Mr_Tomato

Finally a possible treatment/cure for blushing!!

You will just have to travel. I have to travel to Essex from just outside Glasgow.

We could all arrange a day to go down and get the treatment so we can all meet each other and put names to faces whilst we all get cured :D

yes i will need to go to there but first i need to try consultation with psyhologist before doing any treatment, i still in my heart believe that i have psyhological trauma and i will get better after some medicaments. if not i have some hopes to this tretments..

I think we all agree that blushing is a psycholigical problem. So do you think that if the botox works and you stop blushing for say 8 months. When the botox wears off do you think you will continue to blush or by that time you will have just forgotten about it because you havn't had to think about "not blushing" for that length of time. Could be interesting.

Bob Bear, perhaps you would know something about this since you tried the botox yourself?

Will you still feel the intense heat of the blush as you usaully do and just not get as red, or do you stop the actual heat-feeling as well if the botox is successful??

Thanks mate.

MORE PROMISING NEWS EVERYBODY!!

Found out about another clinic in the UK that does botox treatments for blushing! Their adress is http://www.cosmedocs.co.uk/

They are also very helpful and have given me alot more information about the treatments!

First e-mail from them:

"Thank you for your email and for informing us about esfbchannel.com. I was not aware of this and will actively promote this discussion group among my patients. I have been on it personally and have read many interested posts and will join it myself.

We have had a great success with b.toxin type A. We use both dysport and botox and for some reason have had better response with dysport . Maybe cause we're UK based and the dysport we get has not been through too many transportation link? However, we have not had a non-responder to b.toxin type A yet. Some very few people , less than 3% dont get the desired effect and require some extra dose as well as others in whom it only lasts 2-3 months. However, having no effect has not happened. 99% of our clients from just this year (more than 70 so far already) have had a great result. Injection technique probably helps to maximise the effect as well the dose use and post treatment care. Hence, we even offer a complimentary top up appointment in two weeks as so few people book it and the ones that do are completely satisfied after.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with me for further information."

Second email:

" From a result point of view not only should it decrease the redness it should help with the heat too. Their both related - you capillaries are innervated by sympathetic nerves which in cases of severe blushing have a low threshold for firing. These dilate you capillaries increasing the blood flow - the increase in blood flow gives the redness and heat -. B. Toxin blocks the nerve and hence the capillaries innervated dont dilate causing other two main effects. The treatment works well but not as successful as the hyperhidrosis treatment :ie of the same area.....but that has to do alot with patients not being satisfied with the first treatment completely and hence not coming back for top to correct parts not working. Physicians are generally cautious of the amount of toxin they use in this area as there are side effects of weaking the facial muscles - hence I tend to give my patients 2-3 treatments (all in same cost) over 2-3 weeks.

You are welcome to publish my information and if it helps even a single person my time was worth it!"

That also answers our questions about wheather the botox reduces the heat as well as the redness!!

THIS IS GREAT EVERYBODY!!!!

Hi abacab!

Bob Bear talked to Dr Pattersson some time ago about the iontophoresis-injections for blushing. The dr said that he didn't believe the actual method of injections would make a significant difference in the effectiveness because he was already performing it in a near optimal way.

This doesn't mean for sure that the iontophoresis treatment won't actually be better though.

I also emailed Cosmedocs about this and got this reply:

"We have not been doing iontophoresis yet but will be in the near future. As iontophoresis is quite easily accesible (even home machines) most clients that come to us have tried almost everything and then try b.toxin. From our experience iontophoresis works very well but then the immunity to it builds up - just like strong medicated anti-perspirants. It needs to be done regularly and people often carry their machines around even on vacation."

But have you tried the regular botox injections, abacab? That method seems to be working for at least most patients!

Is your problem the blushing?

Hi guys,

newbie so i will say hello to you all first,hey tomato i was interested in the botox could you let me now how it went,also for me im very near the clinic in derby so not far to go,keeping fingers crossed for u tomato hope it all goes well.

Hi,

I just came across a video on youtube, about blushing. It shows the actor Keanu Reeves blushing during an interview at a compliment.

For me this is the exact definition blushing, due to a sudden reaction of the sympathetic nerve. Contrary to flushing which is cause by not so much of a nervous response, but rather by an outside factor like cold weather or physical activities, and where the face take much longer to get red.

I have to same problem; i'll can get red in few second due to a comment. In 2 weeks i'm going for botox with Paterson and hope that it will take care of the problem a least temporarily.

'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzxWX7GkRHs

Finally went to see Dr Patterson just outside of London this weekend.

I was anticipating botox treatment and was really looking forward to it.

However, after examination the dr concluded that I had too much shallow blood vessels that he strongly recommended a couple of IPL-treatments first to reduce this. And after that perhaps try the botox.

This wasn't what I wanted to hear after travelling all that way to get there.

I finally accepted to do an IPL-treatment. Can't see any improvement yet, but it's supposed to take a couple of treatment before I see any. :/

I still kinda have my hopes up for botox since I havn't tried it yet.

Just now sure what is the best to do now. :/

He advised IPL for me too, and he seems to be doing this for everyone :? . If you're not sure about it tell him you can't afford the IPL and just want the botox. IPL works out extremely expensive and it's worthless unless you can afford the top-up treatments every 6 months or so.

I dont think it is strictly true that it is worthless unless u can afford regular treatments, though i see your point. I had 3 sessions about 3 years ago now with Dr P, and still see some benefits, though admitedly it has decreased alot since then. Im planning another course of 3 sometime soon, and then maybe a trial of botox. I think it is worth asking him if he will do a test patch, before going for the full face/cheek treatment. The question I would like to know more of, is, if botox does indeed prove to be of benefit to any one blusher, and they continue with it over a number of years, wot are the long-term affects of botoxing your face. with myself, it would be a fair size of the ole cheek that needs injecting, so im wondering if im gonna start looking deformed after 10 or 20 years?

Steve, did you go through with the ipl then?

I am not sure what to do now. :/

Yet, the ipl has not helped me in any way.

Was just a couple of days since the treatment, but I feel like I am MORE likely to flush now still.

I don't really care about the expenses - will gladly do the ipl also if it really helps. But...Im not so sure it does?? :/

I went through with it because I have a flushing problem as well as blushing. I now think maybe I shouldn't have because I was trying red light therapy at the time which is still going well, and the IPL may have helped a bit for me but I don't think I can justify the expense. That's just my opinion, others are more pleased with their results and would gladly pay.

Do you suffer from rosacea flushing? Do your cheeks go red, burn and stay red for "long periods" due to triggers such as stress, alcohol, central-heating, spicy foods, self-consciousness. If so, and you can afford it, then maybe go for it.

I do suffer from some rosacea flushing as well. I get red cheeks for long periods. But that's okay. What is NOT okay is the burning heat in my face. This makes me even more prone to blushing. It's like my face is on 100% altert and ANYTHING can set me of and explode into a full blown blush.

That is a nightmare!

Don't really know what to do now!! :/

hey Mr Tomato,

u should keep going with your ipl. finish your course and then make a judgement. at least u r trying to make a difference and not just sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. be positive, as i did see some good benefits from it, significant reduction in the treated area.

when u have finished your course, u can try a test patch of botox. try and get it done for free, with the promise of paying for a full treatment if it works out for you. good luck mate!

I know. It's extremely expensive. I can do with that though, don't care about it too much - I am too desperate to care about the money I guess.

But...I tried one IPL-treatment a week ago and right now my flushing etc is even worse. I'm not sure if this is common or not...

I would stick with it. When you next see Dr Patterson he'll ask you about any improvements you've noticed with the condition of you skin. He'll probably then adjust the settings on the machine.

If it does then mention it to the Dr and see what he says. If you feel really strongly it's making things worse then insist on having the botox. I don't think IPL can permanently make your skin worse if administered correctly so if it's not for you then you've given it a shot and haven't lost anything.

Finally went to see Dr Patterson just outside of London this weekend.

I was anticipating botox treatment and was really looking forward to it.

However, after examination the dr concluded that I had too much shallow blood vessels that he strongly recommended a couple of IPL-treatments first to reduce this. And after that perhaps try the botox.

This wasn't what I wanted to hear after travelling all that way to get there.

I finally accepted to do an IPL-treatment. Can't see any improvement yet, but it's supposed to take a couple of treatment before I see any. :/

I still kinda have my hopes up for botox since I havn't tried it yet.

Just now sure what is the best to do now. :/

He advised IPL for me too, and he seems to be doing this for everyone :? . If you're not sure about it tell him you can't afford the IPL and just want the botox. IPL works out extremely expensive and it's worthless unless you can afford the top-up treatments every 6 months or so.

Hi there

How much does IPL cost?

(I understand the Botox is around £300-400 which seems relatively cheap)