Sign in to follow this  
Jude

sssssshhhh.....it's oh so quiet.

Caught red handed (though surprisingly, not red faced!)

I did indeed go out to work today. Usually I work at home, but a couple of days a week I help my old man. DAMN it has been parky!

What kind of biscuits are we discussing today?

Today, for the first time in my life, I had to clear the snow from my car before geting on my way.

Nice.

Good powdery stuff too, yet readily compactable.

All the better for making balls.

A despicable confection!

Just lately I have taken to eating sherbert, after twenty years away from the stuff.

It does not dissappoint. Dib-Dab is it? The one with the stick and two compartments of different coloured sherbert.

I must hunt down the tube affair with the licorice stick. Ditch the licorice of course. The sherbert is all.

Sherbert. One of those queer words that just looks odd.

Ah yes, you have correctly recalled the triumvirate of loose sherbert products.

What is sherbert? Sugar + ..better sugar?

Could one use it in teas and coffees?

The flying saucer is a worthy product. If I remember, in an amply moistened mouth the rice paper just melts away..

Simple, straightforward pleasures.

The goodies on offer today seem too fussy, too contrived.

If it doesn't come naturally, leave it.

Bradford to the rescue!

(I am tempted, at this point, to drag the conversation around to novelty Christmas jumpers and to observe that it is next to impossible to find a UK source for them, believe it or not.)

Love Hearts are good; Refreshers better still. Are they still sold?

'Asphalt plunger'!

Hang onto your hats! A lovely bit of tabloideeeze.

It has been noted by my favourite jockey of discs that all tabloids are very loath to repeat words (particularly significant nouns) in any given piece eg

'Richard Lewis, 47, from Hull has married his pet monkey. The civil ceremony was attended by Richard's family and a few tree swinging companions of the primate.

Richard and his African ape will be honeymooning in Bournemouth etc etc'

I'm sure everybody who reads this thread has a Sun or a Star close to hand. Check it out!

Thanksgiving is a great 4 days off. Everybody gobbling down gobblers. The shame of it! No guilt with the pumpkin pie though.

I haven't got a copy of the Sun, but I did see an interesting article in the National Enquirer.

I read where all of you fellas hopped onto the "other bus," and had a few days in Brighton. Apparently there was some serious clubbing hopping going on. Then reporters tracked you down at the Queens Hotel nibbling on pink wafers, and sipping Babycham. Of course, GJ spoiled his drink by sprinkling sherbert into it.