angiegirl

some things that help my sweaty feet

HI everyone. I'd like to share a couple of things that seem to help my feet. I had ETS many years ago, and it helped my hands and underarms, but my feet still drip with sweat, so I am always looking for things to help.

First, I've been using Summer Soles inserts in my sandals and/or strappy footwear. . These are really thin linings that adhere to the insoles of your shoes. They help to absorb sweat so you don't slip and slide around when you wear sandals. They really help when wearing a high heeled strappy dress shoe. You can get them on Summersoles.com. I've found that if I wear these with a sandal that has good coverage on my feet, particularly in patent leather, I don't really care if my feet sweat, because someone looking at my feet wouldn't really be able to tell that they were sweaty. When you wear regular leather, sometimes the sweat seeps through and leaves salt stains, but I've found with patent leather, it doesn't come through. Luckily, patent leather is pretty fashionable right now, so it's easy to find.

Ok, next, I have finally found a product that seems to help. These are wipes and they are called Med e Tate by a company called DERMAdoctor. I found them at Sephora (can also get them at Sephora.com). They are really pricey ($48 for 30 wipes) but they are the only thing I have found so far that helps my feet. My feet still sweat, but it really seems to reduce the amount of sweat when I use them. It also seems to delay the onset of sweating. It has some interesting ingredients...not just aluminum, which seems to be the main or only ingredient in everything else I have tried. The active ingredient is aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex GLY, but also has some really interesting ingredients like GABA (which they say "helps improve the ability to resist the temptation to sweat," Ginseng, (helps the body cope with stress) Portulaca (potassium rich ion), Gynostemma, and an ingredient called Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Bensylamide Diactate, which they claim is a "peptide that mimics the activity of Temple Viper venom." I'm a little confused by that one, but I'm thinking maybe it sort of paralyzes the sweat glands?? Anyway, it works well for me and even though it's a expensive, I plan to buy it again. I usually just use one wipe for both feet, just once a day. They are individually wrapped so you can take them with you.

Hope this helps...

Angie

Hello Everyone,

I would like to share my story with all of you with hope to help someone. I am a 38 years old woman with two kids and my excess sweating problem exists from my birth. First time my mom noticed when I went to school and came home with some homework. My mom started helping me with my ABC.. and noticed that my notebook was getting wet. She wiped my hands several times but still problem persist. So of course like every parents they went to doc and started some medication. So I started growing with my sweat. And once, I was at that stage when I have my 1st child, trust me whenever I was holding him, his blanket would get soak with my sweat and if someone else would like to hold him I had to change his blanket otherwise they will think that he is wet (need to change his diaper). But anyways I tried everything possible to control my sweat. I used Drysole but my sweat was so swear that sweat will wash away the Drysole. Then I read about Fischer MD-1a on this forum and that is about 10 years ago, and ofcouse I bought it right way and started using it. I tried adding baking soda as some people suggested on forum. I was using it about 4 times a week and atleast an 1 hour each time. I used the machine for about 8 months but didn

Hello ,

I've also been plagued with excessive sweating of the feet since my early teens and have tried many different " Solutions" without any positive results .I went for years changing socks and shoe several times a day .Hyperhidrosis was really controlling my life a negative way . five years ago I came across an article about Iontophoresis and decided to give it a try . I did the therapy with an Idromed 5PC every day for the first two weeks without any noticeable results and suddenly on the 18th day of therapy I noticed that my feet were dry! I couldn't believe it , I could wear sandals without slipping and sliding in them ! It changed my life! I can recommend trying Iontophoresis to anyone suffering from excessive sweating.