Sign in to follow this  
jamie10

Andrei Arshavin - Russian Footballer

I have meant to post this for a while so I will post some pics now. Andrei Arshavin is a Russian footballer and is one of the best players in the world. He looks as though he suffers from the same flushing as me when he plays football. I wonder if he is a blusher? he is moving to the English Premiership next season so it wil be interesting to see if he talks with the press as I have never seen him interviewed before.

andreiarshavin607194wu9.th.jpg

andreiarshavinam3.jpg

Arshavin lights up Euro with sublime performance

The number on the shirt that has traditionally stood for a sublime mix of balance and power, vision and goals had been strangely absent from the key moments at Euro 2008.

Important matches at the biggest tournaments demand a defining performance, and historically it is the man wearing No. 10 that delivers.

Euro 2008

Top Stories Dutch stunned by high-flying Russians

Sublime Arshavin lights up Euro 2008

Arshavin was excellent in the regulation 90 minutes at St. Jakob Park, giving everything to inspire Russia to an upset win 3-1 over the Netherlands in extra time that was only required because Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy equalized in the 86th minute.

Yet the little man whose cheeks were flushed bright red from his exertions almost from the start was even better in the 30 added minutes. His virtuoso performance lifted his side to victory, scoring in the 116th minute to ensure the cameras - and eyes of the football world - were on him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/8260086/Arshavin-lights-up-Euro-with-sublime-performance

Also on BBC the Presenter reffered to him as "the lad with apple cheeks"

No, Arshavin is quite red, and it's that sort of a lack of understanding... i.e. "the little man whose cheeks were flushed bright red from his exertions almost from the start" that makes me laugh.

Arshavin looks like that all the time, regardless of whether he's running around or not.

And the way the BBC presenter said "lad" with the apple cheeks reminds me of, no matter how old you are, if you have a red face, you're always seen as being young.

Watching his interviews I don't think he suffers from blushing but just flushing. Even though I hate Arsenal :) I love seeing Arshavin doing so well and not letting flushing holding him back. heres some more pics,

Andrei_Arshavin_celeb_Bayer_v_Zenit_765875.jpg

45657121_arshavin_afp300.jpg

arshavinPA_450x300.jpg

HERE IS A FELLOW BLUSHER/FLUSHER WHO WE CAN ALL BE PROUD OF.

HE GOES AND PLAYS HIS HEART OUT ON THE PITCH DESPITE THE MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WHO HE KNOWS WILL BE WATCHING.

HE REMINDS US THAT WE ARE JUDGED MORE BY WHAT WE DO AND WHAT WE ACHIEVE THEN BY THE COLOUR OF OUR CHEEKS!

THE MORE CELEBRITIES THERE ARE WHO BLUSH/FLUSH , THE MORE IT WILL BECOME ACCEPTED.

THERE IS HOPE. :D

Theres no danger hes a blusher, seen him getting interviewed on sky the other week, prolonged interview in the direct glare of the lights in a small room.

Hes clearly a flusher to some degree but I dont think he gets any worse whether hes putting in a shift at the Emirates or sitting in the house.

However, it illustrates the exaggerated nature of this problem that we all think hes a fellow flusher and anyone 'normal' (no offence intended) doesnt even think its a problem and barely merits mention.

I mean, hes flushed almost all of the time yet I think Ive heard it once when he played for Russia and once for Arsenal being mentioned and both times it was only mentioned to illustrate his work rate and complement him rather than him being perceived as some sort of freak.

My flushing is almost identical to Arshavins in that my cheeks go bright red but no where else does.

Although he is a flusher, he is in the ideal occupation. It is acceptable to be 'flushed' when undertaking physical exercise. Im sure we all agree that we are a million times less bothered about being flushed when exercising than in any other situation. Now, if he was a blusher too, interviews and all the attention his occupation would bring would make it a nightmare for him.

Flushers 'can' become blushers when they realise just how easy they go red. That is how my problem came about and hopefully Andrei hasnt and never will put 2 and 2 together.

Theres no danger hes a blusher, seen him getting interviewed on sky the other week, prolonged interview in the direct glare of the lights in a small room.

Hes clearly a flusher to some degree but I dont think he gets any worse whether hes putting in a shift at the Emirates or sitting in the house.

However, it illustrates the exaggerated nature of this problem that we all think hes a fellow flusher and anyone 'normal' (no offence intended) doesnt even think its a problem and barely merits mention.

I mean, hes flushed almost all of the time yet I think Ive heard it once when he played for Russia and once for Arsenal being mentioned and both times it was only mentioned to illustrate his work rate and complement him rather than him being perceived as some sort of freak.

Dont forget that he will almost certainly have had makeup on in that situation. Everyone on TV does, especially in interview type situations.

who says this guy is a blusher? :roll:

I mean, when you play football during the Winter and it is cold...and you at the same time have a little sensitive skin....no wonder you get red cheeks.

I see no proof that this guy is a blusher...I feel you guys are so obsessed with blushing that you almost forgot that all people get red cheeks when it is very cold and windy.

Red cheeks is not necessarily something bad....lots of girls add rouge to their cheeks to look more attractive.

Nobody is saying that he is a blusher. He is most definately a flusher though. I would bet my house that he flushes at other times and not just when hes playing football.

Anyone who flushes to that degree also has the potential to be a blusher too. I know cause it happened to me. I flush just like Arshavin and it was my awareness of being a flusher which lead me to be a blusher too.