settling down soon in jobs, marriages etc... and I feel like I'm 1000's years behind socially, mentally and everything else.

I don't even know if I have the energy and enthusiasm to go and study again and try and get my life back on track, how can I study worrying about blushing, speaking in lectures, presentations and all the rest of it!!

I could force my self to go, start a fresh but, I can see my self worrying about blushing and not being able to goto lectures, not making new friends, falling behind on work.

Why can't I just live a normal fu***** life!! this is no way to live :( Sick of feeling down and depressed, this blushing problem is slowly mentally destroying me. :(

I understand mate, been there.

It's probably not what you want to hear, but IMO, acknowledging the multifactoral nature of our problem is critical in beating it; the place that you're in is the responsibility of more than just transient bouts of facial redness. It's difficult to see when depression has set in, but keep an open mind try to allow yourself to embrace life. You'd be amazed how different your life could be regardless of your blushing.

BB

I suffer frm axillary hh. I still feel alone on campus for my problem....like I can hide the odor part...I do have close friends my family is good...but, knwing that the issue isn't in the light on campus... makes me sad.. i eventually want to do a presentation on campus and at my hs...:)....l

my physician doesn't exactly believe me even after I got cmmnts on paper 5 yrs ago...so I'm taking photos of my clothes that have sweat on them as eveidence as my friend suggested.... I should go out with my friends more...even the movies r hard bc of commnts... using public restrooms.... socail phobia...

I don't like to be around pple all the time...its hard for me to be in class for 1 hr....

I'm glad you have a gf and are happy...

tnks.. nxt yr I age out and turn 21... in July...yes I need a specailist or derm who wants to help me.. its also that my physician doesn't want to say thsat they don't have the answer as my firend said...

They did suggest a a tyroid test...is that going to help me with...My friend said they look for abnormaol electrolytes and other stuff. I hope it comes bc abnormal so I can say u see I'm not lying...

also the problem is is that they diagnosed me so ... why not rerefer me to anther person who will help...... She referred me in the summer of of my end of my senior yr. :(

Stupid blushing problem has ruined my life, it's put barriers on my social life, made me under achieve at school, college and forcing me to drop out of university. I feel like I haven't lived and merely watched my friends and family live there lives while I tag along in the shadows

Friends have now completed university, and will obviously be settling down soon in jobs, marriages etc... and I feel like I'm 1000's years behind socially, mentally and everything else.

I don't even know if I have the energy and enthusiasm to go and study again and try and get my life back on track, how can I study worrying about blushing, speaking in lectures, presentations and all the rest of it!!

I could force my self to go, start a fresh but, I can see my self worrying about blushing and not being able to goto lectures, not making new friends, falling behind on work.

Why can't I just live a normal fu***** life!! this is no way to live :( Sick of feeling down and depressed, this blushing problem is slowly mentally destroying me. :(

This topic is quite old now and I wish i'd seen it.

Believe me, I can SO relate.

I'm 21 years old and my life is very quiet. I left uni a year or so ago, mainly because I didn't enjoy the course, but I had been depressed since I was 16. I guess depression and shyness (caused by hyperhidrosis) finally took their toll, I hardly ever turned up. Depression was probably worsened by lack of friends which was caused by hyperhidrosis.

After time out I feel better about myself, but like you, I feel behind everyone so much, socially and academically/world of work. I've actually never had a job, i've volunteered for years. Yep, hyperhidrosis made me afraid of lots of things.

Never did take any girls up, too afraid of my hands being wet. There's a hundred and one situations where i've been afraid because my hands were damp.

Fast forward to the present day i'm getting botox soon and hopefully somewhat rid of this condition, but i seriously need to sort my sh** out. Virtually no friends to see, no present studies, job, gf.. uh, yeah. If you saw me in real life you probably wouldn't think this, i've been hiding for quite a long time. Hopefully things are going to change big time these few months. I hope. I'll try.