Sign in to follow this  
Mozart

Feeling Suicidal Again

Ive spent virtually fcuk all on happy pills or whatever you want to term it. Stop preaching yir pish. Typical yank, not got a clue..The day I take advice from an American is the day I give up...

Then thats your ignorance pal.

Too bad for you.

Too bad your blind, and cant accept the fact that this "Yank" may know a hell of alot more than you do. So go hide under your bed like all good little British do.

What are you, 16?

Ig-nor-ant.

Ive spent virtually fcuk all on happy pills or whatever you want to term it. Stop preaching yir pish. Typical yank, not got a clue..The day I take advice from an American is the day I give up...

Could you rewrite this? Perhaps using the "Queens English" so that I can understand your 'ignorant basterd' point of view?

And yeah, I do agree that for many of us, it is a physical abnormality. But obsessing over it only exacerbates the cycle of blushing.

While 'happy thoughts' wont stop you from turning red. You can break the cycle of a spiraling blush from turning into a panic attack by minimizing your negative thoughts

When I'm drinking or taking a xanax, my thoughts are happy and carefree. My face may still turn red, but I don't really care and then it doesn't bother me. I'm not obsessing, neither is any one else around me. So I don't give a little blush a chance to turn into something bigger.

I concede that yes Steve there is NOW a psychological aspect of it.

i only do this with the caveat that if we were not born with this condition, then there would be NO pshyc component.

A tremendous amount of us where born with this damn thing.

If that wasn't the case, then none of us would have delved into such self analyzation and the loathing and discomfort that it brought it with it.

is certainly way easier than the "chicken or the egg' scenario.

One(bad gene) begets the other(repeated inappropriate blushing,self loathing,suicide, anger, depression)

Shut down that damn gene, and viola. Cured.

too bad that wont ever happen.

I'm no expert in physiology and can only go by my own experiences, but is it possible that our blushing being more visible is the only physcial aspect that separates us from the rest? Because eveyone blushes, it just doesn't show as much with them.

So from a young age we've had people mentioning it to us, or even reacting in ways where they haven't said anything. Other people won't have had this problem. This is where the psychological aspect comes in for us and not for others. Soon, the mental side has taken over to such an extent that it feels and looks as if we have something physically wrong with us.

It is genetics and it is Psychological, you genetics are making your nerves, anxiety all that crap over reactive, so with psychological treatment it can be changed in theory according to the dr. kind of the same way SSRI's work

Hello Mozart,i haven been on this forum for a long time i came back and i see your letter. :cry:

Really sad that sometimes we think like that.I can very much understand you.I know what you mean by your family thinkin you an alian and also that is very very hard to find a right job.

I really advise you to get a job where you can walk about a lot and are not settled,that is what im doing now and it helps me so much.

I had to attend a meeting last time and suddenly someone asked me a very simple question and i gone so red that i pretended i was coughing.I been told to come for a meeting like that every time my manager wont be in and if i have to do that i leave.People dont know i blush so once they know it will be awful.

Sadly these situations just happen to all of us and is no easy way of dealing with them.Just think on that ,you not alone and we all have this s*** to live with.

I know it be easy to live like normal and talk like everyone else does,having conversations without looking like a liar and so on.

Dont hate me for saying that but this is not you-and its not us.We got to permanently hide and deal with things other people do not.But its true theres always someone worse off then you.And you can get a job.Build your confidence up ,dont take meds every day,just now and again-i only take them before any nice situation,and do try to exercise.

Blushing is very nasty thing for us ,it can be ruining our life but dont let it,there is more to life then our tomato face :wink: