Sign in to follow this  
Mr_Tomato

V-BEAM or BOTOX for blushing?

Anyone here have any experience of either V-BEAM och BOTOX for your blushing?

Do these treatments really help with BLUSHING (not flushing/redness) ?

I would gladly spend 10 000 dollars on treatments as long as it would really help to reduce my blushing!!

Hmmm, I'm not sure V-Beam is going to be useful for blushing. Those treatments are harsh, and I'm not sure they do anything at all for blushers.

The idea behind these lazer treatments is to destroy diseased blood vessels and force the body to grow new, healthy ones. Rosacean's are boiling over with damaged blood vessels, so lazer treatments can be effective. But blushers do not. Their blood vessels are quite normal... be it rather hyperactive. To the best of my knowledge, this hyper activity is due to the sensitivity of the neural regulation.

This is where botox can be of use!

Botox works by blocking a particular neuro transmitter... the very one that causes our skin to flush or sweat. Correctly administered botox can calm the over activity of said nerves.

I actually had the procedure myself a few years ago. Well, must have been 3 or 4 years ago now. The doc in question gave me a series of tiny pin prick shots over an area of each cheek. Two weeks later, those localized areas were physically unable to blush! No word of lie. It was quite remarkable.

The downside is that it's pricy and does come with risks. If delivered to far into the skin, the drug can come into contact with underlying muscle and cause some degree of frozen face. I hear that good doc's avoid this pretty easily, but less experienced doc's may well leave you with a lop sided smile.

But if you're interested, I went with a guy called Patterson. I found him to be very good. He did IPL for me aswell. He was trialing botox for blushing at the time, but last I spoke to him, he was doing it as a standard treatment, with great results.

One note of caution though - remember that this only works for blushing. It won't do anything for rosacea type flushing. Only sympathetic flushing (ie, blushing) will be affected by this.

Oh, and also if you do try this, get a test patch first. Get it for free if you can! If the results look good, then you weigh up whether or not you think it's worth paying for full cheek treatment.

Good luck!

BB

Thanks alot for your reply, Bob Bear!

Sounds very interesting this botox-doctor!

Where is he located?? Does he have a website or something I can contact him through?

Do you know of any other doctors with similiar treatments?

This really sounds great!! I'm not too concerned about the costs, but what could be the approximate cost for this?

Thanx again!!

I am actually located in Sweden, so it's quite som distance to get there.

Ah, well, is of course worth it if the botox treatment actually works!!

Will start by e-mailing him.

Nobody here that has tried this treatment for blushing, except Bob Bear?

"I am actually located in Sweden, so it's quite som distance to get there.

Ah, well, is of course worth it if the botox treatment actually works!!

Will start by e-mailing him.

Nobody here that has tried this treatment for blushing, except Bob Bear ?"

I am booked in for botox on the 15th of May with Dr Patterson in Derby ! I will let everyone know how it goes.

Sounds great, Andrewsco!!

Do you have FB and are you doing botox treatment for this?

Is this would actaully work, we could have a potential "cure" for blushing then??

You would notice if the treatment was effective or not pretty much right afterwards, right?

I am just dying to get to know more about this!

I am willing to get on the next flight to Scotland och England or whatever and get this botox treatment done if it will actually help my blushing alot!!

I also heard about this Gina Kavenagh from Edingburgh in another thread, that was doing a special kind of botox treatment.

I can't believe there isn't more talk about this on the forum if it actually WORKS??

It hasn't worked though until now. This guy has perfected a technique and it seems only he and the people at his clinic know how to do it. He is teaching other doctors how to apply the botox, one being the doctor I am getting my IPL with in Edinburgh and she mayhave to use people to try it on before advertising it herself.

Definitely, I had botox about two years ago privately and it didn't work. The doctor that seen me had very little experience of this but Patterson really is the leader in botox for blushing.

I remember him saying that the secret was using a high volume of tiny surface level injections, so that the drug gets diffused evenly throughout the right layers of the skin.

It worked for me anyway. Took a couple of weeks to kick in, but after that the test patches were blush free for a good while. Probably 4 months at full effect, gradually wearing off over the course of a year.

BB