Sign in to follow this  
redface

Flushing

I am not completely sure whether I have a FB problem, or just a minor case of Rosacea. I always have slightly red cheeks but anytime I do any type of physical activity or sometimes when I am in social situations my cheeks get abnormally red. My face gets really warm but my whole face doesn't get red, mostly my cheeks. I just don't understand it. I can be working with someone else doing the same physical work and their faces don't show the slightest redness. Does this sound like blushing or flushing? This is a major problem for me because I am a hard worker, but I avoid doing anything that involves strenuous physical activity now because my face will get red. It really sucks socially too because most people don't want to be around someone who looks like a tomato. Has anyone found any medications helpful to limit this redness/flushing. There has to be a cure for this.

Hi mate. you sound pretty similar to me. When I play football or go the gym as I did tonight, Im the reddest there by a mile after rigorous excercise. When I have a few pints, sometimes im extremetly red as well. Going for a curry makes me look like a tomato and when I enter a warm room, I feel a million degrees. If Im nervous, my flushing seems to be worse, particularly in a hot environment..Im getting a phone call next week to discuss a treatment called IPL which may help me. Ill let you know how I get on. It sounds like if it helps me, it would help you. Take it easy mate and although I share your pain about this condition, there are plenty people who dont care if you look like a tomato..If they dont want to be about you coz of that, they aint worth knowing..All the best..

Hi Always looking, sorry for the delay. Ive been quoted 6 treatments for £950 which equates to about 1400 dollars at exchange rate (cant remember where you are located). Ive not done it yet as Ive been going to a dermatologist who in fairness is very keen to help me and thinks he can which I seriously doubt! Ive bought a CBT book which Im currently reading and am very sceptical about but Im going to force myself to read it. Ive got another appt with my dermatologist on march 18th. At this stage I will defo get IPL if im not making any inroads.

Ive noticed from other users that the antihistamine 'Benadryl' helps with flushing and Ive in the last few days started taking that. Im currently at work, its only 9amish though and the heating doesnt effect me normally till about 2pm so Ill see what happens. Heres hoping!

Its the worst possible time to have to part with the cash as my partner potenially may lose her job as she works in the property market. This is why at this precise time, Im reluctant to part with the cash but Ill defo do it if necessary..

This product has helped with my flushing. It constricts the blood vessels. There's a money back guarantee as well.

http://www.rosacea-ltd.com/

If you try it, take it slowly, don't apply too much. I swipe it a couple of times across each cheek and that seems to be plenty. Once your skin gets used to it there's a good chance you may find, like me, that it's a cost effective way to limit flushing.

Flushing is also a cardinal symptom of carcinoid syndrome.

If you really want to put a stop to excessive blushing then you should consider the following:

1. First and foremost, you should take a trip to your local doctor to underline the cause of your excessive blushing/flushing. Some cases are linked with the skin disease Rosacea which will later require topical or oral medications.

2. Limit consumption of alcohol. Getting outright drunk is not advised - take a look at the photos that are floating around social media sites and you will see the effects alcohol has on your skin - it is a major trigger to flushing/blushing.

3. Try to keep your life and emotions under control. Stress is a major factor when it comes to flushing/blushing. When we get angry or upset our skin will blush excessively. If you are suffering from stress then try to juggle your life around to eliminate some of that emotional trauma. There are many methods at beating regular stress either by taking up a class in yoga or having a weekly aromatherapy bath. Take time to relax or meditate for a period of half an hour in your day.

4. Eat less of the wrong foods. Certain foods such as spicy cuisines (think Indian takeaway) can cause the blood to rush to your cheeks as the body tries to cool itself.

5. Discover the cause - by keeping a daily diary and noting every time you blush you might be able to find out what is the major cause of your blushing or flushing. If you keep it up for a few weeks or couple of months then it will eventually become clear as to what is the primary cause and will in retrospect be easier to choose a cure.